[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has any other person ruined the Internet as much as this asshole

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: brendaneich2.png (500KB, 939x524px) Image search: [Google]
brendaneich2.png
500KB, 939x524px
Has any other person ruined the Internet as much as this asshole did when he invented Javascript ?
>>
>>61647752
stop blaming js for the incompetence of 99% of webdevs who create shitty sites overloaded with unncessary js for stupid pseudo-features

you don't see me blaming c for the abhorrent software quality of all the software written with it either
>>
But JS is good
What was bad is the way things went full retard on client side
you can blame w3c I guess
>>
Just migrate to gopher. Gopher is nice.
>>
We should never have let websites get so much freedom with their design. There could have been some spiced up markdown-like formatting system for page layout, and then OPTIONAL stylesheets to give it uniqueness, but instead we have the shit we have today. JavaScript should have been a scripting language, and nothing more.

t. guy who's salty about the failure of cli browsers
>>
>>61647752
>create something great
>batshit insane liberals take it and ruin the world with it
This is why we can't have nice things
>>
>>61647854
pol please leave
>>
>>61647771
welcome to /g/ - Consumerism

Where everything is blamed on technology and not human incompetence.
>>
>>61647873
*muritard /pol/er please leave
ftfy
>>
JS was meant for one liners inside HTML attributes.. not his problem people rewrote all crap in it
>>
>>61647854
>javascript
>everything is a global variable
>javascript objects are a retarded joke
>fucking retarded type system
>'this' never means what you think it should
>was originally designed to change the color of text when you click on a button or some shit now its the foundation of all front-end programming
>great
>>
>>61647910
not true anymore, only idiots still use var instead of const and let which are scoped normally
what's wrong with them?
explain?
>'this' never means what you think it should
rtfm or don't use it, there are almost no situations where you have no choice but to use it, constructors are the only case I can think of and the meaning of this in a constructor is crystal-clear
>was originally designed to change the color of text when you click on a button or some shit now its the foundation of all front-end programming
>it's the language's fault incompetent idiots use it wrong
>>
File: achewood-comic-sans.gif (43KB, 600x415px) Image search: [Google]
achewood-comic-sans.gif
43KB, 600x415px
>>
>>61647910
wrong
theyre pretty good actually. better than traditional 'objects'
it's pretty interesting too.
It's nice how something this humble ended up so great.
>great
Not just great, IMO one of my favorite interpreted/jit languages.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.