[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 47

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Ask; last thread: >>61673832
>>
File: kLLOxce.png (62KB, 703x904px) Image search: [Google]
kLLOxce.png
62KB, 703x904px
>>61681325
Is there a way for me to download the iso from them?
>>
>>61681325
Need a new Gayming PC ,should I wait for 8700k or buy into the Poozen meme an get a 1600x?
>>
>>61681325
Does unplugging the router and plugging it back in cancel the WPS button function?
>>
>>61681464
Some routers reset your settings to full default if you keep them unplugged for a while, learned it the hard way.
>>
>>61681464
isn't the wps function only for a limited time after you push the button? as in you only have so long to connect the device then it goes back to being secure, while keeping whatever was connected connected?
>>
whats a moot
>>
Can dns server provider see full urls or just base domain address?
>>
>>61681325
what are the main differences between whonix and qubes OS?
>>
>>61681545
its something open to discussion or argument.
>>
So i have critical important information on one user with home encoing.
But i also have normal user without root for server and home usage.
How secure/unsecure is this config, can unprivalaged user get access or somehow intercept password to the root/first user.
>>
>>61681585
also if i'm using it from home is my actual IP address traceable?
>>
>>61681601
no, it's something is irrelephant as in the point is moot
>>
>>61681548
Just the domain name.
>>
>>61681638
Wrong. That meaning comes from moot being the topic of debate and the idea of debate itself being worthless in the face of action or already unfolding events.
>>
>>61681436
Not worth waiting for than 2-3 months. Get R7 1700. also >>>/g/pcbg

>>61681606
not enough information on your setup like is it over network? are you using encryption? etc.
>>
are GUIs a botnet?
do graphics make me a redditor?
>>
what's the way to activate wangblows 10 for free these days? i remember reading them before, but i forgot how.
>>
Is there a way to change the newtab page in Firefox (dev build)?

Seems like the only options are blank page and their tabs page.
>>
>>61681812
I always did it by using the handicapped access Windows 10 build, which is almost exactly the standard build iirc

Thinking about switching back to 7 though.
>>
>>61681325
can anyone recommend a decent serial terminal emulator for loonix, specifically for breaking into a sonicwall? the last time i did this i was still a filthy windows user so I just installed a hyperterminal trial. this time i'm not willing to stoop so low
>>
What should a Gti commit message say?
"Implemented x in y. Fixed bug in z" or something?
>>
File: 1501159676912.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1501159676912.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
How do i run a program i installed on my linux mint os?
I went to the built-in software manager, installed a program but cant figure out how to launch it. Same with downloaded software which is not included in a repo. I downloaded an open source python IDE, installed it but i can only run it by opening the .sh file
>>
How do I build Lua as a static library for VC?
>>
>>61681648
For example, not 4chan.org/thread/something but only 4chan.org, correct? Thank you!
>>
The block chain records all transactions ever made? How was it not supposed to ever get really large?
>>
File: KD1209PTB2.jpg (22KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
KD1209PTB2.jpg
22KB, 640x480px
recommend me a cheap, quiet 92mm case fan

I dug out an old SUNON and another one but they're jet engines at +12V
>>
File: 1373838227936.gif (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1373838227936.gif
6KB, 200x200px
I need to find a cheap bluetooth mp3 player for my dad. Doesn't have to be anything fancy, but I don't really know what to look for besides just "best cheap mp3 bluetooth players" on youtube. And for the most part I respect you guy's opinions on things, so I thought I'd ask. Thanks for your time.
>>
I have this code:
try A:
except
try B:
try A:
except
try B:
except
try C:
except
try D:
except
except
try C:
except
try D:

It looks like shit. What can I do to make it better?
Using python.
>>
File: 1500500433667.jpg (69KB, 340x372px) Image search: [Google]
1500500433667.jpg
69KB, 340x372px
I need to learn how to make some sort of hash table in Python that stores json objects. Any good resources to read up on?
>>
>>61682201
From the terminal or the fucking program launch menu thing, duh
>>
>>61682291
It it's supposed to get really large. Satoshi a dumb.

>>61682571
Just wrap it all in one try block.

>>61682720
A dict is a hash table.
>>
I'm trying to disable ndu.sys because it appears to be responsible for blowing up my memory usage. I can't seem to find it in regedit or services.msc. What do?
>>
>>61682870
equery b ndu.sys
>>
>>61681863
I usually use minicom. Honestly I wouldn't call it great and I'm also interested to know if there are any better ones out there.
>>
Whats the best way to clone a 525GB SSD to a 320GB HDD, i'm only using about ~100GBs of space on the SSD
>>
>>61682902
You havin a giggle mate?
>>
>>61682950
yes, thanks for asking
>>
Is this setup good? Or at least, not total dog shit?

I just bought this from a friend, i want to know how much i fucked up

AMD RYZEN 3 1300X

DDR4 2400MHZ 2X4 GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE

ASROCK FATALITY AB350 GAMING K4

SAPPHIRE RADEON R7 370 4GB GDDR5
>>
>>61682921
Best way: Create the same type of filesystem on the retro moving data device. Rsync with the archive option from the SSD to the decrepit magnetic storage.
Other option: Shrink partition on the SSD to <320GB with Gparted. Clone partition to ye olde spinning platter.
>>
>>61682751
Wheres the launch menu? Also what commands? Duh
>>
>>61683000
Nice trips.

