[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on pic related? Also, advice on learning things like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: lpthw.jpg (23KB, 260x338px) Image search: [Google]
lpthw.jpg
23KB, 260x338px
Thoughts on pic related?
Also, advice on learning things like this as a depressed NEET that doesn't want to do anything?
>>
>>61680310
Zed Shaw is a retarded faggot. His books are dogshit and overpriced.

If you want to learn Python, get "Dive Into Python 3"
>>
>>61680339
I'm reading it for free, off of its website. I don't have $30 to spend on a book.
I was under the impression that learning Python 2.7 (excuse if I'm wrong, I don't know what I'm talking about) was more useful than 3 since it works as a baseline and 3 isn't in heavy use anyway?
>>
>>61680351
what is this 2009?
>>
>>61680351
2.7 is the EOL release of python 2. 3 is in heavy use. The only people stuck with 2.7 are faggots who don't want to bother porting their shit to 3. Learn and use Python 3.
>>
>>61680310
>Also, advice on learning things like this as a depressed NEET that doesn't want to do anything?
Just do it! I guess that's the only thing I can tell you, hopefully you will feel some accomplishment from it too. When I was a neet I didn't do much and regret it now, could probably have spent hundreds of hours practicing to draw if I wasn't such a lazy bastard.
>>
>>61680351
>I don't have $30 to spend on a book

Then either use some other means of getting the book, or get a fucking McJob faggot
>>
>>61680310
It's good if you don't know any programming at all
>>
>>61680446
Yeah, I could get a lot done if I tried. I don't even want to play video games, yet I still play at least 60hrs a week. A lot of it stems from the fact that even when I try, I get everything wrong and get frustrated and stop. I'm beginning to believe that depression is impairing my cognitive function.

>>61680453
I live in a small town and was able to get two interviews— one at Checkers and one at McDonald's. I didn't get a call back from either. Called back myself, only to be told to "wait and see," essentially. Also fucked up in high school so I'm 19 and still trying to graduate, through online means. That doesn't help.
>>
>>61680511
>I'm beginning to believe that depression is impairing my cognitive function.
Maybe you was always retarded :^)
Just kidding, anon, but seriously get something done. Doesn't MIT have programing lectures with tasks online or something. Starting easy is probably the best, I started CS last year and we started simply adding numbers in C in our first course.
>>
I want to learn python with practical examples and op book seemed pretty good at that. Where can i find the book (free) or another similar? The Dive into python is not very practical.
>>
>>61680351

Unless you're a scientist, use python 3. Also, what book you read really doesnt matter. As long as it introduces you to the syntax and basic concepts you're fine. All the actual learning comes from all the practice you'll be doing after (or during) you've read the book.
>>
>>61680351
there isn't too much difference between python 3

the kicker is that there are some syntax changes and things are implemented differently so it isn't trivial to migrate a codebase

starting from scratch python3 is better. if you need to write python 2 for some reason it's not hard to switch between the two
>>
>>61680813
I have a lot of trouble actually sticking with the book. It's hard to remind myself to read enough each day. It's not that I'm doing anything else.. I just don't want to sit down and read.
>>61681023
Thanks anon. I'll look into python 3
>>
>>61681669

I'm not familiar with the book personally. But if its anything like a standard textbook just read through the chapter quickly and get started with exercises quickly. Then reference the book when you get stuck. That's now i did it when i first started.
>>
>>61680839
>>>/wsr/
>>>/adv/
Read the sticky, rules, and lurk before posting.
>>
>>61682008
..what?
>>
>>61680310
wtf you wanna learn python for?
>>
>>61682321
Is it a bad place to start? I want to get into programming and creating my own things.
>>
>>61680310
Python Crash Course is better.
You can torrent it.
Or Automate the Boring stuff with Python.
>>
>>61680351
He has the same book online for Python 3.

Future proof yourself and read that. Yes learning Python 2 has some advantages but those advantages are rapidly decreasing with time.

I like his python book but Zed Shaw is a massive cockgobbling faggot.
>>
what about A Byte of Python, is it any good? python.swaroopch.com
>>
Why doesn't anyone just read the official docs? They're more than enough to get started building something
>>
>>61680310
>learn python the """hard""" way

I was under the impression that you could learn Python with any book and then unlock its true functionality with import statements.
>>
There is a good beginners python for data science course from Microsoft on edX
>>
>>61680310
It's a big pile of dog crap.
Don't recommend.
>>
>>61680310
>the hard way
>very simple introduction
pick one, faggot.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.