[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most botnet-free way possible to watch Youtube?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: Jewtube.jpg (8KB, 341x213px) Image search: [Google]
Jewtube.jpg
8KB, 341x213px
What is the most botnet-free way possible to watch Youtube?
>>
mpv + youtube-dl
mpsyt for music
>>
>>61697459
Have a sacrificial lamb rig connected to tor next to your main rig, and remote into it.
>>
>>61697469
You'd only be able to watch videos to which you have the link beforehand.
>>61697492
This sounds like a more effective way to browse
>>
>>61697541
you can also configure mpsyt to browse and play videos for you
>>61697492
i thought tor was known compromised since forever? also what even is typical bandwidth through that service nowadays
>>
Browse YouTube with uMatrix and block everything except for images and CSS. Find the video you want, right-click it and select "Copy Link Location") then go the the terminal and play it with mpv (add -no-video if you just want sound).
>>
>>61697541
>You'd only be able to watch videos to which you have the link beforehand.
someone hasn't read the manual
>>
github trizen youtube viewer
>>
youtube-viewer or other similar terminal apps let you search/browse YouTube vids.

If you only watch a particular number of channels, just take the channels's RSS links and throw them into newsbeuter or another reader and then access the vid links thru there.
>>
>>61697562
>i thought tor was known compromised since forever?
You only thought that because you're a moron.

>also what even is typical bandwidth through that service nowadays
youtube-dl through tor. The download speeds are generally acceptable.
>>
File: Anders_behring_breivik_fanart.jpg (859KB, 2250x1346px) Image search: [Google]
Anders_behring_breivik_fanart.jpg
859KB, 2250x1346px
I deleted my YouTube account this morning. Try it.

I realised I waste too much time on the tube, and I don't really trust the content. It will effect your mind.
>>
>>61698026
it has gtk ui for thumbnails too

>>61698037
is there animu tube?
>>
>>61698037
you don't need a "youtube" account(really still a google plus account) to use youtube.
>>
>>61698080
How do you keep track of all the channels you watch?
>>
>>61697459
VPN +no account
>>
>>61697459
vimeo
>>
>>61698202

Are you fucking serious ?

>What is RSS ?
>>
Can I create a YouTube account without a Google account?
>>
>>61698300
What is 2003?
>>
>>61697469
Mpsyt works just fine with videos and no need to download them
>>
>>61698529
Not any more.
>>
Alternatively just use newpipe.

I'm still waiting for a startpage version of youtube.

Yeah I know I'm a genius
>>
>>61697459

Install uBlock Origin and uMatrix, disable cookies from Youtube in your browser (or rather, disable cookies from everything by default and only whitelist those site you need them on), enjoy videos with no commercials and no tracking except for your IP.
>>
>>61697459
>open private session
>watch bideos
>close session

Woah, that was hard.
If you're really paranoid, install a user agent switcher/general browser de-uniqueifier.
>>
>>61698037
Does it 'effect' your spelling, too?
>>
>>61697459
just watch it you paranoid nigger
>>
>>61697459
Through your neighbors window.
>>
>>61697459
Replace Youtube for Hooktube. There you go.
>>
>>61697459
>way possible to watch Youtube?

mpv will open youtube URLs. I guess you could also use youtube-dl and download and watch that way (pointless unless you want to store it since you'll probably be using mpv anyway).

The much more interesting question is: What online video platform alternatives are there to youtube?

I personally love vlive.tv because they have so many great videos like this one,
http://www.vlive.tv/video/33246
but the content there is somewhat limited.

>>61699844
yeah, newpipe is great. Only works on phones, though.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.