[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opera Masterrace

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

Hey /g/,

With all the cringe-worthy shit Mozilla does, can we say that this may be the year of Opera?

Considering that it/they:

- Started out as shareware in '96
- Fucking made by Nords
- One of the inventors of CSS is the CTO
- First cross-platform browser to pass the Acid2 test
- Fucking invented pop-up blocking
- Fucking invented modern browser sessions (aka Recently closed tabs)
- Fucking adopted tabbed Browsing from InternetWorks
- Fucking invented the local homepage/new tab portal (aka Speed Dial)
- Fucking has a uMatrix extension
- Has fucking Turbo Mode (botnet be damned)
- Fucking Dragonfly
- So Much More (TM)

What are you fucking waiting for noobs?
>>
>>61692151
Good points, I used to love Opera. However, closed source software won't be an option for me as I'm hoping to become independent of x86 some day.
>>
>>61692151
I really miss self destructing cookies there, got any good alternative.

And yes it's a decent browser, before chrome everyone used it here, Nobody used fireshit back then, and I suspect it's going to soon be that way again
>>
>>61692151
>Fucking made by Nords
Yeah sure thing buddy
>>
>>61692176
Packet Guard

>>61692175
Interesting point Anon, the old Opera/presto source was leaked earlier this year if it helps.
>>
Just downlaoded opera, I used to use it all the time as my main browser then moved to chrome but recently chrome started crashing so trying it out again and man it's pretty good, and damn the FB Messenger sidebar is actually useful. And the built in ad blocking is nice and pop out youtube player. Guess this is my main browser now.
>>
>>61692151
Can't even set my own search engine on Opera
>>
>>61692151
how does turbo mode affect the botnet?
>>
I loved opera until it cut all the features and became a cheap Chrome clone.
How's it been doing recently? Have they re-implemented bookmarks, at least?
>>
>>61692884
Try Vivaldi
>>
File: 1501245623046.png (475KB, 691x801px) Image search: [Google]
1501245623046.png
475KB, 691x801px
>>61692815
Of course you can, even down to the POST data.

>>61692828
I was referring to the front-end heap as botnet in general. For actual precautions, there's uMatrix and the built-in stuff. Remember, these people created the pop-up blocker to cuck Mozilla (as they created pop-unders).
>>
It's chrome with a fucking skin and some social media plugins

I would say it's something like a tradeoff. You get a browser that can fit with dark themes a little bit more than Chrome (thanks 1px differently colored bar below the fucking address bar) but if you abuse the botnet it's more convenient to have Chrome.
>>
>>61692884
Bookmarks are there... what features are there?

>>61692894
>Vivaldi
Isn't that 2017's Yandex?
>>
>(((freeware)))
>blink engine

so a chromium clone with a fake VPN proxy?

im good.
>>
How's Otter Browser? I heard it's similar to original Opera
>>
File: comfy.png (211KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.png
211KB, 500x379px
Dropped when they added the shitty Facebook/Whatsapp/Telegram integration and started going full retard with the UI.

ungoogled-unchromium is the only answer now
>>
It's been a chinese botnet for more than a year now. The browser has been sold and the engine replaced with chrome. It's practically an entirely different browser and none of the points you listed apply. Where have you been?
>>
>oldopera died of webmasters' and users' retardation
So sad.
>>
>>61692994
Back in Opera version 12, the web browser literally came bundled with a basic web server. It was highly customizable, and had basic shit like mouse gestures built in instead of only available as third-party plugins. Then they dropped everything, and started over from the Chromium engine.

I get that the old Opera was probably getting inconvenient to maintain with all the bloat, and they were having some issues with the rendering engine they were using, but it was really comfortable to use and I've yet to find a (non-text) browser that's as easy to use with only a keyboard. Like, I just want customizable keyboard shortcuts for browsing links on a webpage. Next link right, next link left, next link up, next link down. That shouldn't be fucking impossible.
>>
>>61693259
Buggy and unfinished.
It's trying to be original Opera, but without any money, they haven't been able to develop it very fast.
>>
>>61692151
fuck off with your jewgle chrome based chink botnet
>>
>>61693561
>and they were having some issues with the rendering engine they were using
See >>61693373
>>
>>61692151
been using it for a few years now as my primary.
> feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
>using a chrome clone even once
>>
>>61694109
This. Everyone knows that non tech-illiterate /g/entomen use Chromium. Why use clones if you can use real thing?
>>
>>61694162
It looks better
>>
I want to use something that doesnt turn on the fans just because I watch a youtube video
>>
>>61692151
the popup video thing is so confy
>>
File: 1470758309830.png (150KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1470758309830.png
150KB, 1366x768px
>>61692151
I'm using beta right now. Lastpass was not working on stable version. Just configured it with addons and settings.
Are you Opera employee shilling it here? It's ok, I just want to know what's the deal with unlimited VPN you guys are providing for "free"? Also fucking ads on startpage/homepage/dial whatever you want to call it. Why? I deleted it all but it came back up on second launch. But its not showing up after third launch. Same problem with stable version.
What kind of user data are you selling to advertisers?
>>
>>61696556
I'm not an Opera employee, just a netizen who's a centrist and still highly recommends this browser after all these years. And I get laid, so, I'm trying to help people out here, my dude.
>>
>>61696556
San Andreas MP still alive?
>>
>>61698441
mah nigga
Yup. I play on gamerx.
>>
>>61692151
>BlinkOpera
>Dragonfly
pick one

Meanwhile, Opera 12.x continues to be comfy as fuck.
>>
>>61692406
you didnt talk about the fuckin built in vpn.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-02_15-33-19.png (77KB, 1102x659px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-02_15-33-19.png
77KB, 1102x659px
>>61692151
all hail opera
>>
File: 15005670434530.png (339KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
15005670434530.png
339KB, 400x600px
Opera was good back in the days, but now it's just a Chromium reskin with chink botnet and social media integration bloat. There really is no reason to use it over Chromium or Firefox.
>>
>>61693561
>Like, I just want customizable keyboard shortcuts for browsing links on a webpage
Vivaldi has this iirc.
>>
File: OPERAH.png (115KB, 1897x1121px) Image search: [Google]
OPERAH.png
115KB, 1897x1121px
>>61699790

THIS
IS
OPERAH!!
>>
Fuck this shitty browser
every fucking time i install this piece of shit chink botnet it redirects my searches to an India server
Google turns into Google India
Youtube into Youtube India
even 4chan has everything autotranslate to hindi
i turn off all location services too
>>
>>61701769
jej
>>
I would complain that it's proprietary, but that's the least of its problems. It's gratuitously overengineered garbage pieced together from random other projects.

It used to be kinda, sorta okay, but only on Windows, because you were already using a nonfree botnet and the extra features (IRC, email, etc) didn't have any good alternatives. They also used to actually develop their own browser engine which ironically failed because of its adherence to standards.
>>
>>61692151
You forgot that it also comes with a free VPN now. Opera has been trailblazing the future of internet browsing for years now.
>>
>>61701769
Hello Indian
>>
>>61692151
I started using the 9 alpha and got addicted to the mouse gestures but then after 12 they just made it a shitty mod of chrome and got rid of the mouse gesture I was most addicted to (right click + scroll wheel tab switcher).
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.