[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay /g/, I was wondering about something you might be helpful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: 1494088799924.png (2MB, 1010x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1494088799924.png
2MB, 1010x1008px
Okay /g/, I was wondering about something you might be helpful in this type of situation, currently I'm a pretty decent web developer (Node.JS) and mobile developer, both Android and iOS, I have a well paying job and I live a nice life, but I live in a third world country and things are not so good around here, I've been thinking about traveling to Germany to work and live there permanently, but I'm not sure if my current skill set will be enough for me to travel, I have no computer science background and I Studied agricultural Engineering in college, but I've been working as a developer for a few years now. What do you think I need to learn in order to be able to apply for jobs there? Or will my current skill set be able to find me a job there?
>>
Hey Man, German here.

Stay the hell out, you're shit and and we don't need you!
>>
>>61619496
Why would you want to move to a muslim country, you outta your god damn mind?
>>
>>61619579
Clever, but at least it's better than where I live, I'm actually Egyptian. It's pretty fucking brutal here, man.
>>
File: 1500631569797.jpg (116KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1500631569797.jpg
116KB, 640x480px
>>61619587
>Egyptian
So you made your degree also there?
If so I gotta tell you that this degree would be worth nothing as soon as you enter the EU.
At least for the upper tier countries like Germany, France, Netherlands, Switzerland, nordic countries etc.

If you're having a relative good job/life I wouldn't bother the struggle as you're currently thrown in the pot of refugees anyways..
>>
File: 1477521447310.jpg (127KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
1477521447310.jpg
127KB, 766x960px
>>61619756
Well not particularly, I personally had a few friends who studied and graduated here and went on to work in Germany, a few of them worked jobs unrelated to their degree as well. So that's why I'm wondering about the market needs over there. They have this "make-it-in-germany" program which some people I know have went through and made it there.
>>
>>61619496
You don't leave your shit muslim country, unless you want to end in german concentration camp where you'll be gassed like a subhuman you are.
>>
go to the us they pay better while also needing to hit their quota's
>>
>>61619798
Going to the US is much more difficult than going to Germany, and how's the job market for immigrants there? Do the big tech companies hire foreign people for any serious jobs?
>>
>>61619814
they hire nobody else, they don't want to be racist do they

Immigrating to the us is only only hard if you're from a first world country
>>
>>61619857
Seriously? How hard would it be for me to get a job there?
>>
Stay out of Europe.
>>
>>61619925
Why? Because you're overflowing with refugees? I'm not one. I'll legally get inside, with a job application and a contract, not on a life raft.
>>
>>61619959
you're a mudslime, and you're not welcome here.
>>
>>61619874
probably not hard at all, just have some online portfolio showcasing your skills and start applying
>>
>>61619983
Thanks anon, any advice on the skill set I'm supposed to have if I'm going to be a full-stack web developer and/or mobile developer?
>>
>>61619519
Damn right, europe doesn't need any more damn sand niggers.
>>
4chan is a white man's imageboard, fuck off shitskin.
>>
Ok so I won't do the whole /pol/ approach here.

Your experience might land you a job but as far as I know a lot of places look for schooling. It really depends on if you get the interview. Also knowing the language will be a huge help.
>>
>>61620106
I have absolutely no problem with the language, I speak English pretty well, obviously, and I've been learning German for about seven months now, going to take a big certification test in two months. So hopefully it'll be okay. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>61620121
Most of the guys who are being assholes don't realize that a software developer is someone you want in your country. Good luck my dude.
>>
DON'T GO TO GERMANY.
People there hate foreigners.
Go instead to less refugees populated place
>>
File: 1499195185011.jpg (65KB, 874x451px) Image search: [Google]
1499195185011.jpg
65KB, 874x451px
>>61620145
Thanks so much, anon. :)
>>
>>61620155
Like what?
>>
>>61620164
trash
>>
>no cs background
>agriculture engineering in college

Doing a graduate degree in the country you want to immigrate to is the easiest path. Companies are much more likely to take you on with a western Europe/US diploma, and it's easier to apply for work-based visas. It might be more difficult given that your original field of study is completely different.
Personally, I'd say that the US/Canada would be a better choice given your current situation, mainly because the European market is saturated with Eastern European developers commanding poverty wages.
>>
>>61620164
USA, Canada, Australia, Japan, Switzerland,etc there are a lot of countries that don't have problems with refugees
>>
>>61619496
Please stay away we really aren't in need of any more muslim shits
>>
>>61620198
Well i thought about studying again from scratch but my problem is that I'm already 24. Wouldn't that be too late to start college and then get a job?
>>
>>61620230
Most people enter grad school around ~22. Ageism is only a problem in this industry once you hit your 40s.

In any case, grad school would give you both credentials that companies in the US or Europe would recognize, and people with master's/PhD's get priority for work visas over people with only a bachelors'.
>>
>>61620290
Thanks man, you've been very helpful.
>>
>>61619496
>>61619587
Listen to this guy: >>61620200

But cross USA out, and replace with New Zealand.

Not going to sugar coat the obvious and undeniable truth: 16 years of propaganda means that if you are Muslim or from the ME, you are highly undesirable. Go to a place with a more educated populace.

I have an Egyptian friend living in Japan. Loves the place!

Also: Aren't things stabilising in Egypt? Your life now might be better than what you would outside.
>>
>>61620323

Well not really, things are getting much worse and the value of our current has be freed, so now it's lower than it has ever been before, one us dollars is 18.5 Egyptian pounds, everything is getting worse at an accelerating rate.
>>
>>61620359
Sorry to hear that.

If you can improve your English to native-speaker level, try:

https://www.teachaway.com/teach-english-japan
http://www.reachtoteachrecruiting.com/Teach-English-in-Korea.html

Engineering and programming are great skill to have, but they probably have a few good engineers in Japan and Korea. And Germany too.
>>
>>61619496
Shooped!
>>
>>61620396
Woops. Forget Korea:
https://www.internationalteflacademy.com/faq/bid/103906/What-are-the-basic-requirements-to-teach-English-in-Korea

>To teach English in Korea you must meet the following criteria:
>Citizenship from a recognized English-speaking nation: U.S., U.K., Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa.
>>
>>61620323
Listen to the tripfag, we don't need any more damn sand niggers.
lol, educated sheep shaggers.
>>
>>61619496
in 90% of the world your work speaks better than your degree

dont worry send cv's around you will get an offer obviously
>>
>>61620452
Okay anon, thank you for your advice.
>>
tfw the whole world shits on ameria
tfw the whole world is filled with prejudiced dirtbags that make the trump supporters seem like saints
>>
>>61619496
Apply for an apprenticeship in a smaller Webdesign company.
If they like you they'll keep you, if they don't, you're not good enough.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.