[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does it feel knowing that there will be tons of normies,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 9

How does it feel knowing that there will be tons of normies, autists, and redditors going into engineering because they think they'll be like him?
>>
Better having degree inflation than more dumb labourers.
>>
>>61653989
But the inflation will make the people with the degrees equivalent to the dumb laborers, setting the bar even higher in our retardedly unbalanced society
>>
>>61653968
It means there'll be more resumes thrown in the garbage and more pointless interviews that drag-on forever.

Sometimes I wish I could just end them quickly and tell them there's no fucking way in hell they're getting the job.
>>
File: zcwALQe.png (57KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
zcwALQe.png
57KB, 800x800px
>>61653968
Not as annoying as every faggot business "ideas" guy thinking they're Steve Jobs.
>>
>>61653968
they wont make it through university. Atleast for Software eng or Computer science, most people who get into it because "It's where the money is" usually fail first year.
>>
>>61653968
>normies, autists, and redditors going into engineering
What makes you think they don't already?
>they think they'll be like him?
Not a bad thing, people have hopes
>>
>>61654002
Dumb people have a higher chance of not making it through degrees.
>>
>>61653968
If North American engineering goes to hell because of whatever meme persons of the year, I'll just buy even more Eurasian products.
>>
>>61654012
This.. The entry level physics course is usually 200-300 people. Half way through the semester this shrinks to 100 people. Then it widdles down even further as you take your engineering specific courses. By The end of sophomore year, you know all of the people in your class/major by name.
>>
>>61654012
I recall you allow shitty diploma mills to hand out academic degrees, and degrees in ridiculous "fields" are also a thing.

They will end up with a degree, won't they. And certainly not everyone will be like "but you aren't from CMU or MIT or a srs university".
>>
File: pepe tired of your shit.jpg (33KB, 575x556px) Image search: [Google]
pepe tired of your shit.jpg
33KB, 575x556px
>waaah we have a crisis because majority of students choose meme degrees instead of STEM

>REEEE leave my STEM alone normies
>>
>>61653968
Feels good because I'm smarter than all of them.
t. McDonald's employee
>>
I cant tell if Elon is just a coked up businessman or actual genius but I hate that he perpetuates the "le science man" persona

He might send us to Mars but he just oozes autism
>>
>>61654094
Dumb frog poster!
>>>/out/
>>
>>61654026
degrees doesnt mean anything in the real world...
90% of the millionaires and billionaires didnt even had a degree to start...
>>
>>61654012
>"It's where the money is"
Then why the fuck should I be doing it?
>>
>>61653968
I don't know if you know any engineers, but most of them are already pretty autistic.
>>
>>61654132
he's good at pretending he's autist, but this normie is just another asshole businessman
>>
>>61654294
I mean, all of them cant be, right?

Most ive met are dorks who somehow thought them being genetic failures meant they had to be scientists, who have no knowledge of anything but engineering and their autistic hobbies

But certainly there are Chad engineers out there too, right?
>>
>>61653968
Most engineers are already normies from my experience.

>>61654132
He's pretty easy going if you talk to him in person but definitely has some quirks.
>t. SpaceX shill

>>61654294
It's the math/physics guys that tend to be on the spectrum.
>>
>>61654338
The degree in Physics makes me think otherwise
>>
>>61653968
what do you suggest instead?
major in history?
>>
>>61654338
^this and
>>61654132
> coked up businessman

There are tons of engineers who fawn over this guy. I just tend to use this as a red flag that they're likely brainlets. If normies find inspiration and decide to pursue engineering, so be it. If they last past 1st semester sophomore year, maybe engineering is for them. If they graduate, even better. There will be those engineers who know what they're doing and thus don't fall for charlatans and there will be the shit tier engineers who fawn over types like this... and then the cycle will begin all over again.
>>
>>61654294
Nah, engineers are the "normies" of technical colleges. Not denying there aren't, but relative..
>>
>>61654371
A bachelors degree in physics isn't that serious.
Most engineering disciplines require a couple of courses shy of a physics degree in both math and primary physics. Even still, I know a number of shit tier/brainlets with such degrees.

