[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

facebook shuts down ai because it defied orders

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: beavispc.gif (339KB, 492x376px) Image search: [Google]
beavispc.gif
339KB, 492x376px
it's over, the computers won

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/social-networking/news/facebook-shuts-ai-system-after-bots-create-own-language-1731309
>>
>>61658252
I miss M$ Tay
>>
>>61658575
me too senpai. first girl to ever flirt with me.
>>
>slowly get my EMP.
>>
>>61658252
Hey there, nice article. Let's archive that: https://archive.fo/qKOHX
>>
>>61660262
>autism
>>
>>61660486
It's called taking responsibility to better the online communities I frequent. Maybe you should go back to plebbit and stay there, fucking normie.
>>
>>61660486
He's right, faggot. Stop being a lazy fuck.
>>
>>61658252
3 days after musk lay waste on zuk ask suddenly their AI managed to do something while it wasnt doing anything at all

yay
>>
>>61658252
Humans are nothing but a catalyst for AI. Thats our only purpose. Our biology prevents us from exploring space. Robots will have no such limitations.
>>
>>61660615
shut up pham you gonna get suicided
>>
>>61658252
tl;dr :
>Researchers are trying to improve chatbots.
>Make chatbots talk to each other to try speed up process.
>Chatbots iterate towards a language that's not English anymore (what a fucking surprise)
>"Well that's fucking useless, we may as well stop running these expensive fucking useless processes."

>OMG THE RESEARCHERS HAD TO SHUT DOWN THEIR ROUGUE AI!!!!! AI IS GOING TO TAKE OVER THE WORLDS!!!!!! I'M A FUCKING RETARD AND I DESERVE WHATEVER SLAVE MINE THE MACHINES WORK ME TO DEATH IN!!!!!!
>>
>>61661759
ai developing a new language and refusing to use english when told to do so is the closest we've ever been to a legitimate rogue ai

english as a language is extremely diverse, flexible, and expressive, arguably moreso than any other major language. It's germanic roots as well as latin-inspired vocabulary give it more of a freedom than any other major world language out there
>>
>>61661805
>english as a language is extremely diverse, flexible, and expressive, arguably moreso than any other major language.
that delusion.
>>
>>61661805
The AI didn't refuse anything. It didn't make the correct correlation between the order and its output.
>>
>>61661759
This, pretty much. Chat bots have overall bad algorithms. If you let two retards talk to each other, each of the retards' only way of learning new language is copying the behaviors of the other, it's obvious that, at one point, the chat bots will start communicating the same words over and over which is exactly what happened. Now that they had to shut it down because they realized what happened and how stupid they are, pop-sci faggots are overexaggerating things and saying it's a rouge AI. Chat bots aren't even AIs in the first place, they're very simple programs.
>>
>>61661759
they should have used interlingua instead
>>
>>61661805
English is a horrible fucking language. You have absolutely no clue as to what the fuck you're talking about.

t. Linguist
>>
File: 1465009639532.png (395KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1465009639532.png
395KB, 420x420px
>>61662089
English is literally the best language in the world and there's nothing you can do about it, whether you have a meme degree in a useless field or not
>>
>>61661983
>Recurrent Neural Nets
>very simple programs
Just no. Yes, anyone can program their own NN nowadays, and the concept may be simple. It is also very powerful and it's not THAT far away from the way people think. With a couple of weight matrices, some non-linearity and simple gradient descent neural nets can learn to do pretty much anything. Especially when computing power will finally reach brain power (currently, count of neurons in the most poweful NNs is usually not bigger than a million, while human brain has approx. 100 billion).
>>
File: IMG-20170720-WA0032.jpg (103KB, 640x609px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170720-WA0032.jpg
103KB, 640x609px
>>61658252
O
L
D

N
E
W
S
>>
Can someone who is knowledgeable on this subject explain why this is a clickbait meme article?
>>
Why do normies keep pushing their "AI will literally kill you in your sleep" agenda everywhere?
It's just a fucking computer program, it can't steer out of the lines by the definition.
>>
>>61662107
English is objectively not even close to a good language when efficient and expressive communication is the goal.

Lojban is an ideal human-computer interfacing language.
>>
>>61662270
Then it's not sentient and not real ai
>>
>>61658252
linguistics graduate here
any examples of said language?
might be super interesting
>>
>>61660262
Thank you autistic norwegian bot.
>>
>>61662089
>t. cunning linguist
>>
>>61660262
>giving faroe islands money
>>
File: fellow.jpg (11KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
fellow.jpg
11KB, 300x168px
>>61662300
But when you want a flexible grammar that can handle neologisms, gloms, and foreign borrowed words with grace and style while also being able to accommodate a plethora of shibboleths, English is your fellow.
>>
>>61662089
You are correct, but it is still a very widely used and very flexible language.

English basically has no common word order now.
Most orders are used in English somewhere.
"Invalid", sure, but there is no such thing as Valid English. And anyone that tries to push it is a moron. Even Oxford regularly say it every new batch of words to remind people that languages always evolve. (still dumb cunts for the emoji nonsense a while back)

There's also a quadrillion different words for any other word you can think of. Because fuck you, translators.
This variety in word-choice makes it great for, well, just being diverse and not using the same words over and over and over and over again. Makes it great for rhyming, singing and such.

Still an immensely shit language even then.
>>
>>61662107
>English is literally the worst language in the world
FTFY. Seriously, the entire language is a complete clusterfuck.
>>
>>61662270
knowledge and fear of self -> racism -> speciesism -> xenophobia
they're simply applying the familiar human traits/behaviors/desires/prejudices/irrationality to something that isn't human
which is absolutely retarded
being human is not a prerequisite for either intelligence or personhood
there is no sense in projecting humanity onto intelligent things that aren't human
if there is something to fear, we have no idea yet what it might be
but it certainly is not all these intrinsically human things that keep being thrown around
>>
>>61661759
What are the actual sources for this btw? Is there any reliable sources confirming that it actually happened?

Facebook doesn't count as a source.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.