[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Googles plan to defeat AdBlocker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: images.duckduckgo.com.png (198KB, 696x365px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.png
198KB, 696x365px
Shadow DOM is coming. And with it comes the ability to define and then close off from meddling as much of a web page as wanted.

Every good reason for the Shadow DOM is bullshit that could have just been applied to any element with a function call.

https://blog.revillweb.com/open-vs-closed-shadow-dom-9f3d7427d1af
>>
>images.duckduckgo.com.png
>>
>>61695093
Good thing I'm on Firefox.
>>
>>61695093
What does this mean, tl;dr
>>
>>61695219

shut up
>>
>w3c standard
>somehow google's fault
>>
>>61695093
that sounds shady as hell, I dont like it.
>>
>>61695219
>not startpage
>>
>>61695093
How would this prevent a router-level adblock? You can't obscure the fact you'll need to connect to an ad server to load an ad.
>>
>google seizing the moment to monopolize the ad industry

>only allowing their own adverts

they already control the search and youtube and gmail mail ads

they already have adsense on every website

WTFFFFF

>tfw the fucking botnet is real
>>
>>61695508
doesn't windows 10 have a firewall built in?
i made a thread about this shit 2-3 years ago and nobody listened... so u weebs can fuck off..
>Enjoy your botnet.
>>
>>61695508
Don't forget this january they're going to kill off all competing ad companies.
>>
>>61695481
it doesnt

but then again domain blocks are only effective against a portion of ads
>>
>>61695565
it gets horribly slow with a few thousand entries though
>>
>>61695644
>being a cia nigger monkey
install gentoo
>>
>>61695262
It means Google is using it's influence to create "w3" standards that allow it to make websites pretty much proprietary. Obviously people will figure out ways around it, but they'll only be applicable in firefox.

tl;dr lock it away from everyone else
>>
>>61695316
It's being pushed mainly by google, because they wanted Angular style components to be "native." They're just rebranding it as polymer.
>>
>>61695418
Yeah dude. They're even doing that whole "add some useful features, but mix in subversive shit" thing too. You know, like passing a law that gives money to schools, but also makes it illegal to have nipple piercings on campus. That kind of bs.
>>
>>61696178
And you can't use the good without including the bad. It's not broken up into micro functions which each add a bit of the good bits. It's either all or none.
>>
>>61695093
Shit is not going to defeat AdBlocker in any way. Clickbait.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.