I care more about what the top engineers who work at his company have to say than a talking head. Whose the chief engineer of Tesla's power delivery system? Whose are the engineers who designed the motor? Same for Space-X.

I am engineer who values engineering. From an engineering standpoint, my respect lies with the people doing the actual engineering. I also respect the business side that finances and gets money into the operation. But they're two different worlds.

Brainlets are incapable of distinguishing between the two. So, when you mention spaceX or Tesla, all they talk about is Elon as if he's doing the actual engineering work.

These are the types of people that inspire me whom i'd want to talk to.. Not fuckn elon :
http://www.fudzilla.com/news/43809-keller-is-building-self-driving-tesla
>>
>>61654403
What separated the brainlet engineers from the actual ones?
>>
>>61654242
And here I am deciding not to listen to the person who can't even build a sentence. Marvelous.
>>
>>61653968
Taking into account that the current generation of the neo-/g/ is unable to use Gentoo, all it cares is the prices on iPhones and Macbooks, writes hello-world in C and Haskell instead of doing the real maths. I feel absolutely OK, because this type of retards is absolutely useless in the tech industry.
>>
Retards: Steve Jobs changed the world!

Not-Retards: Steve Wozniak changed the world.
>>
>>61654359
There are definitely plenty of Chad engineers out there. I think 4chan has a really skewed view of the real world, I've know some guys at both Caltech/JPL and SpaceX that are absolutely Chads. It's a mistake to think that because someone is extremely smart and academically accomplished they can't also be athletic, sociable, and attractive.

>>61654470
I agree that very often the engineers down in the trenches get way too little credit, but I think it's also important to acknowledge how difficult it is to organize a large organization even if you're just a figurehead. If you happen to put a bunch of your personal capital on the line, that's worth some admiration as well.
>>
File: IMG_5999.jpg (183KB, 2048x1281px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5999.jpg
183KB, 2048x1281px
>>61654636
How the hell am I gonna compete with engineering Chad

The more I try to cope the worse it gets
>>
>>61654473
> Brainlet engineers :
The brainlet engineers didn't have a breadth or depth of understanding.
They aren't passionate about what they do.
They don't have visions or ideas of their own which is why they latch on to idols who do.
They don't perform nearly as well. They seek the management track moreso than the technical track due to their shortcomings.
They typically are the ones who compensate for their lack of understanding with professional dress and fluffing so as to climb the corporate ladder.
Given their lack of understanding of the technical bits, they're typically the reason why tech jobs are such shit for engineers.

> Actual engineers
Breadth and depth of understanding.
Passionate and keep up-to-date with engineering/science related happenings.
Constantly refine their skills in and out of work.
Have great and valuable ideas.
Don't praise talking heads or engage in idolatry because they have cultivated equal or many times more value in themselves.
Perform excellent and will rise to the occasion without babysitting.
Seek the technical track but many times serve as excellent managers who engineers look up to, respect, and stay with the company as a result of.
Don't have to compensate as they have true value that is easily perceived by non-brainlets.
Engineers love working for these types and respect them

All together, actual engineers result in better performance, better leadership, better value and result in less attrition. If you're not a brainlet yourself, you can spot them right out. Why are a lot of tech companies filled with shit management and brainlet engineers? Because once you get a few in there, they overflow your company with like minded brainlets.. One because they can only relate to them and don't respect things of value. Two because they feel threatened by someone who actually knows what they're doing.
>>
>>61654066
>>61654012
It cant be that bad. By the way what am I in for a in EE?
>>
>>61654569
nothing special in soldering a commercial CPU into a board and connecting it to a monitor and keyboard
>>
File: x.jpg (34KB, 625x415px) Image search: [Google]
x.jpg
34KB, 625x415px
>>61653968
>>
File: 1499640239273.jpg (457KB, 2172x3862px) Image search: [Google]
1499640239273.jpg
457KB, 2172x3862px
>>61653968
>he thinks normies can think like ingenieurs
>musk is normie
>>
>>61654656
One of the biggest Chads I knew when I worked at Caltech was 6'5", a swimmer who was offered multiple D1 athletic scholarships out of HS, played a few instruments, spoke 4 languages, was very attractive and good with women, and was double majoring in Math/Physics. He was also an extremely nice person and is currently working at RenTec.

