[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Graduate with a BSc in Computer Science >still don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1390802943604.jpg (63KB, 632x758px) Image search: [Google]
1390802943604.jpg
63KB, 632x758px
>Graduate with a BSc in Computer Science
>still don't know how to program
>applying for jobs
>Minimum 2 years working experience
>Must be proficient in Java, Javascript, PHP, C# languages
>Job description: Internal tech support
>Salary: $40,000
>>
40k starting is great you entitled retard. do you think you're some sort of fucking prodigy that deserves 100k or some shit
>>
>>61690385
>>Minimum 2 years working experience
Shouldn't be an issue if you worked part-time or had an internship.
>>
>>61690385
Ignore the years of experience and other requirements. If the job looks like you can do it, just apply.

Before you do that, learn to fucking program. Build stupid shit, or go to a bootcamp. Otherwise your CS degree was a waste.
>>
>>61690385
>tfw $40K is how much most teachers in New York make at a public high-school
WEAK AF
>>
>>61690385
>Bachelor
If you're not going to go into research why even go to uni?

You should've gone to a vocational school
>>
>>61690385
How the fuck do you get a cs degree and can't program?

That's like taking women's studies and not being able to fight for social justice.

Kys.
>>
>>61691988
and that's if you don't go the hard route of staying in kindergarten or upgrading to post-secondary
>>
>>61690385
Honestly at least 40-60% of people with a cs degree can't really program
>be at uni
>got a shit tier housemate two years in a row
>live in cs lab
>meet alot of good people
>meet alot of dickheads
>i gained a reputation for helping people
>especially in entry classes
>people frequently try to mooch off my code
>people try to take advantage of my help
>just start telling people in the 100 level classes to drop out if they can't get an A
>going to have a hard life if they can't grasp the basics

Go and relearn the shit out of one language and do that until you die, 40K is half of what someone who actually knows how to code would make, you are getting what you are worth
>>
>>61691988
That comment is to make who look bad? Him or the NY teachers? A $40k salary in NY is poverty level in most of the state unless you live in upstate ny. IDK where OP lives but $40k would be ok in a new grad in flyover land.

Then again my starting salary was $64k and I live in MI but I actually know how to develop software.
>>
>>61692616
>A $40k salary in NY is poverty level in most of the state unless you live in upstate ny
The vast majority of NY state is upstate...
>>
>>61692841
The vast majority of the population lives in nyc or long island and westchester. Like 70% of the population lives in those areas.
>>
>>61692927
This.
t. Mamaroneck
>>
File: 1469559415497.png (67KB, 343x400px) Image search: [Google]
1469559415497.png
67KB, 343x400px
>>61690385
>currently working on my Bachelor thesis, so no BSc yet
>have a job as JavaEE developer
>15€/hour

feels good man
>>
>>61692179

Programming is something that you learn way easier when you do it on your own

People go into CS in college and expect to get taught how to program at a professional level, it's really just a bunch of math and you have to teach yourself how to program
>>
File: 8a9.jpg (18KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
8a9.jpg
18KB, 400x267px
Need to try harder for internships this year. Recruiters always trash my shit though
>>
>>61690798
Not op but how the fuck do I get an internship while in a shitty community college that offers none for software?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.