How long have you been in a homosexual relationship with him? How good is he at rimming? The answer depends on those.
>>
>>61683018
Pretty much I do the rimming, but yeah, if he wants he can get pretty good with it
No but seriously, this is literally shirty aint it?
>>
>>61682291
It does get really large. It's currently 126GB.
>>
>>61683000
It's not amazing, but assuming you're going for ~medium-low settings 1080p gaming it'll do alright. What's the price?
>>
>>61683186
Yeah, medium was what i was hoping for
Do you think that it will be unplayable at 1920?
Btw, i payed it a lil less that 900€ (somewhat like 850$)
And yeah, i hope that the medium tho is for recent games
With older ones i should be able to get a lil bit more, right?
>>
>>61682361
A cheap shit android phone.
>>
File: _.jpg (34KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
_.jpg
34KB, 704x480px
I'm considering ether Dual Booting linux on my semi-powerful desktop or just go all out with it on my labby. Which is worse or better?
>>
Would it be possible to create something like DFHack for any closed-source game? DFHack is a piece of software that runs alongside Dwarf Fortress and does edits the game's memory during gameplay. This allows complicated scripts to be executed despite the game not having any native scripting capability. How would you go about creating something like this?
>>
Is it wrong to love a meme named Kevin Parnell?
>>
>>61683002
Thank ye kind anon, i'll try the second option. I hope you have a kind and warm day.
>>
>>61683313
Stop fucking Kevposting dude
>>
Anyone remember Sound Fonts? Whatever happened to that shit? Is there even a small community of people using them, or are they just dead and gone?
>>
>>61683359
i still use one on the now-rare occation i want to play a midi file
i guess they'd still be used often by people making music though, i don't know much about music production
>>
Recently got my bluetooth working again which I had assumed to be broken, though I'm now finding that the connection becomes terrible and will often drop after about 4-6ft. What might contribute to that poor of range, interference?
>>
My adblock is simply not blocking stuff anymore unless I enter a filter
Is it firefox fault?
>>
>>61682361
>bluetooth
consider aptx enabled, so the audio is compressed when transmitting but dont loss quality
>>
my bluetooth devices keep shitting themselves whenever my application I am developing makes a lot of network requests.
What's the deal?
>>
>>61683449
whats the extension? ublock?
>>
>>61683495
Adblock Plus
>>
>>61683529
User ublock origin
>>
>>61683568
Good stuff, friend
Instantly better. Thank you.
>>
>>61683484
try wireshark, monitor the traffic, then you can figure out whats going on

https://wiki.wireshark.org/Bluetooth
>>
im looking for motherboard drivers that I can get without going through a shitty 3rd party program I have a ASUS M5A99FX motherboard and cant find them to save my life.

also related: just how important are chipset drivers? like half my USB ports dont work and im assuming that is why. Im relatively new to the whole building computer thing.
>>
how do I view webms in safari?
>inb4 use chrome
>>
>>61683600
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/M5A99FX_PRO_R20/HelpDesk_Download/
>>
i think my laptop's audio is 'bad'
sound sounds 'far away' and different sources play at different volumes
what can i/should i do? is there like a reset function or something?
thanks
>>
>>61681325
Hi, i'm building a new pc.
I was going to build it with a ryzen 1600 and a GTX 1070, a friend of mine told me that it's a shitty build because the 1070 isn't worth buying.

What do?
>>
>>61683651
What software are you using to play said files?
>>
>>61683633
I spent like 10 minutes on the asus website trying to find them and couldnt. guess im blind. appreciate it
>>
>>61682906
yeah i tried that but you can't set the vt emulation type - is hardcoded to tv100 afaik
hypergerminal on wine it is then...
>>
This is a dumb idea and dumb question. I've been having some problems with X that I've tried to solve for a few months too long. What are some good alternatives to Xorg and what's a good DE/WM in whatever that alternative is?

I'm desperate and trying really anything at this point so as long as it's like 80% functional I'm good.
>>
>>61683600
whats component on motherboard?
you can check device manager for update.
normally windows will handle the driver automatically
>>
>>61683684
>good alternatives to Xorg
None
>de/wm
Fluxbox
>>
>>61683663
i guess its mainly mpc-hc, but i think i mightve noticed other sources (like internet, vlc etc) having issues too
>>
>>61683685
I just remember that when I first put the computer together I had to install drivers off a CD before most of my USB drivers even worked. I just reformatted and have lost the CD
>>
>>61683655
>>>/g/pcbg
>>
>>61683741
It was a genuine question to know if the Gtx1070 is worth buying or not
>>
>>61683484
are you using 2.4ghz wireless? bluetooth is "cleverly" on the same frequency, along with baby monitor, microwave ovens and cordless house phones (if anyone still uses them?). it doesn't play nice together. can you switch to 5ghz wifi?
>>
>>61683718
>None
fuck

I guess I'll go make a post on the forum and wait a few months before it actually gets solved.
>>
>>61683238
Oh man that's genius. I didn't even think of that. Thanks anon.

>>61683472
I didn't even know there was a difference
>>
I was thinking about getting a cheap mac on craigslist and putting linux on it? should I get the mac or just a windows computer and put linux on it.
>>
>>61683776
aptx was acquired by qualcomm
>>
>>61683225
1920x1080 is 1080p. It'll do okay for most games.

900EUR is far too much for that, I'd say ~400 at most (assuming monitor not included)
>>
>>61683738
open device manager (windows logo->right click)
check your chipset naming
go intel or amd website
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
>>
>>61683302
Possible usually yes, easy usually no.

For simple stuff Cheat Engine is often enough.
>>
>>61683895
Oh fuck, yeah, had a little mental fart there (it's 2 am where I live, it's too fucking late)
Monitor is in, and so is some other shit, ssd and all
So yeah, thank for answering man
>>
What happened to those networking threads /g/ used to have?
>>
>>61683935
Unless it's a really nice monitor and big SSD still not a good deal.
>>
>>61683722
>>>/g/hpg
find a usb dac XD
>>
>>61682571
Separate the code in multiple functions.
>>
File: file.png (103KB, 454x203px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
103KB, 454x203px
I've managed to install a custom theme on Windows 7, and this gap between Firefox and the Start button is bothering me. Is there a way I can edit some files to bring the buttons closer? Taskbar Tweaker didn't help, it just brought the other buttons closer.
>>
>>61683954
Thanks for the heads up, i'll try to get something off of it
Like a couple hundreds at least
>>
Do Somali girls make good hags?
>>
>>61683974
but im sure its the laptop and not the earphones; hey work fine on other stuff
>>
I moved an old drive previously group policy'd on windows 7 to the admin account to a new computer with 10 and it won't have anything to do with the drive, "access is denied".

From linux, I can view the drive fine but I'd rather not have to move the contents off and renuke it.

What do
>>
>>61684090
yay, usb dac bypass on board sound chip, so the digital audio stream is played on dac through usb, usually you can get better sounding.
>>
hey,

On an android phone, I want to open .svg files with Chrome.

For now, Android only gives me 2 options, open with google photos (doesn't handle svg), and open with fx file manager (which I installed, has a picture viewer, but doesn't handle svg either)

I don't want to go the idiot route and install an "app" to watch .svg pictures. I just want to open them with a browser.

