[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I dunno why, but 1070's are popping up on ebay for dirt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6

File: 1e2211d.jpg (134KB, 781x753px) Image search: [Google]
1e2211d.jpg
134KB, 781x753px
I dunno why, but 1070's are popping up on ebay for dirt cheap, saw one yesterday for 50 dollars
shit's ridiculous, even this guy just selling the box is getting owned by the prices.
>>
>>61627482
they probably are all used up GPUs for crypto mining. If you buy them they might work for a little time before they just become paperweight.
>>
>>61627495
The sellers are listing them as new, and they all have 100% ebay ratings.
>>
>>61627482
Nice just bought 100k
>>
bullshit you made me check
>>
>>61627538
Well they're all gone now, buy maybe one will pop up again soon.
>>
>>61627607
i found it and was about to order it, his feedback says he always just sells kids puzzles and stuff; I wonder whats going on here
>>
>>61627482
>bullshit you made me check
I just "bought" an evga gtx 1080 for 49.99usd. It "shipped" moments after I "bought" it. If it shows up I'll be shocked. EVGA has a transferable warranty so if it's DOA I will be able to get my money back from paypal and probably something towards a new card from EVGA. win/win
>>
>>61627509
>they all have 100% ebay ratings
And likely those sellers gave each other those ratings.
>>
Yeah, with Defcon going on right now I'm pretty sure that ... let's just say none of it is legit.
>>
Are all these items being shipped from Juneau, Alaska? Finding quite a handful of 1080s as well.

Also saw the Defcon listed in the comments as well.
>>
>>61627707
yeah dude defcon is soo spooky dont even bring electronics within 10 miles of the strip durrr
>>
>>61627482
I bought from a guy whose account has been around since 2012 and who hasn't sold anything since 2014 except 1 item to a user named defconconference. Is this some kind of honeypot? I wonder if they made some other PCI device look like a graphics card for some new age "parking lot drop" attack.
>>
>>61627509
Something is fishy, why would they ever sell a recent GPU for a tenth of what it's actually worth?
>>
>>61627723
Multiple sellers are doing it.

This one seller from California with 127 positive ratings just sold out, she had like 3 1070's and a few AMD cards that were pretty good for dirt cheap also
>>
>>61627727
Dude, I'm -HERE-. It's not that the con is spoopy, or that you have all that much to worry about, but.. I can't say more.
>>
>>61627482
If it's too good to be true, chances are it probably is.
>>
How new are you? These kind of scams have been on ebay forever. Worst case, you get shipped an empty box, best case, you'll find a 5 year old gpu inside.
>>
File: 1335264646442.jpg (47KB, 491x445px) Image search: [Google]
1335264646442.jpg
47KB, 491x445px
>>61627786
>>
>>61627636
>he thinks evga is going to give back his money for a bios-edited bitcoin mining gpu
>>
>>61627830
Ebay has come a long way bro, they have money back guarantees and paypal protection for that sort of thing. And sellers with high ratings tend to really geek out about their "perfect rating".

I've only been scammed on ebay once, I was being dumb, bought from some guy in russia with zero ratings, he immediately deleted his account after I bought, but new sellers don't get the money until after 27 days or you leave them feedback.
>>
>>61627786
ebay just canceled the transaction saying it was a compromised account. Too good to be true.
>>
>>61627926
I said something, like a coupon or someshit not a free GPU.
>>
>>61627934
I bought a nokia n95 on e-bay back in the day. Price seemed too good to be true, but hey said protections were in place. Ebay wouldn't let me get scammed, right? Turns out it was a counterfeit chink phone. Paypal said they wouldn't do shit until I can get a letter from an authorized phone reseller certifying that it's a counterfeit phone. Spent two days getting that fucking letter. Paypal says, ok, send the phone, once we get it, you get your money back. Send the phone. Gets lost in the mail. Paypal says, "Oops, never got the phone...nothing personnel, kid...".

The best protection is not being a retard and using some common sense.
>>
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition, 8GB GDDR5, LED, DX12 OSD for $45.99. Wish me luck haha.
>>
>>61628132
>here is my experience from years ago
>its still totally relavent!

lmao ebay is so far on the side of buyers now that it makes sellers rage
>>
File: 1d2d12.jpg (330KB, 1406x933px) Image search: [Google]
1d2d12.jpg
330KB, 1406x933px
Yeah, this is a scam, probably a hacker indeed.

They're popping up with different seller accounts with perfect feedback, and the description is the same everytime.

If they "ship" right away, it just means you can't cancel the order, you should immediately talk to ebay if you bought one.
>>
>>61628317
I might have believed it coming from one seller
but multiple waves from different sellers is bullshit
>>
>>61628390
>this big corporation really has my back now!

k. At the end of the day, the only person really looking out for you is you. If you wanna trust ebay to protect you from falling for an obvious scam, have at it.
>>
>>61628390
This, I actually stopped selling on eBay because of how easy it is for a buyer to lie through his teeth and fuck you over. They really want to shake the reputation of being a hub for scammers and will basically just throw money at you the moment you file a dispute.
>>
>>61628404
Yeah, ebay cancelled the sale.
>>
>>61627635
Maybe he doesn't know what they re or they are stolen.
>>
>>61627482
ebay cancelled mine, someone is hacking the accounts and having the paypal money route to a different email or some shit.
>>
Chinese hackers stealing people's accounts and making listings. I tried buying a HDD on ebay a few months ago. The account had some positive reviews. After a day ebay sent me a message saying they canceled the order because the account I was buying from was hacked. I looked at their paypal email and it was Chinese. I changed my password immediately.

