[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some essential Sublime plugins?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 1485631145751.jpg (3MB, 3280x4604px) Image search: [Google]
1485631145751.jpg
3MB, 3280x4604px
What are some essential Sublime plugins?
>>
>>61643634

Is there one that replaces it with VSC?
>>
>>61643634
The one that notifies you when Linus posts new AMD benchmarks, of course!

This is now a THREADRIPPER thread!!!
>>
i want tay to plugin on my dick
>>
VSCode
>>
>>61643698
>>61643644
Is vscode really that good?
>>
>>61643899
>Is vscode really that good?
no, it's shit.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/03/23/cursor_devours_cpu_cycles_ms_code_editor/
>>
>>61643634
I'd uninstall and grab vim, desu
>>
>>61643634
Compare Side by Side
&
Plugin Control
>>
>>61643634
The best plugin is one that lets you uninstall sublime and use vim.
>>
>>61643634
SublimeREPL
>>
>>61643634
emacs
>>
File: swift heil.png (635KB, 604x528px) Image search: [Google]
swift heil.png
635KB, 604x528px
>>61643962
wasn't vim some kind of taboo around here
>>
>>61643634
Any plugin that automatically uninstalls sublime and replaces it with something that isn't shit.
>>
>>61643634
Vintageous
Language plugins
Maybe a theme if yours isn't included

That's pretty much it, it's almost entirely complete as is.
>>
>>61643698
Vscode is great. don't believe those envious people.
>>
>>61643899

I like it - feels much faster/more responsive than its rivals, and its plugin ecosystem is pretty healthy at this point.

I really want to like Atom but it just feels really sluggish and shit. I gave it a free pass because Electron is a bit of a memory hog, but since VSC came about I don't feel like there's much of an excuse anymore.

I still use Atom for some stuff, but I keep getting drawn back to VSC. It's just so darn *nice*.
>>
>>61644010
when? who told you this?
>>
I use sublime because I don't want to spend time tweaking my editor for it to look decent or learning how to use it, and I'd like something fairly fast and responsive.
Should I try out vscode or something else, or is sublime good enough?
>>
>>61647472
>spend time tweaking my editor
You literally just need about 2-4 lines in your .vimrc for it to look as good as Sublime.

>learning how to use it
There's a tutorial called vimtutor, which you can call upon by typing its name on your terminal, that takes about 20-30 min and teaches you everything you need to know to be faster with Vim than with any other editor (dunno much about Emacs, but I guess they're both as fast single file wise, the word is that Emacs is better when working with (and switching between) lots of files). After that, everything you learn about Vim (plugins or config) is a plus.

>fairly fast and responsive
Do you want something faster and more responsive than a terminal editor? Vim let's you edit stuff and, almost literally, the speed of thought.

The "Vim is hard" thing is a complete myth. With about 1 week of using it I've already noticed that I'm doing stuff much faster and much more efficient than before.

Vim is really, REALLY powerful and simple, no wonder it is more than a decade old and still one of the most used editors for coding.
>>
>>61644010
Good morning, grampa. It was so five years ago, now g is weebshit normis board.
>>
File: 1498423130216.jpg (555KB, 2033x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1498423130216.jpg
555KB, 2033x3000px
Curlytop Taytay is best Taytay
>>
>>61646472
>Atom...really sluggish and shit
This is my exact problem. Switching to VSCode for this week to just to try it. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.