[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone told me that Tixati is better than QB, is it true? Why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: sm_xfers_peerstab.png (251KB, 700x503px) Image search: [Google]
sm_xfers_peerstab.png
251KB, 700x503px
Someone told me that Tixati is better than QB, is it true? Why?
>>
do you care if your GUI programs are using QT? if no, qbittorrent is the best.
>>
>>61628008
It's a meme
>>
>>61627946
It's not. Why would you willingly use proprietary software made by a brony when tried and tested open source alternatives exist? They do the same thing, if not even better.
>>
>>61628008
>if no, qbittorrent is the best.
Except when it decides to segfault when you add a torrent to it and then you have to recheck 2+TB of torrents which are in progress. Also compiling Qt is a pain the ass.
>>
>>61627946
Probably because Tixati is filled to the brim with features, like chatting with peers of a torrent.

But it's proprietary, windows exclusive shit
>>
>>61629253
it's for nix too you cuck
>>
>>61629304
Oh, great. There's the redeeming feature I was looking for
>>
>>61628885
>compiling Qt
Wew, you are such a leet haxxor talking about the problems that every day user faces.
>>
Why can't modern clients show individual piece progress? And I don't mean % but a graphic representation of the parts of a file (not just the whole torrent) being downloaded. I finally changed from 2.2.1 to qb and I'm appalled by the lack of this feature, it's hit and miss when I try opening a file before dl has completed.
>>
>>61629456
Why would you even need that?
>>
>>61629253
>windows exclusive shit
>implying any other OS matters
>>
Tixati is the best torrent client in windows environment.
>>
File: IMG_2947.gif (240KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2947.gif
240KB, 320x320px
>>61629588
But why
>>
Just use transmission, never had any issues with it, the only thing that's good about qb is the search function.
>>
>>61629698
transmission isn't on windows einstein.
>>
>>61629545
Because I like previewing files, especially if they take a long time to download, the only way to know if I'll be able to play them or not before completion is by checking if the header is there
>>
>>61629745
Transmission-QT has been on Windows for years before getting an official port.
>>
Someone told me that drinking piss is better than eating shit, is it true?
>>
Wait so is the lead dev a brony or a furry? Huge difference
>>
>>61627946
no because private trackers don't allow it so it's bad
>>
>>61631073
>no because private trackers don't allow it so it's bad
Why?
>>
>>61631165
i am not qualified to answer this question so another anon should answer it for me
>>
>>61627946
No, it's an unstable and ugly piece of shit. Even bitcomet is better.
>>
>>61630230
Tell qb to download it in sequential order, then you can basically stream the video and watch while downloading
>>
>>61631073
>>61631165
>>61631215

private trackers don't allow it because its TOO GOOD

Yes, it is literally TOO GOOD

It's banned because of the features it has, like spoofing
>>
>>61627946
I like it because it uses the least resources that isn't utorrent, has all the features I need, and it looks like WinMX.

Shame that private trackers have it banned, but I only need to use it for torrents that utorrent 2.0 can't load anyway.
>>
>>61632255
Which is silly because it has spoofing because nothing whitelists it; so the only way it can be used is that. But spoofing is also why they chose to ban it - if it was allowed in the first place, it wouldn't need to have that feature.
>>
>>61627946
qbittorrent > all
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.