[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Electric shavers are technology I've been shaving myself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 13

File: 14699370_Alt02.jpg (10KB, 290x290px) Image search: [Google]
14699370_Alt02.jpg
10KB, 290x290px
Electric shavers are technology

I've been shaving myself with a manual razor all the time. I would like to switch to an electric shaver.

How does /g/ shave their neckbeards?
>>
I enjoy using an open razor, though most of the time I just use a over engineered twenty blade Gillette wonderfuck for eases sake
>>
File: Homer-sourball.jpg (22KB, 475x358px) Image search: [Google]
Homer-sourball.jpg
22KB, 475x358px
I just trim my head, face, pits and balls once a month
>>
>>61606778
>over engineered twenty blade Gillette
yes but as a middle eastener, I'm spending almost 80 $ / year on blades with those, so, I'd like to switch
>>
File: AT890_20-IMS-en_GB.jpg (157KB, 1250x2400px) Image search: [Google]
AT890_20-IMS-en_GB.jpg
157KB, 1250x2400px
This shit leaves stray hairs and rolling skin till its red won't cut it. Are foil shavers any better? Anyone use foam on electrics?
>>
>How does /g/ shave their neckbeards?

Trim it back with hair clippers without guard once a week.
I shave my head with a DE safety razor every 3-4 days.
>>
How close do electric shavers shave? I've just been using a safety razor because I love that baby smooth skin I have
>>
Most of the time I just use the same 5$ electric trimmer that I use on my pubes.
>>
>>61606757
The biggest problem I have is the sheer amount of time it takes for an electric razor to do its thing. I can shave with a disposable razor in an eighth of the time.
>>
>>61606757
>/g/
>shave
>>
>>61606757
>>61606757
>Electric shavers are technology
good luck. my thread was deleted a while ago.

btw
if you don't like to razot it as silk as a babybutt:
i use a cheapass chinese haircutter from ebay
and/or gillette fusion proglide styler

and now waiting for its alternative, the wilkinson quattro titanium precision
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (120KB, 1210x1210px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
120KB, 1210x1210px
Recently bought this, it fucking werks great, can be used on dry skin or under the shower. I only use it for dry shaving tho. Manual shaved before this thing and always had red skin or nasty zits, they gone now.
>>
i got an electric razor and it's just irritating the shit out of my neck. does that go away? i've been using it for like 2 weeks now
>>
>>61607141
Does it take you longer to shave with that, or to shave manual?
>>
>>61606757
Your pic is what I've used for 5 years. My skin is sensitive but my hair is coarse and thick so electric has been good about cleaning up without going full baby smooth (which gives me breakouts and sores). I do have to go over the same areas a few times to get perfect coverage though. I typically go once before showering and do a quick cleanup after.

I also have a regular hair clipper set to do my head and trim down my beard if I grew it out. I use two mirrors to get the back of my head. A nice pair of clippers will pay themselves off in a couple months. I can cut my hair whenever it's convenient and after a year of practice, I get good results consistently. Also I have some stupid safety hair trimmer I use for my nose, nether regions, and for thinning my eyebrows.
>>
>>61607150
>i got an electric razor and it's just irritating the shit out of my neck
it should be the other way round. Electric razors should avoid irritation
>>
The problem with electric razors is they never work as good as a manual razor. They don't get nearly as close.
>>
File: raider scum.jpg (58KB, 494x596px) Image search: [Google]
raider scum.jpg
58KB, 494x596px
What's a good 'newbie' electric shaver? The prices on some of these things are absurd

been using safety razors for the last couple of years, but they can be really annoying to use if you let your facial hair grow more than a few milimeters
>>
>>61607152
Much faster in my case. While shaving manually I had to apply cream, make a water bath, shave/rinse/repeat. Now I turn this thing on, slide it all over my face for 30 seconds and I'm done.
>>
>>61607169
my face and chin are fine, no irritation, it's just the lower part of my neck, idk wtf is going on.
>>
I have this 41mm to 2mm one but it died after 5 shaves
remington sucks dick
>>
>>61606757
>How does /g/ shave their neckbeards?
I keked
>>
>>61607150
What model? Ya going against the grain? Stretching the neck flat before shaving? Can you use some sort of shaving gel with it?
>>
>>61606868
I use both. Rotary is far better on the curves of a face than foil but my foil shaver does better with 3+ day growth when I get lazy.

Gotta go for the best cutting head you can get though, this cunt explains it:
https://www.paupersdime.com/guide-buying-an-electric-razor-shaver-philips-norelco-braun/

>>61606966
my rotary thing gets "close enough" and only takes a minute or two every morning
>>
>>61607185
I'm not sure noobie electric shavers are worth spending money on. Cheap Brauns don't actually shave anything off and cheap Philips shavers may tear your skin.
>>
>>61606757
>Electric shavers

Jew meme. Stick to a nice double edge razor, it will last you for life and give an excellent shave.
>>
>>61606868
these are shitty
they don't make your skin silky smooth at all
>>
>>61607280
But takes a shit ton of time
>>
>>61607280
Using a razor daily takes too much away from my busy schedule of shitposting.

