[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making Your Own Pair of Earbuds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1482291164736 (2).jpg (172KB, 655x605px) Image search: [Google]
1482291164736 (2).jpg
172KB, 655x605px
I was wondering how hard would it be to build a pair of earbuds yourself. By the looks of it, the design is pretty simple. Just have a long bit of wire attached to a 3.5mm jack and a earbud magnet. Or is there more to it?
>>
>>61632960
Why would you want to? You're not going to save any money, or make anything better than you can buy.
>>
>>61633355
Why not? With some spare wire and parts laying around I would think that something like that would be a fun DIY project of some sort.
>>
Shouldn't be anything more than a driver in an enclosure that goes in your ear. Any idea about materials and methods for doing it?
>>
>>61633884
No clue to be honest. What do you recommend?
>>
>>61633884
Planning to use older pairs of earbuds that I have lying around the house and see what can I make.
>>
>>61632960
Earbud is small guys, like fuckin small.
You'll have a better chance on building a headphone desu
>>
>>61634021
I don't have any ideas for earbuds desu. I'd be more interested to work with headphones since you have more room to work.
I toy around with diy loudspeakers occasionally but I'm barely competent.
>>
>>61634046
It is as simple as soldering them to a wire. If you're reusing wire from old headphones, they'll have some insulation on the wires themselves. You can burn that off with a lighter/soldering iron. The biggest challenge is housing them, and placing the wires in such a way that the solder job doesn't break in a day. If you open up an earbud, you'll often find that there's a knot in the wire that's inside the casing to relieve strain. I've repaired a few broken pairs before.
>>
>>61634252
Any positive results?
>>
File: IMG_20170730_032552833.jpg (3MB, 2592x4608px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170730_032552833.jpg
3MB, 2592x4608px
>>61634307
Yes I've built others' designs on a few occasions taking some liberties in a few places. I really enjoy the cabinet making part of doing loudspeakers. Pic related these aren't finished in a literal sense but sound incredible. Speedster TMM by Paul Carmody.
>>
>>61636025
Ribbon tweeters ! my man !

But this thread is silly you can do it but it's a black art. Speaker design and simulation software is solved. Input the paremetres and make it happen

With iems the volume is magnitudes smaller and nonnlinear effects sneak in - even review sites can't reliably tie measured performance to real world performance / subjective results

Total black art - also when you can get Kz-ate for 10 dollary doos why ?
>>
>>61633859
You said it
>>/diy/
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.