[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>20 years ago DVDs are first put on the market >now owning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: hqdefault.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>20 years ago DVDs are first put on the market
>now owning copies physical OR digital of media is obsolete because of streaming

What are your guesses for how technology will change 20 years from now? Will we have cybernetic implants with HUDs? Will we be on Mars? What do you think /g/
>>
I think I want to die
>>
File: 54471-7205-75504-1-batgirl.jpg (32KB, 418x640px) Image search: [Google]
54471-7205-75504-1-batgirl.jpg
32KB, 418x640px
>>61637893
>>61637893
The incoming AI Enlightenment will put you right at ease friend.
>>
>>61637869
Technology has peaked.

Stuff will only get less advanced from now on because people care more about looks than technology.
>>
>>61637869
Phones will be just a screen and some processing power, it will be streamed from servers in a subscription model where you pay for the speed you want
>>
>>61637869
>now owning copies physical OR digital of media is obsolete because of streaming
no, it's not
>>
>>61637869
Things will be the same as now just a little bit better. It's getting more expensive to innovate preventing new competition and existing competitors will consolidate and try and stretch profits on existing tech as much as they can. See Intel and every ISP in NA for example.
>>
>>61638229
in recent years I have destroyed hundreds of CDs and DVDs because I have enough space on my hard drives and backup drives and I can stream the rest
I'm not the only one

of course some autists keep physical kopies on CDs or some shit but that's really not necessary at all
it is literally obsolete, if you believe it or not
most people don't even have CD or DVD drives anymore, do you not see this?
>>
I prefer physical analogue copies of the music I consume.
>>
>>61637869
>ow owning copies physical OR digital of media is obsolete because of streaming

Except its not, because in other countries outside the USA, even in Canada, most streaming options are shit, and you are forced to torrent if you want some sort of content that is not even remotely obscure.

DVDs are preferred medium over bluray and will continue to be so, and will remain that way for the foreseeable future or until companies consider areas outside of California let alone outside the USA
>>
Unless we have another world war technology isn't going anywhere
>>
>>61638866
I bet you are Brazilian.
>>
>>61638978
European
>>
File: redneck cash.jpg (123KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
redneck cash.jpg
123KB, 1280x720px
>>61638978
>my point is valid agree with me
>counterpoint
>your part of the world doesn't count

fuck off
>>
I think in 20 years the human race will have wrecked the planet and life will be shit.
>>
>>61637950
>Technology has peaked.
t. everyone for the past 100 years
>>
>>61637869
What is some stuff I should burn on DVD?
>>
>>61637869
I still buy BDs of things I like and rent DVDs/BDs.
I still buy CDs for music. Haven't bought a single song online.

Streaming DRM is a pile of shit, except for UHDBD subverting protection on physical digital media is so much easier and results in much more convenient libraries of media at higher qualities.

Only the full on plebs fall for streaming.
>>
File: 17B8VVI.gif (2MB, 230x287px) Image search: [Google]
17B8VVI.gif
2MB, 230x287px
>>61637893
This desu
>>
>>61639181
Every one else wasn't saying it for cultural/social reasons, they were saying that we literally couldn't get more advanced. The difference in this case is that the neo-luddites care more about muh design than actual technological developments.
>>
>>61638289
>give me money and youll buy this license you can get your crippled music file from me anytime
>goes bankrupt
>files no longer work
>>
>>61639681
Okay, you're retarded
>>
>>61639681
>don't want to be dependent on the internet
>neoludite

I hate what /g/ has become. It's like /v/ but with different type of retards
>>
>>61638866

Pretty much this. Infrastructure needs to be there to support it.

Australian internet is shit, and trying to stream something here is shit
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.