>>61606868
Wouldn't buy a cheap foil shaver but my Braun 720S has been pretty great.
>>
Who /can't grow facial hair/ here?
>>
>>61607280
people use electrics because they need to do it fast in the morning and get on with their day. double edge takes way too much time
>>
>>61607280
also takes a lot of time compared to rubbing the jew meme over ones face
>>
>>61606757
I prefer to use a towel.
>>
>>61607310
do you want to be my gf (male)?
>>
>>61607294
>>61607303
>>61607312
you just gotta stop thinking of shaving as a chore that needs to be done, make it your hobby, an enjoyable experience you will look forward to
>>
>>61607373
or maybe im just autistic in which case keep rubbing the jew meme i guess
>>
>>61607373
that's pretty much the same thing as my mum telling me "if you have fun while cleaning up your room, it's not that bad!", which is wrong. There are certain things in life which need to be done and you simply can't enjoy them. In those cases, the best thing you can do is to get done with them efficiently, hence, using an electric shaver.
>>
>>61607373
i dont know what is with this recent trend of taking shaving this seriously. it's fucking shaving. why the fuck would i want to make this a hobby? i have better things to do than learn how to use a straight razor
>>
I use a cheap hair clipper.
>>
I only need to shave once a week because I have such little facial hair growth. Feels good man; I don't have to fall for the electric razor Jew.
>>
>>61607373
Well gee wiz, look at mr motivation over here

>You just gotta stop thinking of your shitty job as a chore that needs to be done, make it your hobby, an enjoyable experience you will look forward too

You can say that literally about everything, but some things in life suck.
>>
File: 1480751972456.jpg (40KB, 535x577px) Image search: [Google]
1480751972456.jpg
40KB, 535x577px
>>61607442
>but some things in life suck
like not having a gf
>>
>>61607456
Don't worry anon
You just gotta stop thinking of not having gf as a chore, make it your hobby, an enjoyable experience you will look forward too
>>
File: QG3340_16-IMS-en_CA.jpg (79KB, 1250x984px) Image search: [Google]
QG3340_16-IMS-en_CA.jpg
79KB, 1250x984px
Order this and still waiting.
My leg is hairy and have to manage.
Also considering trim pubes
>>
why do these horrible priced electric shavers have so fucking large shaver head? like it is designed for horsefaces. I was looking for a narrow headed one for the sensitive places (even the gillette styler has like 2mm border on he sides) so i'll test the Wilkinson precision if it arrives. But was looking out for the Rowenta Nomad TN3620F0 too
>>
>>61607069
kek
>>
File: 1493580020087.png (425KB, 680x425px) Image search: [Google]
1493580020087.png
425KB, 680x425px
>>61607487
I have a Philips bodygroomer

>tfw trimmed pubes and shaved ass
>>
>>61607411
It's how faggots justify buying artisan shave soaps and accessories. They rant about how much money they save then spend it all on hipster faggot shit.
Don't get me wrong, I love my double edge and that's the only thing I use. But this talk about making it a morning ritual/hobby? That's just Art of Manliness garbage. The time it takes me to shave with a double razor is comparable to a cartridge razor.
>hot towel on face - 1min
>canned shave cream - 15sec
>actual shave - 2-3 mins
I still use a shave soap/cream with a brush but that adds another minute or two, but it is cheaper because the soap lasts so fuckin long. I feel for the "morning ritual" meme, when you do it every goddamn day it loses its luster and it's another chore in the morning.
>>
File: Disc golf.jpg (359KB, 1366x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Disc golf.jpg
359KB, 1366x1024px
>not having an shaving collection
>>
>>61607141
>always had red skin or nasty zits
because you either shave too much or did not clean your razor or both
just sayin
>>
>>61607510
>They rant about how much money they save then spend it all on hipster faggot shit

that's the funniest thing. they go on and on about all the money they save by not buying cartridge razors and then they go buy a bunch of different double edge handles, $50 badger brushes, a bunch of different soaps. it just goes on and on, they aren't saving money.
>>
>>61607185
you don't really know if they'll work for you desu
>>
>>61606757
Got this bad boy. I use it dry. Feels nice and warm, no tugs or cuts. Could have went for the 4 blade version, but I can't grow a thick beard tho so I just went with the arc3.

https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-ES8103S-Electric-Nanotech-Cordless/dp/B001DNE3KQ
>>
>>61606757
> I would like to switch to an electric shaver.
Consider this: you'll get less cuts, but it won't shave as good as a razor, so you'll get less painful, but more prolonged shaving. Also a faceted shaver like pic related won't shave hair longer than 2mm or so.
>>
>>61607280
This, it's also cheap as fuck since I pay 3.70 for 50 derby blades. Just looking now a pack of 8 carts for fusion or mach3 cost between £14 and £20.
>>
>>61607280
remember to always clean them razors with spiritus (ethanol) before shaving to avoid irritation and red shit
>>
>>61607595
>Derby