AFAIK, all that android lets you do as far as file associations are concerned, is go to Settings / Applications, pick an application, then there's a weird phrasing in my language which I'll translate to "definitions by default" (default settings), well long story short, you can decide that such and such application will be the default app for all the files it can handle. Doesn't help me here. (also, what a piece of shit, you can't decide file type by file type??)

I also have a Samsung "my files" application, doesn't help either.

so how do I change file association for .svg on android?
= how do I open .svg files with (for example) Chrome? thx.
>>
>>61684131
google "take ownership drive"
>>
>>61684219
That was the first thing I did. The drive is otherwise inaccessible and setting new permissions is not working.
>>
>>61683809
I suggest picking a windows computer. What's the point of paying for Apple hardware if you're going to use Linux?

Also if you buy Apple, you should know that the default OS, OX X, is based on UNIX, like Linux. So I'm not sure Linux on Apple hardware really makes sense.

Buy windows hardware, it's cheaper, and Linux is pretty good at handling a wide range of hardware and devices.
>>
>>61684234
Time to boot linux then
>>
this is driving me insane, i want to use cygwin's vim to open .c files, but the makefile returns an error, none of the commands work

first i tried making a shortcut to the vim.exe, i get a shell error

then i tried making a .bat with
@echo off
chdir C:\cygwin64\bin
start "" mintty.exe -i /Cygwin-Terminal.ico /usr/bin/vim.exe %1

still get the shell error
however

@echo off
chdir C:\cygwin64\bin
start "" mintty.exe -i /Cygwin-Terminal.ico -

does not return a shell error, but the problem here is that this doesn't open vim, nor can i add vim to it as it crashes if i do. what i've noted here is that the - makes all the difference (I think), what does the - do?
>>
>>61684185
Couldn't find anything except https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appiator.defaultappmanager which probably wont work. I can imagine a simple app that registers for all filetypes and then proxies out to other apps with more specificity than stock android. Maybe you could write it.
Unless your file manager can do it.
>>
>>61684360
wrong path seperator character?
>>
>>61684514
thx! trying it.
I was beginning to read this https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=343819 "Chrome on Android thinks it can't open .svg files"
>>
>>61684551
>I don't think it's very important either.
;(
>>
>>61684514
welp, Default App Mgr doesn't work.

>Maybe you could write it.
wow, interesting, in 6 months maybe..
>>
>>61684655
yeah actually I use an app for the simple map of the Paris metro. Apparently it's just an .svg file that you can zoom in/out. With *ads*.
I found a .svg map of the metro, was happy until I tried to open it on my phone...

But you're right, if I really want the "DIY" experience, at some point I'll have to put my fingers on code.
>>
What is a good platform for hosting and monetizing videos now that Youtube actively discriminates against unpopular speech?
>>
>>61681436
>8700k
Games generally don't utilize the the CPU as well as they should, don't bother waiting.

>>61681799
No, no.

>>61681835
I'm not on dev-build, but if it isn't under about:conifg, then it doesn't exist.

>>61683000
>Is this setup good? Or at least, not total dog shit?
At the price you payed, slightly better than dog shit.

>>61683266
If you're a linux virgin, go for the desktop. Laptops tend to create extra issues.

>>61683302
Yes, although I would argue you shouldn't because of potential security issues.

>>61683655
>1070 isn't worth buying.
What does that even mean?

>>61683809
Buy non-Apple hardware. It will be cheaper and easier.

>>61683937
There's a router thread of right now >>61669062

>>61684978
>What is a good platform for hosting and monetizing videos now that Youtube actively discriminates against unpopular speech?
How are you going to monetize something unpopular?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_video_hosting_services
>>
>>61684360
whats the shell error?
I tried a bat file openwith_vim.bat
C:\cygwin64\bin\mintty.exe -e vim %1

then go to the test.c file right click -> open with
select the openwith_vim.bat
I can use vim to edit this test.c but the terminal shows error E303 at start

it's the error discussion thread, but I dont solve it by using their method
https://superuser.com/questions/364879
>>
Does anyone have an up to date mouse tier list? I'm looking for something new with a perfect sensor. I have a Steelseries Sensei right now, any recommendations also welcome
>>
>you can only create a hackintosh if you already have a Appleâ„¢ product

Then what prevents me from downloading a iso, making a VM and creating a bootable usb?
>>
Where can I get a cheap Windows 10 license now that the softwareswap subreddit got closed?
>>
>>61685088
wtf do you need a VM for?
>>
I am a total noob to IRC chat, I have always wanted to try IRC - what are some good clients, servers, how to get started with this ??
>>
>>61685136
mIRC is a great place to start, there is a trial version. It gives you enough of an experience to learn if you want more.

Once you are past that you can connect via different services, heck even java based IRC clients exist and you can typically jump from server to server if you want.
>>
Laptop with windows 7 here. Worked fine until it didn't. No updates were made recently, to neither the OS, programs, or hardware, just didn't boot one day. Booting normally gives me a blue screen with UNBOOTABLE MOUNT VOLUME. Trying to boot from my windows disk or USB gives me a black screen with a cursor on it, the cursor moves, caps lock works, but ctrl-alt-del does nothing, ctrl-shift-esc does nothing, win-r does nothing, right click does nothing, etc. First problem must be hdd related, but second problem is screwing me. Google returns answers that would indicate gpu problems but I'm doubting the hdd and gpu would simultaneously eat shit.
So, what the fuck?
>>
>>61685136
also interested in this, I vaguely remember in the dialup days using irc to get porn and other pirated shit before torrents came along. one thing I'm not clear on is how to find servers to connect to
>>
>>61685184
second problem is likely due to your usb not being bootable. if you have access to another windows computer then use rufus to make a bootable linux and use that and an external drive to retrieve any important files, then wipe and reinstall. it's more likely that it's just windows shit itself randomly than your hdd took a nose dive
>>
>>61685184
guess a dead hdd
>>
How do I overcome depression?
Do I just die?
Is that the answer?
>>
>>61685276
You quit being a pussy and start working towards fixing your problems
>>
>>61685276
alcohol, and lot's of it
>>
>>61685136
hexchat. AFAIK mIRC is discontinued.
>>
File: 332206847668781060.png (25KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
332206847668781060.png
25KB, 128x128px
>>61685129
I was thinking in create a VM and make a bootable usb with unibeast. I can create without a Appleâ„¢ product and my first of this was a really stupid?
>>
>>61685339
I don't want to start a fight but the website is up. http://www.mirc.com/get.html
>>
could anyone point me to the direction of a website which is chock full of Linux kernel modules? i nees the rtl8139 module for my Realtek ethernet card because the kernel I'm using for this old machine (2.6.6) doesn't come with it included.
>>
>>61685276
Punch depression in the dick.
>>
>>61685276
life is a game, you get a bad card sets at the very beginning, giving up is not a option.
it's the strategy, man. strategy.
deal with it. use your brain. good luck
>>
>>61684711
>>61684514
>>61684185
fixed!

