[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/vrg/ - Virtual Reality General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: 1499680790921.jpg (292KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1499680790921.jpg
292KB, 2048x1152px
True™ shills don't take Sundays off. All text is a WIP.

>Current state of hardware/software, and in the near future
https://pastebin.com/1PqZfhAW

>Setup guides, tips, resources
https://pastebin.com/3D60jpFb

>Recommended games and applications (includes NSFW)
https://pastebin.com/KgBr4kCh

>Last thread
>>61623277
>>
>>61640479
Anyone reckon this deal will still be here at the end of August?
I blew my wages on ladbrokes like a faggot.
>>
>>61640903
The sale ends approximately by around August 21.
>>
So I'm thinking about revising the buying guide since now it seems like the general opinion has changed on what we recommend newcomers to buy. I think I'll wait a few more threads before doing it just to see some more discussion about this. Generally seems to be that right now the Vive isn't a good idea, where either one should wait for LG, gen 2, or if one wants VR now, to just get the Rift.
>>
So finally got all my shit together and got VR running yesterday. I have the Rift, touch controllers, 2 sensors, and a saitek x52 for space trucking. Been having a blast with it so far, the setup process is a pain in the ass....defining the play zone and reposition the sensors took about a dozen attempts but it all works now. Have played Elite, everspace (terrible performance in this, need to wait for updates maybe) dabbled with quill and i even tried minecraft for about 10 minutes though i literally fell over when i tried to move and my brain didnt understand what was happening. Anyway, everything is working fine, performance, other than everspace, is good enough on my hardware (skylake 6600, 8gb, 390) and overall im quite happy. there is one small niggle though. In windows im sporadically hearing the dududing of hardware being removed, nothing popping up to tell me what and everything still works, theres no order to it, its just now and then and it dosnt happen if im actually in a game...anybody had this issue and know of a solution?
>>
>>61640479
>need to put a huge discount on their facebook machines to sell their garpage
Facebook yes
>>
>>61642391
Im having a blast with mine mate, really am impressed...I dont even think id be dissapointed if i had spent the full price on it. As for it being a facebook machine...well...i dont have a facebook account so i cant really comment on it, its great for Elite and when I get a wheel next week ill be trying out some racing games too.
>>
>>61640479
>get spied on by Facebook for just four hundred nuggies!

Vive is better in every way too
>>
>>61642391
Actually it's the original price, they knew a certain number, myself included, would pay more so they were milking it to try to recoup the 2 billion they bought it for
>>
>>61640479
>bought Rift from the Oculus website
>hasnt shipped yet
>Also want vive
>local gamestop has Vives in stock
I'm so torn between the two.
>>
>>61643039
send oculus a support ticket asking when you can expect delivery, be polite about it as opposed to the angry consumer, my order updated to shipped and i got a response from them 2 hours after i sent the ticket.
>>
>>61643133
I did, they gave me a "we are working to expidite" yada yada yada canned response.
>>
Found an interesting bit of speculation recently.
https://www.aboveavalon.com/notes/2017/7/27/apple-glasses-are-inevitable
>>
>>61643332
Google glasses with a fancy case?
>>
I'm really wanting to get the vive right now, have a decently sized room to play and it seems that the general consensus around here is that vive is the better device to buy, is it worth the extra money?
>>
>>61641123
>Sale ends on a solar eclipse
What did Zuck mean by this
>>
>>61643792
no
>>
>>61640479
idc about gaming, i just want a headset that gives me lots of virtual monitors because i'm too poor to afford real ones, are there headsets for that?
>>
For some reason I didn't make this connection while watching people play, or reading about it, but...

Robo Recall is the next evolution of light gun games. It's amazing.
>>
>>61643845
The day the Rift becomes self aware manipulating the users into killing machines.

They don't give you all that gun training for nothing.
>>
>>61643998
Nope. No headset is currently high res enough for good text reading. You'll want to wait for gen 2.
>>
>>61644021
I do compare some VR games to Time Crisis occasionally.
>>
>>61644113
That's exactly what I thought when I was playing Robo Recall. This is what I wanted Time Crisis to be.
>>
>>61644140
I'm not sure it's exactly the same kind of thing though. Arktika.1 is a bit closer and it seems like they might add in stick movement or something which would make it even better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3ob8Xz6v3A
>>
>>61644196
And what I mean by "closer" is that Arktika.1 you have cover points in the environment you're encouraged to duck, lean, and shoot out of like you can in Time Crysis. Robo Recall doesn't really make you do this.
>>
>>61643585
And more advanced technology and better marketing.
>>
Looks like the Alien: Isolation VR mod is finally out but it's in alpha. Impressions are pretty positive.
>>
>>61643792
Personally I like the vive controllers a bit more currently, the upgrades are nice(FUCK YEAH TPCAST) and having better room scale out of the box is nice

The space requirements for less real play space +needing to buy extra sensors for rift room scale was stupid... Plus its confirmed Facebook records voice and body movements at all times
>>
>>61640479
>$399
Will I regret buying a PSVR if I skip this deal?
I just don't have the space to use semi room VR let alone full room, so the Rift won't be as attractive.
>>
>>61645599
>psvr

good meme. unless i'm wrong, isn't psvr only for gayming? I enjoy the comfy environments with steamvr, the productivity applications like whiteboard and bigscreen for meetings, and general usefulness of PC vr
>>
>>61645661
Not him but desu VR isn't actually that great if you don't have a special use for it like meetings. It's currently shit for using virtual monitors because of the resolution.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.