[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vue.js

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 4

File: vuejs-logo.jpg (20KB, 900x550px) Image search: [Google]
vuejs-logo.jpg
20KB, 900x550px
Finally frontend web development makes sense.
>>
How is this better than React?
>>
>>61675298

Vue.js can be used on (existing) non-SPA websites as a modern jQuery replacement.
>>
>>61675298
It's not.
>>
>>61675257
>vue vue vue
>>
>>61675298
Like react is Java,
and Vue is Django
>>
>>61675371
How is Django better than Java?
>>
>>61675428
less pajeets
>>
>>61675428
How is that a serious question. Django is like a glider made of PVC and fiberglass while Java is like a glider made of concrete.
>>
https://infernojs.org/

dear code artisan, please get on my level.
>>
>>61675257
In 3 years nobody will remember than.
>>
File: 1501478851191.jpg (379KB, 1550x864px) Image search: [Google]
1501478851191.jpg
379KB, 1550x864px
>>61675257
why is everything based on jishnuscript
where is the white mans webdev language
>>
>>61675554
Inferno developer has been hired by facebook to work for react, all its improvements will probably get ported over react, if haven't been already
>>
>>61675689
are they helping with Fiber? does Fiber compare to inferno in terms of performance?
>>
It's no react.

I much prefer writing plain JS over vue-specific html attributes (`if` vs `v-if` for example). I'd rather not constantly look up the correct special syntax for everything, had quite enough of that with Angular.

I really, really, really like react + redux. It's just so straightforward to reason about. Yes, you're not winning any code golf competitions with r+r, and can't just slap it over existing website and call it a day. But what you get is the most simplistic data model I've had the pleasure to work with. Call an action from your component, handle it in a reducer, out comes a new object, components get re-rendered. Why was this rendered? Because `render()` looked at the current state of the app and returned it. Want to see the current state of the app? Look at the store. Want to change how action gets handled? Modify the reducer. Why don't I see updates? You returned an existing object from reducer, dumbass.
>>
>>61676065
grabbing data though.
>>
>>61676144
what about it?
>>
>>61675428
AbstractSingletonProxyFactoryBean
>>
>>61676065
Is that really what faggots are doing now? JS framework-specific attributes in HTML?

>>61676144
What about the vanilla data-* attributes?
>>
>>61676156
It's awful. You grab data into redux and you're rewriting simple loading logic every time (or generating the same function every time) and ending up with empty/dirty branches of state and (barring redux-saga and redux-observables) ending up with requests you can't cancel, and worse get re-thrown causing race conditions.
Sure, you can make a custom solution that grabs data more intelligently, but it's either going to be limited or so complex that you might as well use a separate package to grab and store data.
>>
>>61675660
http://webassembly.org/
>>
>>61676178
> Is that really what faggots are doing now? JS framework-specific attributes in HTML?

It's no different than 99% of the template engines in other language. I prefer JSX but Vue isn't doing anything out of the ordinary.
>>
>not mithril
>>
>>61676065
nigga there's like 15 html attributes for vue, and they're all intuitive as fuck.
>>
>>61676891
nigga zero custom attributes is even more intuitive
>>
>>61675660
>created by a white man
>/g/ hates it
>/g/ praises a homeless fat man who despises racism
um
>>
>>61676427
Hmmm, this hasn't been painful in my projects. Maybe because I usually run the CRUD junk through static pages, and react-ize only the highly dynamic parts where data travels over websockets anyway.

My usual experience with REST APIs has been react-thunk action creates request, attaches success callback that dispatches, and a generated universal error handler. Maybe dispatches a 'loading' event.

With websockets its even easier, just dispatch on message.
>>
>>61676930
Also a fucking pain in the ass when you need to do shit as simple as two way binding.
>>
if I want to make an app from my react site I just use react native. easy peasy and performant.

if I want to make an app from my vue site I have to use cordova, which is slow and shit. Or write two separate (unmaintainable) native apps.

The choice is easy: react.
>>
>>61677215
how is that ever related
>>
>>61677094
That works for smaller apps
>>
What's the idea behind multiple Vue apps?
>>
>>61677215
https://weex.incubator.apache.org/
>>
>>61675660
js IS the webdev language for white faggot numales
>>
>>61675298
Might not be as powerful but its easier to learn and use
>>
Why not just use Redux with React?
>>
>front end
>javascript

No.
>>
>>61679300
why
>>
>>61675257
you are already late to the party. vue.js has come but not gone quite yet.

the next hot shit framework is around the corner.
>>
https://hackernoon.com/how-it-feels-to-learn-javascript-in-2016-d3a717dd577f

Can we write something that generates JS framework?
>>
>>61680254
UGH, learning, right?
>>
>>61675257
it's better and more consistent than React and Angular, but popularity has nothing to do with who's better anyway
>>
File: clown.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
clown.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>61675257
>2017
>front-end
>making sense
Holy schnitzel, I shudder to think what "mess" looks like in your eyes?!
>>
>>61675298
No need to implement shouldComponentUpdate().
>>
>>61675320
This. Although it's still inferior to angular 2 in a new spa.
>>
>>61681596
Angular 4 is a monster and actually has LESS 3rd party support.

