[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can we do to stop the bloatification of the web?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: web bloat.jpg (48KB, 699x531px) Image search: [Google]
web bloat.jpg
48KB, 699x531px
What can we do to stop the bloatification of the web?
>>
Become webdevs and do better.
>>
>>61691971
Every time you see a hipster JS webdev, punch them in the face and smash their Macbook.
>>
What's the problem?
>>
The last two webpages I made were less than 50 KB and that includes the dataURI images.
>>
File: the web through time.jpg (827KB, 900x2002px) Image search: [Google]
the web through time.jpg
827KB, 900x2002px
>yfw the web is turning into simply another kind of broadcast media
>>
Stop using shit sites.
>>
http://bettermotherfuckingwebsite.com/
>>
>>61692338
Yahoo is on the list? I thought they were on the way out.
>>
>>61692419
>2014
>>
>>61691971
Pajeet is a state of mind
>>
>>61692419
Old people still read the articles and stock stuff. What's funny is that the articles are written by typical smug asswipes. So you get a lot of confused grandmas in the comment section who don't understand what's the big deal. I really don't understand why it exist.
>>
>>61692419
The search engine is dead.
Yahoo mail and news are big.
>>
>>61692677
So when the current elderly generation goes, so does Yahoo.

I know what I must do...
>>
>>61691971
Isn't that what WebAssembly is trying to do?
>>
>>61692764
Not really, no.
WASM is a mean to load even more spyware in the same number of mb.
>>
>>61692803
Plus combined with the w3c-certified DRM we could end up with interesting* times.

*shit
>>
>>61691971
Block ads. Most of the bloat is ads and the JavaScript to load them.
>>
Disable javascript and don't use sites that require it.
>>
>>61692001
spbp everytime
>>
Stop using JavaScript libraries when you only need like 1% of its features. You'll probably increase browser compatibility too since those shitty libs only focus on the latest shit.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.