[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Learning Code

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1494796549582.png (229KB, 556x600px) Image search: [Google]
1494796549582.png
229KB, 556x600px
Hello /g/
I am looking into learning code due to that every entry level job I apply for wants 3-5 years exp in a code that my university doesn't think to teach us. I was looking at either Treehouse or Codeacademy to take some online lessons. Which one is best or is there a better website/source I can use?
>>
>>61647981
That won't help you. Having years of experience in X language means ya need to have a job or something that backs it up. Ya may wanna take a lower position or take classes for more languages. It's stupid, but learning it on your own won't make them care more. Ya need to get your foot in the door and then show your merit. Because people really want that piece of paper saying you did it.
>>
>>61648018
Well, what if I just wanna learn for shits and giggles?
>>
>>61648064
Then the ones you mentioned are fine. Just don't expect learning there to translate into any job giving a fuck without a job or degree backing up said experience. I know it's stupid, but that's the way it is.
>>
>>61647981
That comic actually isn't an issue of people expecting too much for low entry. It's essentially abuse of the H1B Visa program. They can only apply for those visa applicants after they prove they tried to hire locally. So they say I need somebody with some ridiculous skill level for a low amount of pay. When they never find it they look in India with much lower requirements.
>>
>>61648083
No I figured. I have an MBA and a degree in Engineering and all I was ever taught was Excel. I just wanna be ready for the chance to better myself from whatever job I can eventually land.
>>
>>61647981
This old meme. I had maybe a year of actual work experience and I had companies throwing offers at me whenever I started looking. If you are getting turned down for a job it's because you are fucking garbage, and the only solution is to get good.
>>
>>61648018
>>61648083
Companies don't give a shit about your degree unless they are public sector jobs with hiring requirements dictated by antiquated rules. Companies put that shit in the job postings because they want to weed out people who don't have the confidence/skill to hack it.
>>
File: 1494862702658.jpg (40KB, 550x512px) Image search: [Google]
1494862702658.jpg
40KB, 550x512px
>>61648218
>"If you are getting turned down for a job it's because you are fucking garbage, and the only solution is to get good."

Troll, if walked 2 moons in my moccasins, you would see the hell I go through everyday, being an educated & good person dealing with my mentally weak and hedonistic fellow millennials. Also I want to "get good" by teaching myself something new.
>>
set a goal, use a search engine, build it.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.