[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anything better than the Cowon Plenue D in the sub $200

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: COWONPDW4.jpg (51KB, 1000x548px) Image search: [Google]
COWONPDW4.jpg
51KB, 1000x548px
Is there anything better than the Cowon Plenue D in the sub $200 price range? Anyone here that has one?
>>
Why would you use that over the phone you carry around everywhere?
>>
>>61683862

I've got one, it replaced my Fiio X1 first gen (which still works fine, I just wanted something smaller).

God tier battery life, great combination of tactile controls and touch functionality, great sound (I think it's better than the X1, but it could just be placebo). Would recommend.
>>
>>61683892

Because my phone is an iPhone with limited storage and I like having a separate device. I still have and use a Zune 120GB but I'm looking for an upgrade.

>>61683893
Sounds good. Do you know the max micro sd storage size it can handle? Is it at least 128GB?
>>
>>61683916
So you chose to not spend extra to get yourself more storage but want to drop $200 on an mp3?
>>
>>61683916

It'll do at least 128, and I think up to 200 or 256. Plus it has 32gb onboard, although the library is separate from whatever you put on an SD if you use folders for browsing/playing. I run a 64 gb just because that's what was in my Fiio.
>>
>>61683892
So you can have music without the botnet and the distraction of the internet
>>
why are these things made out of metal?
>>
>>61683926

I didn't choose anything, the company I work for pays for my phone. I prefer a dedicated device anyways with a better DAC. Why are you even posting in this thread?
>>
>>61683963
Because plastic is for poor people
>>
>>61683953
If you have an Android or iOS phone you're already part of the botnet, and as you're probably looking up your music using a regular browser linked to you GMail it really doesn't matter.
Not that what you listen to matters anyway.

>the distraction of the internet
Which you still have in your pocket, and it's not like listening to music is an engaging task.

>>61683990
Just trying to understand why people use these things.
>>
Anyone know of the new Japanese DAP at around $150 with a large analogue dial on the bottom left corner?

I saw it in an earlier DAP thread but haven't been able to find it since
>>
>>61684002
Better audio and battery life
I also just like gadgets like this
>>
>>61684002

>why have a camera use your phone!
>why have a computer use your phone!
>why have an e-reader use your phone!
>why have an xbox just play games on your phone!

You can keep going, there's a lot of reasons to separate devices. Better battery and audio quality on these as well as upgradable storage. Maybe I don't want my music to get interrupted by call, etc.
>>
>>61683963

Plastic and metal chassis, feels really solid in the hand. Has a good weight to it, too.

>>61684008

Shanling and Caiyin make some, but I can't remember the models...

>>61684002

Some of us are old fogies that feel more comfortable having a dedicated device with specific combinations of controls and functionalities. Why do some people use a money clip and others a wallet? It's just personal preference, nothing more.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.