[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck, how do you learn more than two or three programming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2

File: eh.jpg (28KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
eh.jpg
28KB, 384x384px
What the fuck, how do you learn more than two or three programming languages man? Don't you confuse the syntax?
>>
just google function names when you need them
>>
>>61616864
>>61616864
You dont really work with that many languages at once. You program in maybe 1-2 at any given time while knowing the syntax of a handful of others. Then when you switch to another language you can pick it fast just by reviewing because youve used it before.
>>
>>61616886
this is what i do for every language
>>
Yes, I confuse the syntax all the time. Doesn't matter though because I use an IDE which always corrects me.
>>
>php, html, js, css just to do anything on the web
>Pytho for everything else

No matter how hard I try I can never fucking remember php shit. Tempted to move over to python for everything but then I remember how slow it is
>>
>>61616864
the picture you provided is animal abuse performed by the very rajesh-men you claim to hate. why give them exposure?
>>
It's really fucking easy man. Probably something to do with how my brain is wired though.
>>
>>61616886
>>61617305

you two clearly don't have a fuckin' clue about programming
>>
>>61616864
thats a big tiger
>>
>>61616864
most programming languages arent really that different from each other outside of syntax, is it really that big a deal?
>>
C++, Java, PHP - Do I really need anything else?
I do my scripting in bash and cmd/powershell and that's completely unrelated to programming.
>>
>>61618734
neither do you
>>
>>61618742
no, anon. you should say "that's a beautiful tiger and i accept it the way it is"
>>
>>61618815
>>61616864
OP clearly doesnt know jack shit about programming.
>>
>>61618742
for you
>>
>>61618796
>PHP
you do, I don't know how you can stand that shitlang
>>
You don't confuse syntax if you don't remember them and google them evrytime
>>
>>61617391
Lucky you.

Im stuck with a rats nest of PHP, Ruby and adobe bastardising coldfusion in a text editor.
>>
>>61618816
Its fat as fuck though. Thing needs cardio and a diet desu.
>>
>>61616864
learn lisp
>>
>>61619377
check your privilege, shitlord.
>>
>>61616864
Documentation
>>
>>61618742
T H I C C
>>
>>61619377
I'm hoping it's just a pregnant female.
>>
>>61616864
>Don't you confuse the syntax?

Sometimes, I guess?

Very rarely though, and having an editor plugin to let me know when I've made a syntax error helps catch them when they happen.
>>
>>61618796
How is scripting in bash unrelated to programming? Your bash scripts are probably not good if there is no Boolean logic. That said, as soon as you start adding if statements it's probably time to switch to Ruby or Python anyway.
>>
>>61616864
I dislike that everyone making a new language wants to make theirs look different in some way.
To be honest after using a language to do a small project you won't forget the syntax.
>>
>>61620297
This.
I hate the
identifier : type
meme that has sprung up lately.
>>
>>61616864
Human brains are good at this kind of stuff. I thnk that's probably also why people who know multiple human languages generally don't randomly get confused about which language they're speaking in at any given moment.
>>
>>61620336
>>61620297
So do I. Didn't it originate from fucking ActionScript? I also recall UML using it, which makes is double cancer. Just stick to basic C style syntax and go from there.
>>
>>61616864
tiger... easy on the meat
>>
>>61618824
neither do you
>>
>>61616864
I know (and work professionally with) C, Python, Javascript, Haskell and FORTRAN. You don't really confuse anything after a while (except I never fucking remember if its trim or strip).
>>
>>61616864
>how do you learn more than two or three programming languages man

by not being retarded
>>
File: confused.jpg (26KB, 239x268px) Image search: [Google]
confused.jpg
26KB, 239x268px
>>61621767
>work professionally with ... Haskell
>>
What the fuck, how do you learn more than two or three natural languages man? Don't you confuse the syntax?
>>
>>61616864
Most languages are algol clones.
It's all the same if/variable/structure/function/loop shit.
>>
>>61616864
all relevant programming languages use the C syntax anyway
it's only a problem if you're trying to learn something retarded
>>
>>61622461
m-muh lisps
>>
>>61616864

The syntax is the least of your problems.

The main problem is the rules of the language. You don't work with strings in python the way you do with C, you don't work with functions in java the way you do with FORTRAN... Etc

I only remember syntaxis for C and python because I use them the most, but the things I try to retain are the rules.

I usually make trial and error with the compiler/interpreter on duty, depurating all the syntax errors.

If you don't know what you are doing at a computational level, this tactic won't work.
>>
>>61618815
>>61621721
what are you, a baby? i've been programming since i was 10, you dickhead.
>>
it's hard to mix up syntax when all of the languages that are used in the real world are based off of c with minimal extras, especially when you've known c half as long as you've known english.
all other paths lead to forth, and confusing c and forth is like confusing water and mustard.
>>
>>61616864
If you use a proper IDE, the syntax hardly matters.

Hell, for most languages, I don't even know if they use elseif, else if, or else { if }, and why would I need to?
>>
>>61616864
>fat tiger
NOOOO!
>>
>>61616864
Brainlet detected.
>>
>>61616886
Brown skin?
Phone it in.
>>
>>61620399
Mexicans cant go 5 minutes without speaking spanglish in california
>>
>>61621875
We do some weird shit.
>>
>>61619366
I used Ruby and php in an IDE.
>>
>>61623482
Those aren't both Spanish and English native speakers then.
>>
>>61623564
Do you enjoy working with Haskell? Got a interview for a job using F# (functionally), Haskell
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.