[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gamers got shafted by AMD again... another arch for compute...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: fuck!!.jpg (18KB, 237x210px) Image search: [Google]
fuck!!.jpg
18KB, 237x210px
Gamers got shafted by AMD again... another arch for compute... why AMD why do you do the same shit every time, fuck you AMD FUCK YOU, Nvidia makes gamer hardware not this psuedo enterprise crap you make, you have tricked me for the last time, no gamer will ever want your GPU again!
>>
>>61657207
>lil baby gaymur is mad his favorite corporations are no longer pandering directly to him

They see greener pastures and much richer customers in other markets. Deal with it fagotron. Also, Volta is meme-centric as well.
>>
The biggest margins come from enterprise always, if they're able to get make major profits, maybe they'll humor you with a card that doesn't suck ass.
>>
>>61657207
I want gaymers to leave this board.
>>
Cry more at /v/
>>
File: 1496876457729.jpg (186KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1496876457729.jpg
186KB, 900x1200px
you have to go back
>>
>>61657207
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAW

Just buy Nvidia for your bideo games and shut the fuck up.
>>
>>61657207
Because gaymens don't buy AMD, while enterprise might/do. Because creating 1 chip and selling it for 6000-7000 USD is much much more profitable than selling it for 500-600 USD.
Is this so hard to understand?
>>
>>61657287
"Technology" does not make this exclusive to non-gaymen stuff.
>>
>>61657207
>http://www.anandtech.com/show/11680/radeon-rx-vega-unveiled-amd-announecs-499-rx-vega-64-399-rx-vega-56-launching-in-august

>Talking to AMD’s engineers, what especially surprised me is where the bulk of those transistors went; the single largest consumer of the additional 3.9B transistors was spent on designing the chip to clock much higher than Fiji. Vega 10 can reach 1.7GHz, whereas Fiji couldn’t do much more than 1.05GHz. Additional transistors are needed to add pipeline stages at various points or build in latency hiding mechanisms, as electrons can only move so far on a single clock cycle; this is something we’ve seen in NVIDIA’s Pascal, not to mention countless CPU designs. Still, what it means is that those 3.9B transistors are serving a very important performance purpose: allowing AMD to clock the card high enough to see significant performance gains over Fiji.

>Speaking of Fiji, there’s been some question over whether the already shipping Vega FE cards had AMD’s Draw Steam Binning Rasterizer enabled, which is one of the Vega architecture’s new features. The short answer is that no, the DSBR is not enabled in Vega FE’s current drivers. Whereas we have been told to expect it with the RX Vega launch. AMD is being careful not to make too many promises here – the performance and power impact of the DSBR vary wildly with the software used – but it means that the RX Vega will have a bit more going on than the Vega FE at launch.

It's not an arch for compute. Vega does very well in most pro rendering workloads, it's just that DSBR isn't enabled yet and so Vega is bandwidth starved in games. Sorry, you're going to have to Wait for Drivers(TM) to see how well DSBR is implemented (theoretically it should reduce bandwidth requirements by up to 30%) to see how Vega really performs in games.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.