[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About hashes & cryptography

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 13238523.jpg (31KB, 365x317px) Image search: [Google]
13238523.jpg
31KB, 365x317px
Hey /g,

I got this Oracle DB with a bunch of data connected to a Java Web Application, and a table with usernames and passwords. Unfortunately the passwords are hashed, I think...

Here's one of the passwords of the column:
bEdmA9WYPO2Pbew0tqFTkeTzrNI=

As far as I know, it seems that Base64 to encode the password, because every single one have "=" or "==" at the end, this usually happens because of the padding mechanism in Base64. However, I couldn't encode this in a proper way (i.e: could not obtain original plain text).

Any help on this?
>>
>>61630543
You are trying to decode, not encode.
Might be using a different character set, do you see any / characters?
>>
>>61630543
just install kali and spam every skiddie tool you can possibly find
probably start with rainbow tables idk
>>
>>61630707
Hmm, I tought of that too, actually I tried >>61630716
Hmm, I'm fairly new with this. Do you think hashcat can do the trick in, let's say, one week?
>>
If you dumped the DB, look at the app and see the pw mechanism
>>
>>61630857
You see, I don't have access to the application code neither the DBMS. I'm actually using a pen test tool to extract some data from the DB.
:|
>>
>>61631125
Skiddy fag
>>
What tool?
>Inb4 sqlmap or havij
>>
>>61631155
How can I be a skiddy fag if I program a whole bunch of pen test tools and know how those algorithms work?
>>
>>61631240
My bad. I assumed you were running a Kali VM in windows like a pussy
>>
>>61631270
No, the default modus operadi is a generic distro linux booted from a flash drive using tor, proxies, from a small cafe with no cameras and few witnesses.
>>
>>61631229
Let's just say sqlmap.
>>
>>61631435
It allows easy scripting with python
>>
>>61630716
This will take a lot of time... I was thinking in figuring out how to decode this password, if only I could tell wich algorithm was used to encode it in the first place. I find hard to believe that this password is encrypted.
>>
>>61631641
I can assure you guys, this doesn't involve the DNC.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.