Installed ES File Explorer.
>Find .svg file
>open as
>other
>chrome

Actually I didn't even try to see if Chrome on Android can open local files trough a file explorer. But not likely. Or I could have tried to guess the address of the file, which is

>file:///storage/emulated/0/Download/---------.svg
>>
>>61685358
well, I was using it and at some point it was discontinued (on my version a message was saying so). Didn't know it was back up.
>>
>>61685361
>could anyone point me to the direction of a website which is chock full of Linux kernel modules?
https://kernel.org

Though why you'd be using a 13 year old kernel, I have no idea.
>>
I have a Wacom tablet that I'm trying to sketch with. Windows has this tablet PC feature that causes a circle to come up around the cursor when I lay the tip of the pen down on the tablet because it thinks I'm trying to press and hold to right click. I went into Pen and touch settings which has two places where I can enable or disable press and hold for right click and I've disabled them both. It still happens anyway.

I can't find anything related to this in the list of services or any other control panel dialog related to Pen and touch. Does anyone know how to fix this?
>>
>>61681325
I installed a new radio in my car. At first I mismatched two wires, this caused a capacitor to blow. I have corrected the wiring and everything is working with no issue. Is this safe to use with the blown capacitor?
>>
>>61685498
Can't remember what I did to fix that but if it wasn't in the settings I'm betting I just reinstalled the software
>>
>>61685505
It's probably safe to use, but it deponds on what the capacitor was used for, without pictures it's hard to say. You might get better answers in >>>/diy/ohm
>>
>>61685439
probably just the unlimited free version, so now I think you have to crack it.
>>
Is there anything wrong with getting one of the really cheap Chromebooks and replacing ChromeOS with Gentoo/BSD? Will UEFI get in the way?
>>
>>61685494
>though why you're using a 13 year old kernel, I'd have no idea
16 year old computer
>>
>>61685766
What's your point? I run Debian 8 on my 18 year old PowerBook.
>>
>>61685815
the point was to be period correct
>>
should I trust HWMonitor CPU usage or Task manager? Task manager reports 100% cpu usage in games, but HWMonitor reports 70-80% on eash core max
>>
>>61685276
Get treatment. That shit is hella hard to beat on your own, and the best strategies can be counter intuitive. Just trying to will your way out usually doesn't work. And this is the wrong place to ask about that shit. I don't mean this thread or even board. Most shit people tell you about dealing with depression is incomplete or flat out wrong.
>>
Anyone here subscribe to mega? I need to download something, but I have to wait for the bandwidth limit to expire. Thinking of subscribing for the 1TB transfer, but not sure if this website won't steal my shit.
>>
>>61686392
Every website steals your shit what's to lose
>>
Can you remap your Fn keys on Win7? How do you go about doing it? Do I have to download the keyboard wizard thing from Microsoft or is there a better way?
>>
>>61686568
I think autohotkey can do that
>>
File: toohot.gif (476KB, 188x174px) Image search: [Google]
toohot.gif
476KB, 188x174px
I have a question!
Did any of you watched Xena when you were kids and did she made you feel funny?
I did and I felt funny in my pants.
>>
>>61686609
Seems like it should be able to. Thanks for the suggestion.
>>
What's the equivalent desktop AMD to Xbox One X? I want a cheap desktop gaming rig.
>>
>>61686978
The equivalent will not be cheap.
>>
>>61686978
Can't the Xbox One X just be made to run Windows?
>>
what distro should I go if all I want is to learn GNU/Linux basics and programming? I'll be using a VM btw
>>
>>61687145
Ubuntu
>>
File: filename.png (17KB, 572x440px) Image search: [Google]
filename.png
17KB, 572x440px
How do i fix this "ethernet doesnt have a valid ip configuration"
The problem seemed to fix itself earlier but it happened again.
>>
File: Capture.png (47KB, 1170x155px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
47KB, 1170x155px
Malwarebytes found a torrented windows activator as "hacktool.winactivator".

afaik this just means its illegal/unethical to use, But not an actual virus.

Am i correct / safe to use it?
>>
What's the best way to transfer files between an Android phone and a PC using WiFi?
>>
>>61687168
thank you! I plan to switch to gentoo, I promise. as soon as I am knowledgable enough
>>
File: 1495702349938.png (32KB, 693x297px) Image search: [Google]
1495702349938.png
32KB, 693x297px
Why's my HDD saying there's 200GB worth of space supposedly used?
>>
File: front.png (41KB, 236x282px) Image search: [Google]
front.png
41KB, 236x282px
I'm neet trying to become a computer man.

Right now I'm in the process of studying electronics, digital logic, network administration, Powershell, Python, HTML/CSS, and C++. Am I retarded for trying to do so much at once? Is there an order I should be doing things in?
>>
I'm learning the basics of processing, so bear with me if i'm being retarded.

This program draws a circle in a very primitive way, without using ellipse()

at the end of the for loop line, it says "x = x+0.01", But when i replace this with "x = x + (1/r)", It should do the exact same, Since r = 100, and 1/100 is 0.01, But when i run the program, it doesn't work.
why is this, And how can i fix it if possible?

