[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm in the market for a new Android smartphone. Currently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: android.png (4KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
android.png
4KB, 225x224px
I'm in the market for a new Android smartphone.

Currently running a rooted Galaxy S5
Will not go with Galaxy again, since they're so anti-user as to lock the bootloader.

I want a phone with an unlocked/unlockable bootloader,easy removeable battery and a microSD card slot are essential. What are my options these days?
>>
>>61606877
None
>>
>>61607600

God damnit.
What are my options that meet as many of those requirements as possible?
Unlockable bootloader is absolutely required. MicroSD would be very nice, but I suppose with a lot of internal storage I could compromise on that point. Non-removeable batteries piss me off.
>>
>Removable Battery
>MicroSD Slot
>Unlockable Bootloader

Pick one
>>
>>61606877
you killed the thread with that removable battery

your only choice is a Moto G5, that is not even that much better than your S5
>>
>>61606877
HTC 10
HTC U11

I switched form S5 to HTC10, and I am blown away with it's speed and reliability

All I have to say
>>
>>61607827

You're probably right, but I would argue FUCK THEM for this shitshow of non-removable batteries.
>>
>>61606877
>>61607765
You'll have to choose between the removable battery and SD slot or an unlockable bootloader. Go with the unlockable bootloader. Get a Nexus, Pixel, or OnePlus phone. Nexus 6 is good if you want a giant screen. Pixel XL is a nice phone but it's pretty expensive. I'd recommend a OnePlus 3T because it's reasonably priced, has excellent specs, has Lineage OS support, and the OnePlus 5 is shit. The OP 3T has a 5.5 inch OLED display, USB C, a good camera, a 3000mAh battery, and you can get a new one on Amazon that's 128GB for around $500.
>>
>>61606877
Redmi Note 4
I'm using the 3 and its got all that except a removable battery but the battery is huge so even if it starts dying it will still work well
>>
>>61606877
LG G5 new in box is ~200 on ebay has all your qualifications but make sure you get a tmobile version that you can unlock or is unlocked only tmo has unlocked bootloader
>>
>>61606877
Go with Motorola Moto Z play. No removable battery but very good battery life
SD slot and unlockable bootloader.
>>
>>61606877
All you have to do is to throw twrp in odin, reboot in recovery menu and press flash
>>
>>61608158
This is wrong. Go away, retard.
>>
Moto G4 Play has all 3. Install a custom kernel and it'll have no lag.
>>
>>61608158

Depends on the phone, which is the entire point of my starting this thread.
>>
moto /g/ 5+ has everything you want except the removable battery.

It also has god tier battery life, and is really cheap.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.