[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what was the best computer in the 90s?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

what was the best computer in the 90s?
>>
a mac
>>
That grey box.
>>
>>61625703
nice bait

>>61624378
the '90s was when the previously called "IBM PC clones" started being called "PCs" and got to a price point where middle class families could actually get one. The sweet spot in my opinion was in the late '90s when the pentium II was released and win98 came out. Any computer with those 2 things was the shit back then. You could go online, play cool videogames like Quake 3, Age of Empires 2 and Half-Life and the computer would not explode. You could even emulate the nintendo 64 that was completely current at the time. Imagine how cool it would be to emulate the PS4 or xbox one right now in an average PC.
>>
early-mid - plan 9 terminal (w/ network).
late: Mac or ibm pc
>>
>>61624378
>90s computing
>a whopping 300 MHz and 32 mb RAM
>20 kbps dial up
>can't use the phone while you're on the internet

but there were a few nice things
>being able to log off the internet
>unbloated software capable of running on a single core and only a few mb ram
>telemetry virtually non existent
>>
everyone in the UK had an Amiga in the beginning of the 90s, or if they were the sort of person who bought a dreamcast (kek) then maybe an atari 520st or something.

around 95 people in the UK could afford x86 PCs and had pentium ii and then pentium iii and so on.
>>
File: tumblr_m98otyOjNT1ru1dcc.gif (417KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m98otyOjNT1ru1dcc.gif
417KB, 180x180px
>>61625703
>>
>>61624378
Any 233MHz - 300MHz tower. Oldfags dont need any real further specs.
>>
>>61624378
I remember my first CD writer… I was the king back then.
>>
>>61624378

DoD Lisp Machines (still are)
>>
File: grape-imac-dv.jpg (12KB, 368x384px) Image search: [Google]
grape-imac-dv.jpg
12KB, 368x384px
>>
>>61626978
I made so much money selling mix cds to the kids at school.
>>
Never obsolete emachine
>>
>>61627127
Niiiiiice. All drivers worked even up to Win 7
>>
>>61626999
Why is Lisp so uncommon nowadays?
t. Born in '95 in eastern Europe so everybody was just using amigas here in the 90s
>>
>>61624378

Amiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
File: u80_front_1.jpg (111KB, 792x1280px) Image search: [Google]
u80_front_1.jpg
111KB, 792x1280px
>>61624378
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.