[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a point in using headphones over stereo?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: devialet_gold_phantom.jpg (163KB, 790x530px) Image search: [Google]
devialet_gold_phantom.jpg
163KB, 790x530px
My understanding is that headphone users are poorfags who can't afford a good stereo system, or live with their parents, or have annoying neighbors (usually it's some combination of these three factors)
>>
maybe when you can't play that hard techno at 90db at 3am because your cat is sleeping
>>
What is that?

It looks like one of those flir cameras on the nose of an apache
>>
This is such a stupid question. This is like asking if there's any reason to use a stool instead of a chair.
>>
File: audioegg.jpg (140KB, 1463x924px) Image search: [Google]
audioegg.jpg
140KB, 1463x924px
>>
>>61700127
What if I don't have a cat?
>>
>>61700231
maybe you have neighbours
>>
>>61700251
And what if I don't? Would there still be a point?
>>
headphones are objectively better than a stereo system

with headphones you have direct control out of what goes into each ear, with no air or stray sound vectors to interfere
>>
File: theresafishinthepercolator.jpg (126KB, 1471x1005px) Image search: [Google]
theresafishinthepercolator.jpg
126KB, 1471x1005px
>>
>>61700116
It's generally cheaper to get good quality sound out of headphones than speakers.

Think about that for a minute. Headphones encase your ears and are close. With speakers you need to take into consideration the size and shape of your room, where you are in the room, paneling on your walls, etc

You can just whack some speakers in and turn up the volume but they won't sound good that way, not as good as headphones do.

Basically you need a lot more money to burn and need to think about a lot more when making a stereo system setup.
>>
>>61700350
>>61700369
Enjoy being deaf at 40 and dying of ear infection at 50.
>>
File: .jpg (319KB, 970x634px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
319KB, 970x634px
>>61700116
I got sexy here for NC. I also got two 10" woofers in the house and studio monitors to go with those too, as well as a bunch of Chromecast Audio speakers for whole-house music.
>>
>>61700602
they're headphone not eardicks
>>
>>61700294
if there's no point for you then don't fucking use them
their purpose for me is to hide the sound from anyone around me
>>
Bumperoni.
>>
>https://www.devialet.com/
>audio egg
What is this queer shit OP? Looks like a scam
>>
>>61703501
Unbox therapy did a video on them
Pretty good apparently
Extremely expensive
>>
File: studio 2017.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
studio 2017.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>61700116

yes you are correct OP

my hexamped digital crossovers and sub can put out 115db in my house and i wont bug anybody

kz iems if i am out cycling / chilling - i cant stand can fags
>>
>>61703578
Open layout and wooden floors with no rug. Stereo system nightmare. Stick to headphones.
>>
>>61700116
1. Headphones are also for people who live with others, such as a spouse or children.

2. Headphones provide better spatial awareness of sounds than stereo or even 5.1.

3. Headphones keep out noise, not just keep it in.

4. Headphones are portable, so you can take your amazing sound with you if you're not hikkikomori.

I have good stereo setup, but because of 2&3, I will often use headphones even when alone, and they provide a more immersive experience for movies and games. I really only prefer speakers for playing music if I am not sitting at my desk, when I am getting up and down frequently, or the odd time I am just tired of wearing headphones.
>>
>>61703501
>>61703532
It's a French sound system of almost perfect quality. It's about the size of the watermelon but there's no difference between that and listening to an organ at a church, I'm not kidding you. It's like 20 to 60k though. Only audiophiles and the ultra rich own those babies.
>>
You need high quality monitors and good room acoustics in order to get in levels where speakers are actually better.
>>
The way I see it the only reason to get speakers is for letting multiple people listen.

There's no other advantage I can think of to speakers, and they are much, much more expensive than headphones for a comparable sound quality.
>>
so I want some music, but I don't want others to hear it. This is a normal life situation. I put on headphones.
>>
>>61700116
Headphones can't into soundstage. The vocals always sound off also. I'm guessing because of no room reverb.
>>
>>61700116
$250-400 vs $2000-10,000+. Of course it's about money, anon.

stereo is obviously superior, but not practical.

Also, good luck bringing a 50-inch sub into your condo and not get kicked out in under 2 seconds cause you wanted to play bass boosted mumble rap.
>>
I listen to the same ~30 albums at work and I am in an open office. coworkers woul grow tired of me real quick as a lot of whag I listen to is 2deep4u
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.