[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/, how many PCs have you found next to dumpsters?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault[1].jpg (33KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
33KB, 480x360px
Hey /g/, how many PCs have you found next to dumpsters?
>>
>>61679296
None. Picked up a case that I couldn't use. Has a windows sticker though.
>>
>>61679296
can it run minecraft?
>>
None.
I live in an all White neighbourhood where people know how to dispose of waste.
>>
>>61679296
was walking down the street. sunday morning. across the street i saw it. one black pc case.
no hdd nor ssd. no power supply. a black case.fx 4100. 4gb ram and mobo. dvd drive. no idea yet if it works.
>>
>>61679296
I have a couple of old Core 2 Duo workstations that a local college was throwing out. They've been sitting on top of my wardrobe for about five years now.
>>
File: 1220474389698.jpg (36KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1220474389698.jpg
36KB, 1024x576px
More than I care to count.
>>
I found a mint condition Atari st in a dumpster at the place I work about 10 years ago. Had a monitor too. Shit was pretty sweet.
>>
>>61680404
I bet one of them is a dell optiplex clamshell
>>
>>61679296
one. had windows 7 pro installed on it, no password. recovered about 8GB data out of the trash including photos, financial infos, phone numbers and word/excel/onenote documents.
>>
Recently acquired a Dell Vostro 410 Core 2 Quad E6600 with 4GB DDR2 from a restaurant that was moving to a new location. Not exactly a dumpster find but it was headed for the trash before I got to it. Works fine, might use it as a file server in my new place, it's fairly quiet.
>>
>>61679296
Found one of those cheap HP desktops with a laptop motherboard that ran off an external power brick, can't test it yet until i can find one that works with it.
>>
>>61679296
Two. Athlon 64 about 2 years ago and a Celeron 266 in AT box around 2008.
>>
I found a little switch the other day
>>
>>61680205
At least it's a FX, I only find pentium 4 with Windows XP
>>
>>61679296
Two working ones and like five cases with a couple parts over the years. Only thing good I found in the last one was some DDR2 to upgrade the memory in my HP color laserjet printer.

I've also found processors in new packages from people that swapped them and chucked the old one.

Best thing I probably ever got tech wise was my 60 inch Hitachi HDTV. One of the last 1080i rear projection that looks fantastic. The blacks are insane. The previous owners chucked it because they toasted their red filter. Like $5 for me to get another one and slap it in. Way too many people are afraid to take anything apart or even attempt a fix these days.

Oh, I found a perfect condition George Foreman grill when I went on a walk this morning. I'll probably give it away once the novelty wears off, but it cooked a couple sausages for dinner pretty nice.
>>
>>61679296
Shitloads
>>
I'm too gay to want to get a car, so I can't just roll around town one night to go pickup a bunch of old computers off the street to tinker with.
>>
>>61679296
currently working on fixing 2 dells someone brought me they found in a dumpster an OptiPlex 755 and 745
>>
Lol if you do this. Enjoy your roaches
>>
>>61680404
Same
>>
>>61682241
Comfy life
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.