[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can i get a quick rundown on Google Analytics? thinking about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Can i get a quick rundown on Google Analytics? thinking about using it on my website but i don't trust google
>>
>>61630705
don't do it Anon, write your own script if you need some stats
>>
>>61630705
It's good but since you're paranoid just use Piwik.
>>
*blocks your analytics script*

heh... nothin personnel... kiddo...
>>
>>61630763
Why are you saying i shouldn't do it?
>>
>>61631063
Because it's the cancer of the internet
It's a literal botnet nobody likes but everyone has to join because it became a standard, I know several people who work at google ad departments / analytics and even they hate what they do
Go for it tho if you dont care and want an easy fix, you won't be alone
>>
>>61631063
It's fucking google. Who knows the shady shit they do with that info
>>
>>61630705
botnet
>>
>>61631209
>>61631063
Is there a way to track data without being intrusive? Im learning programming and web development on my own so all i can think of right now is doing it all serverside using the request information

Also, i dont understand why it has to load code clientside for the stat tracking, isnt most of the information on the request sent to the server?
>>
I often manually check out who visits my website.
And if you substract yourself and the bots it makes a huge difference on small websites.
But as the traffic grows analytics gets more accurate.
>>
>>61631297
A webpage 'an sich' doesnt send anything to your server, you just get the requests to view the page (which you could log so you know who viewed it.) Then javascript comes it what is executed on the clients computer so it can get pretty crazy stuff from them, what google loves to do. If you add their scripts it would be dumb to send it to them passing your server first as it would just give your server extra traffic for no reason. Tracking data without being intrusive does imo mean not sharing it with a third party so writing the scripts yourself and send the data to your server and store it
>>
>>61630705
try piwik
>>
>>61631297
you could do fun stuff like cursor position heatmap with client side data analysis
>>
>>61631778
I just want to measure how many users are connecting to the website, maybe also track the user agent and country, also the server bandwidth usage, i dont want to bloat the website just to get analytics
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.