There is nothing like https://buefy.github.io for Angular
>>
>>61675257
>progressive

No thanks
>>
>Hmm, this could be nic-
>Hundreds of k worth of js
Dropped. Fucking bloat trying to sneak into my projects.
>>
>>61684825
You're retarded. A full build of Vue + Vuex + Vue-router is less than 100kb
>>
>>61684869
Is that minified? Idgaf about minified. I care about the browser interpreter having to grind through that mess. It's bad enough I use jQuery. Throwing massive frameworks at webdev doesn't make it run any faster, and it really doesn't make it much more pleasant to work with. It just increases your features/time metric.
>>
>>61675257
I fucking love Vue.js. I bust a nut every time something works, which is always.
>>
>>61685507
wtf. No modern website doesn't have a framework or isn't static.
>>
>>61675320

You can also introduce React into a non-SPA site that is using jQuery.

Source: I did this 2 years ago.
>>
>>61685557
That's the attitude that got webdev in the mess it's in now.
>>
>God Tier
Elm

>Good Tier
Dart

>Javashit Tier
>Endless arguing Tier
>Codebases using different frameworks Tier
Angular, React, Vue
>>
>>61685507
You have no idea of what you are talking about
>>
>>61683124
Angular itself is way more customizable with its components than vue is, but Material design is completely uncustomizable. This buefy looks great and seems to fix that.
>>
>>61685843
Add PureScript and ClojureScript to the Good Tier. With ClojureScript you just use Om.

Is there a production-ready React or Vue clone for Dart? I like where Dart is going with the static typing but I don't like Angular.
>>
>>61685644
What mess? It's at its prime. There are games run in purely javascript. A framework won't slow a site down..
>>
>>61685906
I'm pretty sure I do. I've been doing this shit since before jQuery existed kiddo. I'd rather write thin wrappers around direct dom manipulation than learn yet another flavor of the week framework. What does it really do for me that hasn't been done to death already? When will this nih syndrome wheel reinvention stop?
>>
>>61686237
It's useless cargo cult shit. If pajeet tier devs knew a quarter of what's available in just modern JavaScript then these frameworks would go unused and I wouldn't be pulling 5 js libraries every time I load a webpage.
>>
All virtual dom implementations are slow and wasteful.
Glimmer is superior.
>>
>>61686252
Again, you have no clue
>>
>>61686476
> virtual dom
> slow
Pick 1
>>
What do you recommend for frontend dev, boys? What editor/ide and what frameworks? I'm currently developing my shitty cloud brainfuck interpreter with rest API n shit on scala(currently trying to learn FP) and spring boot. Right now I implemented basic logic in rough shape. So I'm starting to developing frontend for this shit. Currently I'm using emacs with js2-mode, indium and some extensions as editor and jquery for developing. Should I add something for improving productivity?
>>
>>61679441
Elm!
>>
>>61687525
It is though. JavaScript runs on a single thread (with the exception of web & service worker) that's "non blocking" but actually blocks DOM when there's need for a lot of small scripts to run at once which, when using a framework or library is surprisingly quite often. It happens in every browser too. A bunch of "asynchronous tasks" in the background WILL block your DOM.
>>
>>61681583
(componentWillRecieveProps())

[spoiler]use redux you fucking shitter[/spoiler]
>>
i prefer my tabs under 1GB, thanks.
>>
File: frag.png (14KB, 266x214px) Image search: [Google]
frag.png
14KB, 266x214px
>>61675257
Can somebody explain frameworks to me? Why not just write js? It's an extremely high level and forgiving language. Why abstract it further?
Is the average webdev just *that* much of an incompetent nu male?
>>
>>61687562
you don't need to excuse yourself for using Scala, it's a patrician language my friend. Excuse yourself for using literal pajeet tier back end languages (C#, Python, PHP), although I'd recommend Play instead.

Editors honestly don't matter for JS, just set up component hotloading and get good linting rules, airbnb has a fantastic ruleset for Javascript. In regards to frameworks just use React or if you want to continue on the FP vein use elm.
>>
>>61689074
lots of pretty simple things (div/object selection, easily rendering templates to HTML) are tedious to write every time in JavaScript. Frameworks just take a lot of the boilerplate and bullshit around templating mostly. If you don't understand why saving time is useful then you're either autistic and/or don't have deadlines to meet
>>
>>61689074
>be dumb / incompetent ceo or manager
>wanna feel superior to programmers but cant because they know more than you
>make em use a framework that is idiot proof so you can feel you're equal or better than them
>keep your illusions of superiority
>>
>>61689104
okay, as long as you admit it's for making shovelware with pajeet-tier labor
>>
>>61689204
yeah totally, hence why these big proprietary companies open source these frameworks because they aren't worth anything man
>>
>>61685843
Elm is too fucking weird, if I could choose an FP language to do frontend I would consider Scalajs and ClojureScript first, maybe Purescript once they get rid of bower.
>>
>>61689585
How's scalaJS with react?
>>
>>61680418
More like ugh, learning shit that will be deprecated before you end learning it.
>>
>>61690305
Yeah, functional programming will be deprecated in the next year for sure.
>>
>>61689023
Using Redux for all state is an antipattern.
>>
>>61689585
>>61685843
Buckle a best.
https://bucklescript.github.io/bucklescript/Manual.html#_problems_of_javascript_how_bucklescript_solves_them
>>
>>61689107
This evwrywhere, everytime.
>>
>>61675660
I never got how these things work. Am I right?

Serve a JSON API
Parse with vue/react
Update interface
User clicks something
Interfaces change
Interface makes request to JASON API
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.