[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a software that allows you to recover deleted files

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: fuck.jpg (11KB, 339x351px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
11KB, 339x351px
Is there a software that allows you to recover deleted files with specific extensions?
I just lost 200 gb of compressed .bin files that were supposed to be backups of my old hard drive and every software I use doesn't detect that extension.
>>
>>61642985
you cant recover bin files because there's no way to detect them, they have no header like a jpeg for example with a clear begining and end. I could be wrong though
>>
>>61642985
your cp is gone for good
>>
>>61643131
Don't joke about that anon, it can happen to all of us.
>>
>>61642985
>>61643121
you should be able to recover data from within that backup assuming its uncompressed and just the raw binary of the drive you backed up
>>
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17119/windows-7-recover-lost-deleted-files
>>
>>61642985
Try Recuva
>>
testdisk/photorec
>>
photorec
>>
First do a full image copy of the disk. You can use Win32 disk imager if you're on Windows. Store the image across a few locations and have a copy for data restoration attempts. Try out testdisk, it may recover missing or corrupted partitions.
>>
>>61642985
File extensions are part of a file name, they do not really mean anything besides helping you and programs understand what the files contain without actually looking at the contents.
When files are deleted from the file system, their metadata such as file names and where they are located on the disk are typically removed, while the data is kept.
"Bin" commonly means it's a special binary file. All files on your computer are technically binary, so it doesn't really tell you or us what the files contained, except that it's safe to assume it's not plain text.
What program created these files? If they were disk images you may be able to find them by searching your disk for a MBR. However if you are using NTFS, the first part of the file would then most likely have already been overwritten, as it could be the first free space on your disk. If this is not your OS partition things may seem brighter, though.
Regardless, the first step will be to figure out what kind of files they were. "Bin" doesn't really mean anything significant in this context.
>>
>>61642985
recovery programs don't work by extensions, they work with file types, by detecting patterns in those file types (headers and magic numbers)
you need something that can detect the compressed file format used
>>
>>61642985
Open up your drive in hex and recover manually, you should be able to tell where once backup begins and other ends
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.