[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When is MVC going to go away?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 5-28.png (196KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
5-28.png
196KB, 500x373px
Seriously, when is every job posting going to stop demanding MVC as the end-all-be-all approach to software? Every program I've seen using it is cookie-cutter garbage and the duhvelopers can't do anything that isn't already done for them. All it does is bring everybody down to the subterranean level of a street-shitting Pajeet and then we wonder why nothing fucking works.
>>
It's a good design pattern for the problem it solves. What's your actual issue with it?
>>
>>61634846
What problem do you think it solves?

All I've seen to it do is bloat the codebase with 10 files per page and then paired with Entity to produce objects that can't have any logic in them. None of the code is ever reused and it's dog slow because there's 10 layers to bloat to get through to actually do something. In web applications you can't even change the color of some text without a postback and recalculation of everything on the page.

What was wrong with WinForms and ASP? Why aren't I allowed to produce simpler, more secure, more customized code anymore?
>>
>>61635096
Honestly, I've only ever used it for my own GUI apps. Just makes sense to keep state separate from what you're actually displaying, and having the logic in one place that mediates between model/view. Sounds like you're pissed off at the enterprise result of MVC.
>>
>they still use MVC
>he actually likes WinForms and ASP

Meanwhile actual software companies are writing lean-mean REST APIs that power slick (and statically served) JavaScript clients.

Most non-software companies have either geriatric fucks or Microdick-sucking cucks for software architects/managers, so you'll always be fighting garbage code and shit technology.
>>
>>61635183
>>he actually likes WinForms and ASP
Because I did more with it than the stock out-of-the-box crap that script kiddies did before they moved on to MVC and JQuery and REST. That's the problem, these hipsters jump to the newest minimum-capability framework and redo their program with half the features/stability and then jump to the next and lose half of the half the remake managed to do. Repeat this ad-infinitum until the application is less useful than Hello World.

One time I worked on a project where the lead got all hot and bothered about master pages. We had to use them for everything (even the error pages - where errors in the master page caused infinite loops) but we couldn't put anything in them (repeat everything everywhere anyway). Then he'd make random changes and break the entire application without telling anybody and blame everybody else.
>>
>>61635386
>geriatric
>>
>>61635403
>hipster
>>
Also i'd kind of like to see what a real software company is like but I don't live in CA or TX so there really aren't any options.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.