int r = 100;
void setup() {
size(200,200);
background(255);
for(float x = 0; x < 6.28; x = x+0.01) {
point(sin(x)*r+r,cos(x)*r+r);
}
}
>>
>>61687488
Not for the basics. Having an idea of how things work (but not necessarily the details) is useful before you learn enough to specialise. That is why undegrad courses teach so much shit that you never end up using directly, to build up you cognitive toolkit, so to speak, so you can be a better problem solver in general.
Although it can look like a wast looking back at all the shit you put time into learning and never used. Also it looks like are a bridging a sysadmin and compeng curriculum. Weird but whatever.
>>
>>61687510
Might be because of integar division. Try 1.00 instead of 1, or casting to float/double.
>>
>>61687549
oh, thanks.
i just switched int r to float r and it works.
but why doesn't float/int work?
>>
I am thinking of buying 1060 or 1050, any tips?
>>
File: DFRAG.png (168KB, 1920x708px) Image search: [Google]
DFRAG.png
168KB, 1920x708px
I'm gonna defrag my PC that I got mid 2013 for the first time. Are there any better defragging programs out there better than Defraggler? The install gentoo wiki said it wasn't a good one. Also the picture is the results I got from scanning with Defraggler.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (17KB, 400x512px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
17KB, 400x512px
How good is LaTeX at handling multiple columns of plain text?
I just need something that can handle a layout kinda like this one and being able to keep templates for future use without the template breaking because one word is longer or shorter than the original.
>>
>>61687585
because the result of and int (1) divided by an int (r) is also an int, which doesn't support fractions. A sufficiently smart compiler could look int the addition with a float in the future and cast to that but obviously yours isn't.
>>
>>61687801
Pretty good, you will want to look into the tabular environment. But if you want to just do a template and not worry about it latex might not be the right choice because on the rare cases you want to edit it you will have to do hours of googling to figure out how to do stuff. It is only good if you use it often enough to not forget it all.
>>
>>61687697
Defraggler and anything Piriform is utter gay.

O&O Defrag is, or at least used to be great and fast. IOBit Smart Defrag and Auslogics Disk Defrag are solid as well

note that this is typical normie-ware that comes on PC magazine CD's, so expect 30-day trial versions
>>
File: alpha.png (101KB, 922x655px) Image search: [Google]
alpha.png
101KB, 922x655px
>alpha unused in actual expression
I do not get it
>>
>>61687845
Thanks, I do intend to use it every now and then but I thought that with LaTeX it would be easier to keep everything lined up and in order even if with changes on the text of each template without everything falling apart like in MS Word.
>>
is using i3 with ubuntu garbage ? cuz its somewhat buggy (nothing broken, just graphical things that im sure can be fixed) but if it werx better with a different distro that doesnt take autism 2 set up that would be sick
>>
File: 1455804209395.jpg (78KB, 506x506px) Image search: [Google]
1455804209395.jpg
78KB, 506x506px
Trying to mount a NAS drive to my Linux server using mount_afp and timing out, even though I can access it fine through Thunar. Any ideas?
>>
Using Ubuntu with default drivers.
When I plug in headphones it doesnt automatically switch to them. I have to go to Sound Prefferences > Output and manually pick headphones.
How can I make it switch automatically to headphones when I plug em ?
>>
Hello /g/, I'm looking for a torrent client where I can completely turn off seeding.
Reason is that I live in Germany, and seeding pirated content here is as bad as being a distributor of it.
>>
>>61681325
when you run out of xena pictures start with sheena queen of the jungle
>>
Any good image view replacement for Windows Photo Viewer?
>>
What is *the most* powerful CPU regardless of price?
>>
>>61688800
depends
>>
>>61688816
Then what's the fastest for finding tripcodes with tripcode explorer regardless of price
>>
Let's say I have a "trebuchet simulator" with a number of input variables (height, counterweight mass, wheels or no wheels, etc.) and the goal is to fling the projectile as far as possible.

If I just let it run in a way that it picks random values for these input variables and then recording the "best" values for each time the projectile beats the previous record, does this count as Machine learning (Reinforcement learning)? Or does it not count because the program is not making its "own algorithm" and just recording the previous best values?
>>
>>61688874
1. Create 1000 random inputs
2. Run those 1000 inputs.
3. sort them by projectile distance
4. save the top 500 inputs
5. replace the bottom 500 inputs with the top 500 inputs, with slight changes in variables
6. go to step 2
>>
bought an asus laptop. do I need to reinstall windows or can I just manually uninstall the bloatware
>>
>>61685052
"Cannot execute shell sh"
>>
>>61688983
My question was more about the definition of "machine learning", the trebuchet thing was just an example.

Does what you describe fall under the category of Reinforcement learning?
>>
>>61689064
wichever you preffer big boy
having a hard time finding the Uninstall menu in Windows ?
>>
why the fuck do I have such a difficult time with MKVs on everything I play them on? I can't get them to work in VLC without them looking like a grey glitchie mess and in pot player theystraight up pause for 10 seconds and play the same sound clip of the last 3 seconds over and over and over and then unpause then play that 3 seconds while the video plays.

What the actual fuck?

I/'m trying to watch Rick and Morty and the only versions of it I can find are MKVs why can't I find AVI or MP4?
>>
Is it possible to use android phone like Galaxy S8 without signing in
>>
>>61689373
just make an extra email dude, why does it even matter?
>>
>>61689406
Google account is hard to register nowadays as it required sensitive information like phone number
>>
>>61689455
go on to google itself and make an acc. AFAIK you don't need a number. If you do tho just get a google voice nmber. That's what I use
>>
File: deaddisk.png (756KB, 1016x901px) Image search: [Google]
deaddisk.png
756KB, 1016x901px
What is this and how do I fix it?
>>
>>61681325
need a USB 'sound card' that will allow me to do multiple aux inputs and will differentiate all of them.

bonus points for linux drivers...
>>
>>61688681
jpegview
irfanview
>>
>>61689895
USB To aux input
I'm sure it's on amazon but i don't know if a multi-port version exists. You could attempt
>>
>>61689590
You don't, you replace the disk.
>>
File: 2017-08-02 20_50_10-.jpg (71KB, 1006x352px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-02 20_50_10-.jpg
71KB, 1006x352px
anything glaringly wrong with this RAM?
its aus pricing
I don't know dicks about ram except that I max out too much at 12gb

I'm upgrading a bunch of parts so I thought 16gb would make sense but thats about all I know
>>
what is a good, maybe free, clone hdd software?
i am trying to put all data and my system to a new hdd without any success. i already used hdclone. took me 12 hours. but if i just plug in the new hdd, my pc says, that there is a disk read error.
>>
So I have a new ASUS laptop with a USB-C port, an old Dell laptop with some ordinary USB 3.0 ports, and a USB-A to USB-C cable. What happens if I connect the old laptop to the new one via USB? Will the old laptop deliver power to the new one? Will it just get confused and short circuit?
>>
>>61690044
>I don't know dicks about ram
Just be aware that DDR4 RAM isn't backwards compatible. If your motherboard only supports DDR3, you must get DDR3, and if it only supports DDR4 you must get DDR4 RAM.
>>
Has anyone used a itx mobo with mobile chipset and CPU?
Considering that they carry a full PCI-e slot how much bottleneck can I expect using a modern-ish gpu on It?
>>
File: 2017-08-02 21_06_53-.jpg (85KB, 893x945px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-02 21_06_53-.jpg
85KB, 893x945px
>>61690126
yeah thats about the only thing I know

my current mobo only supports ddr3, but I'm upgrading cpu from an LGA1366 socket, so I need a new mobo and new (ddr4) ram with it

