[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modern computers have less and less user-serviceable parts. Every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1438650084596.png (869KB, 753x706px) Image search: [Google]
1438650084596.png
869KB, 753x706px
Modern computers have less and less user-serviceable parts. Every system is slightly different and nothing is cross compatible anymore. I don't want to keep throwing away perfectly good old parts and having to buy new ones just because the size and shape has deliberately been made a couple of centimeters different.
>>
>>61672523
servicing is for terrorists and nerds
>>
>>61672523
Care to give an example? There's different CPU sockets but that's about it.
>>
>>61672523
You're not confusing modern computers with Apple hardware, are you?
>>
>>61672523
Get an old computer, maintain it for pennies and stop fucking complaining.

Systems were never cross compatible, starting from the early days of computing.
Every system brought something new, something nonstandard to look people in their system.
Take of your rose tinted glasses you fag.
>>
>>61672523
Nobody can fix 10nm transistors or such, they can only be "printed" initially and then manufactured with some success.

The bigger parts can be replaced with good granularity though. Buy a fucking desktop / server type of computer.
>>
>>61673477
>Every system brought something new, something nonstandard to look people in their system.
And also often to just make that new thing or improvement work.

Such as the many updates to sockets and controllers and so on.
>>
>>61672523

That trend is really only present in the laptop/mobile segment, not the desktop. I am a little pissed that AMD/Intel can't stick to a socket for more than a few years though, remember how long LGA775 and AM2 lasted?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.