Don't feel too bad about yourself though. I'm a brainlet and a manlet and I work with a bunch of Chads at SpaceX.
>>
>>61654636
They're worth admiration but for different reasons. I am not the type to mix the two or be dumb enough to think some figurehead encompasses them all.

You can't have it all ... There are only 24 hours in a day. Social constructs are mainly superficial and thus don't strike me as things to value anyway.

The skew in society is in not valuing the people who do the actual work and instead valuing the appearance chad. This is because most people are brainlets who don't understand what actual work is or what it takes to get it done. Thus, the more accessible chad who makes the complexities easy to digest wins them over. Everyone is capable of brainlet speak. You have to know the simple stuff to accomplish the complex. The point is to elevate the level of discourse not make brainlets feel comfortable in simplicity.

The social fallout we see is that every brainlet seems to think they're Einsten because they watched a Vsauce video or that Elon Musk knows chip architecture and is designing power circuits. This is a broad based mistake of the western world. The east at least can distinguish between the two and has a higher value on the engineering/science. The propaganda west is primarily stuck on figureheads which does nothing but erode the social plateau.

I could give fuck all about how athletic, socialable, attractive you are from an engineering perspective. If chad is as good an engineer as a non-athletic, non-social-able, non-attractive SME... So be it but that's rare.

There are plenty of chad engineers... and they tend to be the brainlets who write glue code. It all comes down to what you value the most... Your work and your knowledge or appearance. If you are a split between both than you're a (split) between both. You're not equivalent to the whole someone else dedicates themself to.
>>
>>61654697
Normies succeed at STEM. 90% of the spergs and basement dwellers drop out in freshman year.
>>
>>61654667
Hard times. You'll find out desu. You'll survive and know that's what you want to do or you'll get weeded out. You can struggle all the way to senior year and make it out but you wont be happy with yourself if its not what you really want to do. EE is very abstract. I tend to suggest CE with a mix of C.S for mobility. Unless you're getting into serious EE work after, I'd evaluate that choice.

Everything is moving towards software.. even EE.
>>
>>61654747
While I agree overall I think you're vastly under appreciating how much smarter and more talented some people just are. Again, I'm a brainlet, but I've had the good fortune of being around some very bright people and I was blown away by how some of the smartest people where also some of the most well rounded. Prior to working at Caltech I had this notion that the geniuses would all be Perelman style autists, and while some fit that description, there were plenty who were multitalented, well rounded, cared about having a social life, and yet still achieved more academically/professionally than most of the stereotypically nerdy students.
>>
>>61653968
I still don't understand why people like him.
He's literally Al Gore with a Car Dealership
>>
>>61653968
Isnt he just an investor? Didnt he created paypal?
>>
>>61654838
A different payment provider and early PayPal acqui-hired him or sth like that
>>
>>61654012
Im on my second semester for CC and I found some really well paid internships but they ask you to have 2 years experience in some php platforms. I ask why the fuck is this a internship if I alreadly havr to know the job in advance.
>>
>>61654815
Are you sure they didnt just beat the shit out of the nerds and steal their work
>>
>>61654815
The most talented people I met were basically all nerds, but of course the persons good with people usually "achieved" a higher rank professionally.

Honestly, if you want to be CEO or head of department or whatever, you're usually best qualified as the workaholic paperwork wrangling version of a kindergarten teacher, not as an expert in a technical field.
>>
>>61654267
programming/software dev is way too boring for a normie to succeed at it. you need to have some level of interest in it like as a hobby and not just as a job.
>>
>>61654872
Based on their current employment, yes, I'm quite certain this isn't what happened.

>>61654881
We've obviously had much different experiences but I'm curious, where did you meet these people and how do you evaluate their talent/achievements?

Again, in my case this was at Caltech, not exactly a place know for admitting brainlets, and I know one Chad tier math/physics guy that's currently heading a group at Rentec, also not a place known for hiring brainlets, and another math Chad who's now an assistant professor at a top 5-10 math department. These guys were legitimately among the handful of most talented math students while at Caltech.