If it's too good to be true, it probably is.
>>
>>61629866
>I changed my password immediately
ahahahahah oh man you are amusing but still please leave this place and go back to Ieddit
>>
>>61627495
>they probably are all used up GPUs for crypto mining. If you buy them they might work for a little time before they just become paperweight.

I used my 6970 for mining for something like half a year 24/7, and it's still running fine 6 years later.
>>
>>61630665
good for you? why are you posting this, are you autistic?
>>
>>61630694
Just saying that the "mining will burn out a card" thing is a meme.
>>
I can't wait for Trump to nuke China.
>>
>>61630628
Yeah, look at this retard taking precautions just in case.
>>
>>61630718
>just in case some random chinese guy hacked into ebay's and paypal's security, got the password salted hashes and then using quantum computing or some kind of other unknown technology actually got the plain password from the salted hash

ahahahahahah man seriously it's funny how you're defending yourself and pretending to be someone else but really this isn't a board for children
>>
File: Untitled.png (66KB, 2407x444px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
66KB, 2407x444px
>>61630740
What is it with this board and the constant accusations of samefagging? I know it's hard to believe anon, but it's possible that more than one person can think you're a retarded faggot.
>>
File: 1496496564056.png (12KB, 967x113px) Image search: [Google]
1496496564056.png
12KB, 967x113px
>>61630762
>>
>>61627495
>If you buy them they might work for a little time before they just become paperweight.
Except that doesn't and hasn't ever happened...
>>
>>61630796
How old are you?
>>
>>61630812
old enough to tell you to leave and come back once you learn a thing or two about technology, which is what this board is about
>>
>>61630824

Young pup using the word "kid" cause he had his first beer a few years ago, got it. Very popular trend lately. I don't know why you're in such a rush to grow up. Getting old sucks ass.
>>
>>61627635
Building a pc is a kids puzzle
>>
>>61630835
ok man, maybe you should change all your passwords after talking to me right now, "just in case" right?
>>
>>61628132
That's what you deserve for not using a tracked post service you faggot
>>
>>61627482
Probably a scam
>>
>>61630842
Only necessary if we both interact on the same password-protected service. Luckily for me, I don't use grindr.
>>
>>61630880
not sure why you are projecting this much, is it your bedtime already?
>>
>>61627509
Reminds me of those scams from the Amazon marketplace. In Germany it happens at least. Shops with good ratings are hacked and items for the lowest prices are added. Under the article it then says that you should send an email to some address and then they ask you to transfer your money outside of Amazon to a bank account and people actually fall for that. I don't know if you need the second step as a scammer on ebay if everything works over paypal.
>>
>>61630800
Nice buyer's remorse. Don't worry, I'm sure your GPU is going to least a few more months.
>>
>desperate subhuman poorfags ITT fell for this scam
Are poor "people" even human?
>>
>>61630962
It will, it's been going for ~3 years now. HD7870 from the first Bitcoin craze before ASIC's killed GPU mining for a while.
>>
>>61630990
Sure thing, sweetie.
>7870
Oh, nevermind. I see you're a poorfag. I don't talk to subhumans.
>>
>>61630990
dont reply to autists
>>
>>61627495
Who the fuck uses nvidia for crypto mining?
>>
Idiots... its a SCAM.

They are hacked eBay accounts, nothing more, nothing less.

I am a major seller on ebay, we see this every so often.

If you willing buy into that scam, you are putting your money into the hands of criminals. Also, Paypal WILL eventually ban you if you do this enough (buy obvious scams)

They are the ones that get left holding the bag.
>>
>>61632983
How is it obvious?

How the fuck am I supposed to know the seller is hacked? theres no proof, sure you can make a few educated guesses like they were selling puzzles then all of a sudden they're selling tech, but that's still circumstantial.
>>
>>61627635
Sells cheap kids puzzles on new account/s for 100% ratings in preparation for the long con when he floods the market with fake goods.
That'd be my guess.
>>
>>61627482
Probrably a scam or people ditching old mining cards in prepera toon for vega.
>>
>>61627937
Are there any risks to having some shady seller using a compromised account off ebay know your ebay name, paypal email, full name, shipping address, and telephone number?
>>
>>61634095
>are there any risks to giving away your personal information to a criminal

nah, you're good.
>>
>>61634115
>nah, you're good.
Whew. I was worried that it might have been a bad thing.
>>
>>61627636
>implying they're sending anything at all
>>
>>61634019
>Probrably a scam
Most likely farming personal data to steal more ebay/paypal accounts.
>>
>>61630718
Behold, gentlemen! I have found Captain Ignant!
>>
>>61633417
Because only a retard would be posting $450 cards for under $100. People are there to either get rid of old things or make cash. Neither is happening, so it's obvious bullshit.
>>
>>61627482
Ebay is getting very bad for scams like this. I'm not even 100% sure how it works. I got scammed on a damn PS4 game. It was a new seller so Paypal holds the money for like 2 weeks. The money will probably get taken back before it gets released to the scammer.
>>
>>61630694
>anon refutes your entire argument
>"I'm going to call him autistic"

Pot meet kettle.
>>
>there are morons in this thread who actually think you can get a good 'deal' on Graphics cards when large retailers like newegg are sold out/fucke expensive

And what reason would anyone have to do this?
>BUT 100% EBAY RATING!!!!11!!!1

Yeah they're going to better the prices from newegg which purchases in bulk directly from the manufacturer magically.
>>
>>61627966
>void the warranty on your GPU
>EVGA will give me a coupon somehow

Are people actually this retarded? You do know that you have to show proof of purchase to even fucking get a reply from them right?
>proof of purchase
>bought used from Ebay

kek
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.