I'm looking at $1000 at the moment when all I originally planned to do was get a new cpu
>>
I didn't realise just how big a difference ram speed made for ryzen and I cheaped out and only got some that went up to 2400mhz. Is it worth upgrading to 3200mhz? Those recommended kits are kind of pricey. I have an 1800x at 3.8ghz.
>>
File: File no longer exists (404).png (3KB, 344x134px) Image search: [Google]
File no longer exists (404).png
3KB, 344x134px
How do I fix this. I keep getting this error message when I try to expand images on 4chan. They still open normally in a new tab, just image expansion throws this error.
>>
How do I get 4chanx to not remove deleted posts and images?
Like if I reload or I come after it's deleted it's gone, I remember it stayed before
>>
File: pi_3-01.jpg (34KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
pi_3-01.jpg
34KB, 600x600px
Best place to be SBC in Australia?
Want to make a low cost NAS
>>
>>61690162
Pls respond.
>>
Is telegram libre?
Is it a realiable text app in terms of no survelliance?
Would like a source with the answer please
>>
Windows 7 vs Windows 8.1 with classic shell vs Windows 10 LTSB?
I've used every Windows since XP and I can't find the difference between 7, 8.1 and regular non-LTSB 10 (10 only has botnet and two control panels I know, but other than that no drastic changes).
Which one is objectively the best?
>>
>>61689292
install the necessary drivers for the matroska container format?
>>
>>61690626
libraries I mean
idk what os you are using or anything
>>
>>61690610
7 and 8.1 are better, they don't have as many problems running old software.
>>
>>61688619
>run out of xena pictures
I have the dvds and will make more.
>>
>>61690057
free?no
but Paragon can do anything

>>61688474
Every client can be configured not to share
at your own risk, get a VPN if you live in a nazi country.

>>61687296
FTP is probably ez

>>61687253
At your own risk
the only 'legit' activator at the moment is the windows toolkit
>>
how to use deadbeef plugins like the file browser?
>>
im building a functioning flamethrower attached to an armpiece for one of my cosplays, and i want to make a small rechargeable gastank connected to a solaroid valve
problem is i dont know shit about pipes or gas in general, how hard would this be?
>>
>>61690692
How do you activate 8.1?
Does Daz loader work with that or should I just go for 7?
>>
>>61690846
>>61690758
>>
>>61690846
I don't remember if Dazloader works with 8.1, I use 7 Enterprise myself.
>>
I want to clone a main partition to a disk.

Basically there's software I want to use on another identical pc, and switching the hard disks works, so I want to clone the disk on which the software resides to another disk which I will use for the other computer. Any convenient and safe way to go about this? Can it be turned into a VM image?

Thanks yo
>>
Should I renew thermal paste? It's been on for 3 years
>>
>>61681325
I have a broken connector of Seagate 1TB drive. What are some good but pretty cheap external enclosure hard disk?
>>
File: M.2 SSDs.png (298KB, 796x918px) Image search: [Google]
M.2 SSDs.png
298KB, 796x918px
Which of these M.2 SSDs should I get? The Evo seems fine, but it would take a week until it arrives and the others would be here in 2 days.

Is there really a noticeable difference between the Evo and the WD Green?

For specs:
https://www.mindfactory.de/Hardware/Solid+State+Drives+(SSD)/M_2+SSDs.html/listing_sort/6/71/2930:2929:2931
>>
>>61685505
Sounds like the capacitor was parallel with the radio to clean the power output. Look at prices at your local electronics store for a replacement of the same capacity, it's probably worth replacing as I'm willing to bet a capacitor will be cheaper to replace than a radio.
>>
File: 1497834145001.jpg (217KB, 821x615px) Image search: [Google]
1497834145001.jpg
217KB, 821x615px
>>61691217
bumps
>>
File: 971.gif (617KB, 498x498px) Image search: [Google]
971.gif
617KB, 498x498px
What password manager should I use? So far my research has led to Keepass and its forks or pass.
>>
>>61691138
Are your temps higher than usual? If your cpu isnt burning up, its fine to leave it. But it would be a good idea.
>>
>>61690057
Clonezilla usually works for me
>>
File: proxmox.png (51KB, 783x150px) Image search: [Google]
proxmox.png
51KB, 783x150px
>>61681325
There's literally no tutorials for the proxmox webinterface; how do the firewalls really work (which of the firewalls should I even touch, since there is the datacenter one, the virtual machine one etc.) and how do I get the IPs of the virtualmachines, since if I just "ipconfig" and get the 10.*.*.* NAT-IP and try to forward to it, it doesn't work.

I tried every single configuration by now, allowing all firewalls to just ACCEPT, tried forwarding every single one to the virtual machine, tried to forward only the main one etc..
>>
I used to use a VPN to access things in different countries and every time I'd connect to a new server my computer would recognise it as a new network. I've stopped using and uninstalled the program but my home network is still being called "Network 11" by my computer. Anyway I can get it back to one?
>>
>>61691418
And pinging from the VM to 8.8.8.8 says "request timed out", but in the browser I can visit any website.
>>
My prebuilt PC arrived.
Monitor recieves no signal and fans on my GPU inside are not spinning.
Wat do?
>>
>>61691418
> proxmox webinterface
U w0t mate.
Don't rely on it. Set up your own separate backup system and use iptables.
>>
>>61691699
Someone help I'm literally shaking.
CPU also has integrated GPU.
I double checked both VGA and HDMI separately and they were plugged properly.
>>
>>61691699
Fans on newer GPUs wont spin 24/7, they only spin when the card gets hot. Make sure the monitor isn't plugged into your Mobo. Are the other fans in the system spinning?
>>61691774
Your IGPU is probably disabled in BIOS
>>
File: screen-node-summary.jpg (203KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
screen-node-summary.jpg
203KB, 1024x768px
>>61691736
pic related is the webinterface and it also has some firewall functions, thats why I hope I can get them to work so I don't have to fuck around with iptables.
>>
>>61691812
Yeah other fans are spinning.
I tried sticking USB with Arch in, nothing even remotely graphical on the screen.
>>
>>61691812
Actually needed to press that thingy on side and it sticked deeper. Thanks mate.
>>
File: b058.jpg (150KB, 876x1320px) Image search: [Google]
b058.jpg
150KB, 876x1320px
How can I download any video on PC?
>>
What's the best free word processor? Tried libreoffice and didn't like it.
>>
File: 1497386839043.gif (2MB, 500x389px) Image search: [Google]
1497386839043.gif
2MB, 500x389px
>>61681325
Hey, does it make a difference in computing time when the numbers in given calculations are small or large? Let's say that I want to multiply 2 long numbers. Will 1*1 be faster than 10000000*10000000?
>>
>>61691894
youtube-dl
>>
>>61691910
multiplication is a native operation on the cpu aka it doesn't make a difference at all.