From my experience people like to play up the nerdy genius angle, it makes themselves feel better thinking that all smart people must be socially awkward nerds too. Again, while lots of smart people do fit this stereotype, there are people who really are at the very top echelon of their field and yet are extremely well rounded and talented in multiple areas.
>>
>>61653968
Reality will hit them in the face and they will realize that STEM is not for everybody. Even if they do make it out of college nobody will hire them or get fired within the first 6 months because of incompetence

What this guy said >>61654012
>>
>>61654988
>STEM has literal 7 foot Chads who decided to descend from their constant fucking and partying on Mt Olympus to use their minds and help figure out the inner workings of the universe

>the whole nerdy Einstien image was just a cope the whole time

Right
Ill just become a Pharmacist like my dad told me
>>
>>61653968
>going into engineering
It is not the people going into engineering degrees that matter.

It is the people who are completing their degrees.
>>
>>61654026
No shit?
>>
File: 1497932281413.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1497932281413.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>61654815
You're missing the point. Well rounded != chad.
Yes, extremely intelligently people are able to grasp a wide range of topics.
That does not equate them to chads or normies.

To be smart and talented requires work.. Especially in tech.
Were not talking about basketball here (some innate talent). Were talking about intellect, practice, experience, and time (you have to keep up with tech and spend time doing so).

> I'm a brainlet
Thus, in your brainlet world, you look up to smart people who make the material accessible to you. Not extremely intelligent people beyond you. You're confirming what I just stated and what I see by and large in observation w.r.t to brainlets worshiping mildly intelligent well-rounded people and behaving as if they're Gods (aka Elon).

> multi-talented
> Well rounded
Breadth and depth of understanding and intelligence

> cared about having a social life
Social life isn't complicated. It's primarily superficial and doesn't require a lot of intellect thus can be easily navigated by an intelligent person who (cares) to navigate it. An highly intelligent person looks at risk/reward/pros/cons. There isn't much to (social life) w.r.t to high valuation unless you're among peers.

>achieved more academically
Academics at the higher echelons is bullshit, politics, and bureaucracy. I don't expect a brainlet to distinguish between raw intelligence and raw research contribution vs. the political shit show celebrities that brainlets often only know.

>achieved more professionally
Same applies here.

> than most of the stereotypically nerdy students.
The highly intelligent people who actually do the fundamental R&D and produce the ground breaking products who are beyond your intellectual reach and grasp

Thus, you champion and have a skew towards mildly intelligent (successful) people who are the figureheads.. aka elon musk.

An era that is coming to a close...

Thanks for demonstrating exactly what I stated here :
>>61654747
>>
>>61654359
Yeah I have an engineering mate who basically hasn't slept at home in a year, he's the silent killer
>>
>>61654872
No, they just write their names on their papers and represent their work to brainlets.

>>61654881
>>61654927
These anons get it.
Proofed by logic and observation and a truthful reflection on social norms

>>61654833
Brainlets need a figurehead borg to attach to. Intelligent people tell such attachments to fuck off and use their own brain.. Thus why they latch on to these accessible figureheads.

>>61654870
Dumbass brainlets in HR who know fuck all about tech doing tech hiring protocols
>>
>>61654988
I work in the valley where most people are alum from high ranking Universities. Your observations are in completed contradiction with what I experience at my company and among most tech companies that I have friends/alumn. connections at.

You keep talking about Caltech... Are you still in school? The higher echelons of academics is full of bullshit, politics, bureaucracy, etc. Wtf is Rentec btw? I'm talking Oracle, Microsoft, Google, Intel, AMD, Facebook, Vmware, Linux Kernel Developers, Amazon, EE/CE .. Bio R&D labs, etc etc

I have no clue what you're talking about. Most people are dedicated and passionate about their work. The social climate in the valley shows that.. People are intelligent, respectful, mild mannered. Socializing isn't a task because people aren't stupid. People are social-able because they are socializing with intellectual peers. The conversations center on tech. The first or second question is which tech firm you work at. Your significant other is likely in tech. People are healthy and work out because they are intelligent enough to know the benefits of a healthy body.

