[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The worst day in my tech life.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

All of what I am about to post will seem like a lie but I can assure you it is not.

>Have h100i v2
>it makes a lot of noise and I fear it will leak
>hear hard drive dying as well
>order a new cpu cooler and new ssd and hdd
>they arrive
This is when the fun starts
>Take gpu out of the pc
>no problems
>unscrew all of the bolts holding the h100i in place
>last bolt falls away and its stuck in place
>try and wiggle it around
Its not happening
>have to pull quite hard
>it release
>I cant see the cpu
>took in horror as I see the cpu stuck to the fucking h100i
part 1
pic coming as well
>>
>>61629801
Retarded frogposter.
>>
File: WIN_20170729_23_41_30_Pro.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170729_23_41_30_Pro.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
>>61629801
part 2
>look at the cpu with all of these bent bins and think about ending it
>instead I decide to unbend the pins
>so I get this thing I bought a while back
see pic related
>I go pin by pin and realign all of the bent ones
>Line up the golden corners
>wont sit right
>push it a little and theres a click and it sits perfectly
>I spend ages cutting myself on the new heatsink and install everything else except the new ssd and hard drive because I want to make sure my pc still works.

part 2
>>
File: WIN_20170729_23_48_36_Pro.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170729_23_48_36_Pro.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
part 3
>I press the power button and it works
>I am so happy I check some boards on 4 chan and everything seems okay
>I then reboot
>it wont post
>the ez debug on my motherboard is saying there is a problem with the gpu
>unplug the gpu and take it out its pcie lane
>theres some thermal paste on it connector I scrape that off even though its a tiny smidge but that does nothing
>okay
>must be something else
>check everything else until I come to the realisation it must be the cpu that is having problems
>I take the cpu out and see thermal paste in the holes the pins go into and on the pins themselves
>I get some toilet paper and clear out the socket and use the end of a flat head to clean the pins
see pic related
>>
>>61629974
How did you get thermal paste in the fucking socket?
>>
File: WIN_20170729_23_40_18_Pro.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170729_23_40_18_Pro.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
part 4
>after spending what felt like hours most of the paste was gone
>I slid the cpu in and cleaned up whatever I could
>I got the cpu cooler on top with a decent amount of paste and put everything else in
>it fucking posted
>I was so happy
>so what do I do
>go into the bios and try to overclock this machine that had just gone through heart surgery
>Apply bios
>screen goes black
>fuckme.jpg
>have to take gpu out to get to the cmos battery
>wait
>it boots
not touching the bios again
fuck water cooling
>>
>>61630004
When I took the cpu out it just went everywhere and the stringy bits just fell on to it. The whole operation was a clusterfuck and it just didnt go right from the start. The fucking h100i was glued on to the chip, it would not loosen so I was forces to yank it off.
>>
So theres some white shit now stuck around the base of the pins but the thing still works so I am happy. just thought I needed to share this epic adventure with you lot.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.