In most cases you don't have to worry about performance at all. You'll only need it if you're doing something time critical
>>
>>61691816
I know. I also know everything developed by Proxmox can be buggy, only things that work are developed by other teams, like LXC, KVM, Ceph. Backup set up in the webinterface can easily backup an empty image w/o partition table or data.
Learn your tools, know how they work, don't rely on a GUI.
>>
>>61690832
not a stupid question go to >>>/diy/
>>
>>61691969
I have n computers with n cpus.
I calculate PI number on all of them using MPI giving every thread a chunk od steps from the pool of 1000000000. It turns out that using hyperthreading (8 threads per 4 core machine ) gives much better speed boost than siply using 4 cores on all machines. I wonder why. Does it have to do with MPI_Reduce?
>>
>>61691900
Sorry bro. If you didn't like that, the best "free" one is pirated MS office

https://www.reddit.com/r/Piracy/comments/39qnll/guide_for_microsoft_windows_office_and_adobe/
>>
>>61690057
Macrium reflect, hands down.
>>
File: 1499018184203.png (9KB, 521x500px) Image search: [Google]
1499018184203.png
9KB, 521x500px
If I login to a site with other tabs open, will the sites on the other tabs steal that information?
>>
>>61690846
Daz is only for 7. 8 and 10 are MStoolkit.
>>
How to distro hop?
Do I have to reinstall and reconfigure every single program every time I start using another distro?
Is there a way to get a list of what's installed and its configuration files and at least automate part of the process?
>>
Are there any good sites/videos i can use to refresh my IT knowledge? Want to try looking for a IT job again (couldn't get anything the first time and settled for retail), but its been a few years so i forgot half the stuff i learned.
>>
>>61690057
>>61690758
thanks paragon did it, i always did clone a hdd, which was stupid. migrate the OS was what i needed...

>>61691351
>>61692371
thank you too, maybe next time i will try them
>>
>>61681325
What year did intel management engine become a thing?
Ive got some older computers and I want to know they have it or not.
>>
File: 1461195552102.jpg (469KB, 1440x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1461195552102.jpg
469KB, 1440x1920px
How do I fix MSVCR100.dll is missing?
>>
So this might be a weird question but I heard a Dell ad on the radio and it made me think. How does a company like Dell even get so big? Like what does Dell even actually do? Apple actually designs an OS and proprietary hardware and stuff, same with windows, but as far as I can tell Dell just gets mass market products and sells prepackaged shit at a markup. Do I just have a narrow minded view that's incorrect? I just don't actually know what the fuck Dell does, I basically don't expect anything of them and don't know anything about the products they actually supply. I just know they sell Desktops and Laptops.
>>
>>61692743
Dell did alot back in the day, checkout this video https://youtu.be/eRJmyFbzVvU
>>
>>61692651
Install the vcc redistributable x86 and x64 packages before you try running youtube-dl
>>
Why doesn't '-e */.Trash*' exclude trash folders like '.Trash-1000' in BorgBackup?
>>
File: Proxmox-Logo-big.png (14KB, 1024x150px) Image search: [Google]
Proxmox-Logo-big.png
14KB, 1024x150px
>>61691418
https://www.tienle.com/2014/06-03/setting-up-windows-vm-on-proxmox-with-1-ip.html

With this tutorial the networking inside the VM works, but I still can't connect from outside to the 13389 port it forwards with RDP, what's wrong?
>>
File: NewGame-1.jpg (201KB, 733x992px) Image search: [Google]
NewGame-1.jpg
201KB, 733x992px
Why most games are made with C/C++/C#?
>>
File: 1495133796086.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1495133796086.webm
3MB, 640x360px
fast question

what is the best language to parse text in pdf files?

i have a few hundreds
>>
>>61693614
Use pdftotext (part of poppler) to convert to text, then use whatever language you want to do stuff with them.
>>
File: 20170802_185329.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170802_185329.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
Why doesn't my laptop boot the live Debian .iso when I turn it on with the USB flash drive plugged in?
>>
>>61693673
If it's a UEFI iso, you need gpt instead of mbr.
>>
>>61693703
And how do I change it?
>>
>>61693744
Nvm
>>
>>61693766
Well, I changed it to gpt and it still doesn't boot. My BIOS used to allow booting from live USB's, so what's the problem? I did install Lubuntu, but I don't think that is the cause.
>>
>>61693859
>My BIOS used to allow booting from live USB's
Not all live USBs are the same

>what's the problem?
There's quite a number of reasons this can fail for.
Is there any output on boot?
What's your bios configuration (boot oder, csm, legacy/uefi enabled, secureboot etc.)?
How exactly did you create the live USB (dd, just extracting the files, some tool)?
>>
File: 1490984210769.jpg (50KB, 700x795px) Image search: [Google]
1490984210769.jpg
50KB, 700x795px
this is first hit in google on how to use CTRL+A as prefix in tmux

# remap prefix to Control + a
set -g prefix C-a
# bind 'C-a C-a' to type 'C-a'
bind C-a send-prefix
unbind C-b

how do i stop hitting CTRL+A twice from getting registered as a regular CTRL+a?

uncommenting this line does not work
bind C-a send-prefix
>>
File: teno aztec captial 2.jpg (1MB, 1692x1312px) Image search: [Google]
teno aztec captial 2.jpg
1MB, 1692x1312px
I need to use facebook for some dumb bullshit reason every few days now.

