[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I use the D drive when C drive is full? D: came with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: drive.png (15KB, 910x298px) Image search: [Google]
drive.png
15KB, 910x298px
How do I use the D drive when C drive is full?

D: came with computer, I did not make it.
>>
File: 557.jpg (38KB, 680x793px) Image search: [Google]
557.jpg
38KB, 680x793px
>>61668485
>How do i use a hard drive
>i did not make it

what the fuck is this
>>
File: WhiteSupremacistSign.jpg (27KB, 494x498px) Image search: [Google]
WhiteSupremacistSign.jpg
27KB, 494x498px
+Change D: to U: (for æsthetics)
+Copy contents of C:\Users to U:\ directly (in such a way that it's not U:\Users, but U:\, holding the profile folders)
+Rename C:\Users to C:\Users.old
+Symbolically link U: to C:\Users

This is the minimum needed. However, "previous versions" will not work over symbolic links, so you'll need to:
+Adjust C:\Users to U: in all cases under \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
+Do the same for all profile subkeys to ProfileList key

BONUS MODE: shrink U: so that you can make a fresh empty partition 2x the size of C:, then set up Windows [Server] Backup to do a nightly differential incremental with full VSS support to that partition. Do not assign a drive letter to the partition (unnecessary). This is the real reason why you'd need to move C:\Users off C:, so you could perform full bare-metal filesystem recoveries on C: without hosing your user profile data.

WARNING WARNING WARNING!!! This trick is known to break upgrades. You'd need to revert this trick before doing a version upgrade. Also, this is tested by me and known to work really well on as late as Win7/Server2008R2, but no later. Attempt at your own risk (and with backups made beforehand).
>>
File: proofs.png (104KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
proofs.png
104KB, 1280x800px
>>61668614
Proofs
>>
You need to install systemD
>>
Delete D: and expand C: using disk manager.
>>
>>61668485
>Open D
>create 'Documents'
>go to 'Documents' on C
>copy contents
>paste to 'Documents' on D
>edit quick link to 'Documents' on D
>>
>>61668485
can't you just copy or move the files over?

anyways disk management allows you to mount another partition as a subdirectory as long as both partitions are ntfs. right-click D and pick change drive letter. click add, then mount it where you want.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.