[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Early internet >Be careful about where you share your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: WvbysH3.jpg (364KB, 864x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WvbysH3.jpg
364KB, 864x1080px
>Early internet
>Be careful about where you share your personal information online

>Current internet
>You don't want your OS, your programs, your phone apps, and your websites to know everything about you and have access to all your data for sending home? What are you some conspiracy nut?

Why did it change?
>>
money
>>
>>61699826
Corporate interests
>>
File: 1499590071534.png (180KB, 392x309px) Image search: [Google]
1499590071534.png
180KB, 392x309px
>>61699826
There was once a time when humans lived in constant connection with the Spirit World. From ancient Shamanic traditions, we know of rituals used to propel the primitive human consciousness into the Spirit World to obtain knowledge, guidance, and to commune with ancestral spirits. In the modern and technologically advanced present, our sensory input is overwhelmed with what is classified by many people to be ‘real’. This usually comprises of advertisements, propaganda, and pervasive attack from all sides, by known and unknown assailants. These mega-corporations seek to control and dominate the human race. Through government-funded black projects, clandestine operations to eliminate resistance and indoctrinate state-supported dogmatic systems, and disinformation via mass media, they are effectively cleansing the human ability to discover himself through journeying not with his body or mind, but with his spirit. These aspects of spirituality have either been completely ignored in pursuit of material ‘ideals’ perpetuated by state media or perverted by so-called ‘new age’ interpretation from those who have no knowledge of the innate nature of a human being, who fail to grasp even a basic concept of the Spirit World. Other systems of control also exist, specifically in the sphere of technology, which is now so heavily embedded within urban society. There can be no doubt that along with the development and expansion of the Internet, new forms of communication and interaction with the world around us has developed. No sooner have such technologies emerged, than government and corporate agencies have sought control over it.
>>
>>61699895
This.

You're talking about a time before there was huge amounts of money to be made off the Internet.
As more people gravitated there, more companies did looking to profit off them.
>>
jews
>>
>>61700027
Well we've get the general population trying to justify it and branding people conspiracy nuts if they're not ok with this data harvesting.

Look at how people react when Windows 10 is criticized for the spyware it comes with.

Has everyone really succumbed to the propaganda?
>>
>>61699826
>Why did it change?
People are retards and don't care about their privacy, they just buy whatever shit they are sold.

I think privacy and not being anonymous was actually harmful for the web.
Namefagging is cancer and I'm pretty sure it's what ruined the web.

Just take a look at Facebook or twitter or whatever comment section in a online news media.
People always said 4chan to be the trash on the internet but it's actually one of the few social media where you can talk with some people and discuss about some subjects without having retards spamming too many shit and SJW taking the bait.

After browsing facebook for a few months to see what normies uses, all I found was people thinking they are so much smarter than anyone else and needing to show it to the world when they are just stupid and clueless people that can't read and think about a fucking article.
>>
File: wbjCmbt.jpg (195KB, 1436x674px) Image search: [Google]
wbjCmbt.jpg
195KB, 1436x674px
>>
>>61699826
>>Early internet
>>Be careful about where you share your personal information online
That was the web, not the internet. They're different things, everyone always used their real names on the internet at first. You'd find local users' groups and shit.
>>
We need a huge breach and then *maybe* people might get it. Huge like the encryption keys to Microsoft's data and telemetry store and a dump of personal info.
>>
>>61700176
Most normies adore authority and crave the tranquility of servitude. They won't fight for their freedom, they'll fight to stay enslaved. They *want* Daddy watching over them and deciding how they'll live. Whether that's the government or Google.
>>
>>61700171
>nu-/g/
>old enough to remember anything before 2000
>>
>>61700090
>Has everyone really succumbed to the propaganda?
Yes. Even if people complain about the spyware they still use it. This applies to Windows 10, iOS/macOS, Facebook, Amazon, Google/Android, everything.

People say "that's terrible!" and then just continue using them like nothing's going on.
>>
>>61699966
>>61699895

What if gov or corps are manifest of spirit world ?
>>
File: 1465176441464.jpg (38KB, 640x441px) Image search: [Google]
1465176441464.jpg
38KB, 640x441px
>>61700111
Sad but true. I ditched Facebook a year ago as soon as I realized it wasn't doing me any favors. Messenger was decent for communicating with friends; but all the people I speak to on a semi-regular basis are able to contact me through my cellphone.
And isn't that the way it should be? You keep good friends close, stay in contact with them, go out for a beer or two on the weekends. Why should I care about the newborn baby my uncle's coworker's niece gave birth to last week? I don't want to see pictures of your dogs dressed as children, either.
4chan has trolls and bait and there's a definite learning curve when it comes to integrating into the community. But at least you can expect to drudge up some genuine and interesting information here.
>>
>>61700303
No, they are Daemons
>>
>>61699966
Image being at servers
>>
>>61700354
People don't care about all those things, it's just an hypocritical media where people needs to show the world how great their life is when it's actually not that good.
I remember reading a few stuff about Facebook making people more depressed because of the idealisation of the life of other people.
>>
>>61700210
This.
>>
>>61700276
At the end of the day most people value convenience uber alles. They'll bitch and moan, but at the end of the day, they'll always do whats most convenient. All the big tech companies know this, and governments are starting to get it through their thick skulls too.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.