What's the best way to prevent it from tracking me? I use firefox + noscript and ublock origin as my standard browser already, but even with that I don't wanna cross it with it.

Is there a browser /g/ would reccomend I install just for my FB usage to isolate it? I'm thinking of switching to palemoon in general, so it can't be that.

If tor, is there a "idiots guide to tor" somewhere I can read?

Image unrealted
>>
>>61691431
Bump
>>
>>61694352
use a separate browser for it entirely
maybe a vpn if you're not a neet.
>>
i need a host that will not comply with turkish gov. do you guys have any suggestions?
>>
>>61694369
>use a separate browser for it entirely

which?
>>
Okay so recently theres been update to windows that detects it being non-genuine again. I used to slmgr -rearm command and it said it worked, but it clearly didnt. I removed the KB971033 file and turned off updates but it still wont remove the message. What gives? Is there a new method I need to do? I also had to hexedit the value on rearm because it said my maximum amount of rearms exceeded but that was easy and it still didnt solve the problem.
>>
>>61694755
kmspico
>>
>>61694755
roll back updates
:^^^^^)
>>
>>61694352
Use AppImage browser of your choice.
>>
How can I use text and video chat on skype?
>>
File: made you look, faggot.png (898KB, 596x593px) Image search: [Google]
made you look, faggot.png
898KB, 596x593px
Is there a FOSS option for video calling?
>>
>>61694930
https://ring.cx/

It's GNU certified free software
>>
>>61694930
>Arm hair
D R O P P E D
>>
>>61694930
Stop turning me into a trans fapper guys. You may have won are you happy?
>>
File: 1472153384199.png (707KB, 1920x1104px) Image search: [Google]
1472153384199.png
707KB, 1920x1104px
>>61694958
I don't think I'm okay with using trannyware.
>>
>>61694930
ring
>>
>>61695115
>I won't use the work of somebody just because of the authors personal views

you are just as bad as sjws
>>
>>61695149
>software company has a racist programmer
>wears a KKK hood during a call for a promo screenshot
What do then?
>>
I use a TV as a monitor and have done for years but earlier today whilst gaming the source channel changed a few times. Like the screen would go black and then the return with the channel name appearing. Is this the TV fucking up or heat from the GPU? I'm concerned
>>
>>61695173
buy 20 copies
>>
>>61695195
Kek.
Well you'll be the only one, buying if that was the case.
And it's the case with me with a tranny forcing equivalent.
>>
>>61695173
Don't pay them money, but there's no reason not to use their code if it's free.
>>
>>61695149
>let's invite friends and people to join, thus becoming "vendor locked" to a protocol that will inevitably be ruined by some faggot's political views
very smart move indeed
>>
Does anyone here live in japan? I'll be living there for ~2 years soon, how hard/easy/expensive is it to get PC parts over there compared to here?
>>
Are external ssd enclosures a meme? Was thinking about getting one for the OS on my notebook and velcroing it to the lid.
>>
File: logo-1200-630.jpg (31KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
logo-1200-630.jpg
31KB, 1200x630px
>>61681325
What's an image hosting site that's not a faux social media piece of garbage?

I've been using Imgur, but it's started to piss me off.
>>
File: 1371871249114.jpg (73KB, 1068x600px) Image search: [Google]
1371871249114.jpg
73KB, 1068x600px
Been fucking around with my RAM speed in Ryzen Master before I go into the BIOS. I bumped it up from 1067 to 1200 (they are rated for 1600) and my comp just went into a boot cycle like 5 times before finally booting. RAM is running at 1200 now, but does the trouble booting mean a stability problem? I haven't touched the timings of anything yet, just the speed.
>>
>>61695601
huh?
exernal ssd enclouse is for sata usually to be usb connected to something
if you want it inside then its just sata to sata and all you need is double sided table or that velcro
>>
I want to get into graphics programming with shit like opengl etc.
What are some good books/resources? Are shading languages heavily involved or is it mainly C++?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (12KB, 463x79px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
12KB, 463x79px
Got almost 2 million queries from this domain in the last 24 hours.

Why?
>>
>>61695976
They are performing a survey on your website.
>>
File: 432b528ed5446d970fe638d63de9c7c3.jpg (233KB, 681x1098px) Image search: [Google]
432b528ed5446d970fe638d63de9c7c3.jpg
233KB, 681x1098px
Hey /g/ I need some help here. Recently I had a disk with some bad sectors and figured to buy a new HDD to back it up and RMA the defective one.

As I try to backup, the defective HDD fucks up my boot time and when I try to transfer or copy shit it suddenly freezes, then afterwards gets disconnected from the PC. I need to then restart, and wait for the PC to read it for like 30 minutes and then I can log in.

When I check CrystalDisk or Harddisk sentinel it shows that the Bad Sectors has increased.

Any help guys? I have some important data to back this up, moreover sending it to recovery company would probably cost a fortune and pretty embarrassing to send over a drive with lewds on it.
>>
>>61696022
Use Clonezilla to copy stuff.
>>
>>61696022
You need to boot a liveusb linux and copy your data
You should not be booting in to the drive, you want as little contact with it so it does go full shit mode and die with everything lost.
>>
How do I add a gaussian blur effect to my Gnome desktop? I'm running arch.
>>
>>61681325

I can't mount my Windows drive in Ubuntu, even though I disabled fast boot. What should I do?
>>
>>61696002
BLOCKED
>>
>>61695648
Run Memtest+86
>>
>>61692380
Bump
>>
File: idduno.jpg (73KB, 794x640px) Image search: [Google]
idduno.jpg
73KB, 794x640px
I've got an audio related tech Q. My sound system which I inherited from my grandparents worked fine but then I moved recently, set it up and it works but its super quite both while using the speakers and with headphones on. I think it's the amp but I have no idea, what do?
>>
File: huuu.png (43KB, 192x188px) Image search: [Google]
huuu.png
43KB, 192x188px
best way to get music off an old ipod?
>>
I have a gameplay recording using OBS, if I just wanted the audio, how do I go about this?
>>
>>61696022
This >>61696055

But if you don't want to deal with linux you can boot this

http://windowsmatters.com/2014/01/03/updated-win8pe-includes-x86-x64-versions/
>>
>>61696481
iTunes
>>
>>61696965
itunes now let you take music off ipods?
>>
>>61697528
no
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.