Fine choice, but since I've switched to Feathers I've never looked back. More expensive, but still cheaper than Gillette.
>>
>>61607512
Nice collection, I use the same blades.
>>
>>61607621
>derby
>feather
Really polar opposites there.
I'm still gonna use my derby's since they are more forgiving and shave fine.
>>
>>61607621
They are too sharp for me, I'm >>61606895 that only shaves his head, those feathers cut me up real easy but derby and gillette 7oclock sharpedge (yellow russian made version) are just right.
>>
Kek, I bought a big assortment of blades when I first started, I'd grab a random blade and try it out. Then I grabbed a feather and cut my neck every shave that week. Kept an edge pretty nicely though. Impressive 1000 time folded steel.
>>
>>61606807
you should prepare your face before that, hot towel doesn't cut it because it goes cold too fast
you need steam for about 10-20min for the face to soften then shaving is easier on the blade and keeps it sharp much longer
>>
>>61607661
>>61607665
I use a feather popular so it's a pretty mild shave for me. Tempted to upgrade to an edwin jagger though
>>
>>61607463
It's best to just not think about it at all
>>
File: Razorock Mission.jpg (32KB, 800x799px) Image search: [Google]
Razorock Mission.jpg
32KB, 800x799px
>>61607280
Same thing here, I use a RazoRock Mission safety razor and Astra Platinum Blades, I still have to try other blades to see if they are better or not. 100 blades for £10/$10, decent shave (as I need more practice) and will last a lifetime if it's looked after properly.
>>
>>61607512
I have that same aftershave and some Old Spice to switch between.

Good choice, anon.

On topic: I use a Gilette Mach 3 and soap and shave at least every other day. I buy the razors when they're on sale on Amazon so it's not that expensive either. Usually have to switch razors every three to four weeks.
>>
>>61606757
I use hair clippers the kind barbers use. It makes it way faster and it never tears your hairs.
>>
I can't grow facial hair.
>>
>>61606757
With a Panasonic electric shaver. It can be used wet or dry or with foam and it takes 30 seconds.

It's pretty good
>>
I use a Merkur 34C most mornings in the shower. I realise that isn't much help.
>>
I use a Gillette once a week. Every time I shave, I hope to God that I nick myself on my Adams apple and end up bleeding out. Anyone else know that feel?
>>
File: 123218978.jpg (6KB, 240x185px) Image search: [Google]
123218978.jpg
6KB, 240x185px
>>61611036
>>
>>61607280
I was actually really disappointed with my double edged razor. Admittedly, I got a cheap one. But it wasn't close.

Good durability on the blades (and that is where Gillette makes its money) but it wasn't great.

The Gillette Fusion is really good. Just expensive blades. Target started selling Harry's and that was great. So I think I'll just sign up for Harry's.
>>
>>61611132
>>61610763
read >>61607728
>>
>>61611163
yea lets steam our face for 10 fucking minutes. lol jesus christ who has time for this shit other than old retired men and neets
>>
>>61611163
>>61611180
I've never needed to steam my face for 10 minutes. Maybe at high end barbers, but most average guy barbers throw a hot towel on.
Splashing water on my face does nothing, so I hold a hot facecloth over my facial hair for a minute. Splash with a little extra hot water, then apply cream. And that's all I have to do to prevent tugging, and my facial hairs are pretty thick. My beard has yet to fill in but the hairs that do grow are like bristles.
>>
>>61611284
>>61611180
keep on buying razors from amajew
>>
>>61611132
Which DE razor did you get?
>>
>>61606757
I use a Gilette fusion with the built in vibrator every morning. Say what you want about them, but they do the job well.

>safety razor
Cause razor burn and irritated skin. Dicking around with new blades is a hassle.

>Electric razors
Enjoy looking like a hobo/alcoholic every day

>Disposable razors
I'd rather scrape my beard off with a brick

>Knife
Ain't nobody got time for that
>>
>>61607141
3050cc here
Works decent for the price but its not great at all

my next Braun gonna be series 9 or higher since they are much better
>>
>>61611726
>the built in vibrator

This pretty much says it all about Gilette fusion users.
>>
>>61611353
Some cheap one from... Walmart... One Touch Micro Classic. I wanted to try it out before I spent a lot of money on an expensive double edge. Wasn't impressed. By no means a bad experience, I just wasn't impressed. Could never get as close as I could with just a Fusion. And it would take longer.
>>
>>61611726
Harry's is now better. I heard ppl say earlier the blades weren't as sharp. But they changed the blades. Cheaper and at least as good as a fusion.

However, the handle is cheap. Never lost the razor while shaving but pulling it out the little case it is likely to come off.
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/r9k/38689403
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.