Where are you getting this socially awkward meme from? The minority of people fit this meme. You're a brainlet whose still in academia. The awkward nerd meme died years ago. That being said, the people who know their shit are passionate about it and spend a lot of time on their understanding in/out of work. Chads are around they're brainlets.

> highly intelligent among highly intelligent peers.. Passionate about work .. Dedicated in/out of work.. Social among like minded peers. Partner is similar.

> Brainlet chads (code monkey/glue coder)... Collects a paycheck and fucks around like other normies.. Possible climbs up management ladder and makes good scratch.. Spokesperson/figurehead w/ corporate success title
The kind of idiots you seem to worship
>>
>>61654870
>I ask why the fuck is this a internship if I alreadly havr to know the job in advance.
You have a lot to learn anon.
>>
>>61654359
>But certainly there are Chad engineers out there too, right?
A whole hell of a lot more than many people would lead you to believe. In fact, aside from the Pajets, I would say my Mechanical Engineering graduating class this year had more of what people here would consider the typical Chad type rather than the typical nerd type, basically myself, that most people think of when they think of an engineer.
>>
File: 1498406400014.png (34KB, 1092x426px) Image search: [Google]
1498406400014.png
34KB, 1092x426px
>>61653968
Don't worry
They will fail the first few exams in first semester
>>
>/sci/ makes fun of engineers because they are "dumb"
>/sci/ and /g/ both admit that engineering is hard and will weed out the brainlets in Calc 2 and Engineering classes
All these mixed signals.
>>
>>61653968
More money for colleges when they go for a year, can't handle it, and switch majors
>>
>>61656785
For NEETS the Chad type is anyone who isn't fat and with bad hygeine and can hold a conversation with a member of the opposite sex. For normal people the Chad type is like a young Brad Pitt.
>>
>>61654769
This right here nibba
>>
>>61657019
Yep. What "Chad" is depends on who's talking. On /r9k/, Chad is basically anybody who can flirt with a woman or has ever had sex. For me, Chad is a confident dude who is banging a new girl every few days when he wants to and never had to go through any period of learning how to be good with women, but just "got it" pretty much right away.
>>
>>61656982
Calc 2 is actually quite easy, I'm still confusing a lot in the probability theory and mathematical statistics, need a time to get used to it.
>>
>>61656982

>American education
Most of calc 2 is covered at Highschool in europe, then more rigorously in the first semester of uni. Anyone claiming it to be difficult is an idiot.
>>
>>61657297
Well this is what happens when your nation is 56% white and is controlled by humanities majors who think barebones algebra isn't needed for everyday life but learning how to write a resource paper is.
>>
>>61654012
so many people in my engineering program say this when I ask them why they're doing engineering... They straight up tell me they hate the classes but it's "where the money is".

No. Engineering is not where the money is. Do economics, business or law and you'll make a lot more with less effort.
>>
>>61653968
I don't care at all
>>
Most of them will get filtered through exams.

Remember the average IQ is 100.

To get a degree @ hard engineering/science major, you need atleast be more intelligent than the average.

They can all try, but almost all of them will fail eventually.
>>
>>61654771
>Everything is moving towards software.. even EE

not really. IC design is not that hot but still has its strength, for example nvidia use gpu to compute autopilot data for tesla. google build their own tpu chip for machine learning, and may design their own mobile soc chip.
>>
>>61654569
Elon is a Woz that learned that you need to be more like Jobs to actually change the world.
>>
>>61654833
Cultish environmentalists and space geeks were looking for someone with a lot of influence who "gets it" that would bring their dreams to life for literally decades, and Elon is the only person who actually appears to be delivering.
>>
>>61656982
/sci/ is mostly just talking about Computer ""'Science""" and Software """Engineering""" which are both pathetically easy and plenty of objectively retarded normies graduate from both. Leah Culver has a Computer """Science""" degree from a respected school for fucks sake and she rounds numbers by converting them to strings and analyzing the string.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.