[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PC Parts getting fucked up in the mail

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: example.jpg (60KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
example.jpg
60KB, 500x375px
So I've been ordering some electronics and lately, all my sellers have been packaging them like shit AND the USPS delivery guy will shove it in the mailbox even though it doesn't really fit.

As a result everything I receive looks sorta like pic related, if not worse.

There's usually no super obvious damage on the raw parts itself, so does that mean all the damage is cosmetic and won't affect performance or life span at all? Or should I try to get items that come like this exchanged?
>>
>>61686456
Is there any damage on the box itself? Was there Styrofoam?

Are are you so neurotic, that you are getting upset that there are scuffs on the postage box? You sound kind of underaged, use common sense.

Can't make a decsion without asking /g/?
>>
On sites like Alibaba, Amazon and Ebay poor packaging is grounds for a refund.
>>
As long as the contents are safe the packaging did it's job.
>>
>>61686659
Kind of true, but damage to the outer packaging means the logistics/postal companied insurance usually has to pay out some/all of the damages because they clearly handled it poorly. If the box is unharmed, the company that packed it gets to foot all of the bill as they could have sent a defective/ broken product.
>>
>>61686456
Remember: when you buy new electronic stuff, there's TWO packages to protect your stuff. A PSU will be protected by the mail box and it's own package, for example.
>>
>>61686735
this desu
it'll be okay anon.
>>
File: patchy no.png (298KB, 535x463px) Image search: [Google]
patchy no.png
298KB, 535x463px
>>61686557
No, I'm saying the product's box that the part comes in looks like pic related. For example if you ship an SSD in a huge mailer with little to no protection, the SSD's box gets beat the fuck up. I don't care what happens to the mailer.

I've had 4 packages now where the box was protected by only maybe one layer of very insecure bubble wrap ( the inside of the bubble mailer).

I could start a return/exchange on all of these if I wanted, but do I really want to be that guy if the innards are all fine and undamaged? So I'm here to ask whether product box is fucked up + product inside is all shaken up = damage or not
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.