[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Google abducts Youtube >Site never works again >LITERALLY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

File: maxresdefault.jpg (81KB, 1552x892px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
81KB, 1552x892px
>Google abducts Youtube
>Site never works again
>LITERALLY have to rip any video off the site and watch it on my desktop to even see the fucking things now
>Chrome is a resource hog piece of shit, but since Firefox is better, nobody wants it
>Infiltrate FF devs and make them turn FF into a non-functional piece of shit
>Zero plug-ins are now compatible with FF
>Flash doesn't work on FF anymore
>HTML5 (cancer) doesn't work on FF
>Every single phone that runs Android has some persistent annoying notification THAT CAN NOT BE TURNED OFF WITHOUT ROOTING YOUR FUCKING PHONE
How in the fuck does Google have so much fucking money? They turn everything they touch to fucking shit.
>>
>>61602486
google joined the botnet in 2009
the nsa,tsa,cia,nasa,etc pay them
think of google like a nigger on food stamps
>>
File: 1436793228100.jpg (38KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
1436793228100.jpg
38KB, 200x300px
>>61602529
This. They are just surviving cuz of USA
>>
>>61602486
People like shit
>>
>>61602529
Way ahead of you.
>>
>LITERALLY have to rip any video off the site and watch it on my desktop to even see the fucking things now
You are probably just retarded
>>
>>61604063
No. Youtube has been fucking around with some cancerous updates lately that make it so the older version of Firefox's HTML5 to Flash converter isn't working anymore. The reason I'm using an older version of FF is because newer versions don't work with any fucking add-ons (as planned by jewgle). Thank god I can still rip the god damned things. Google wants to be the only electronic company on Earth. Fuck them. They're even worse than telecom companies.
>>
>>61604140
You clearly fucked up your install because I browse is paranoid mode with all sorts of shit disabled including javascript (which I enable on a per video basis) and I haven't had any problems.
>>
did you disable the proprietary codecs? if so, re-enable them & try again.

or do what i do: drag-n-drop video links to mpv
>>
>>61604230
>embed the video in a thread and it works
Oh shit yeah, I forgot it does. Still too much trouble just to watch a video on Youtube. Christ, I remember when buffering was my biggest concern. I miss those days.
>>
>>61602486
b-but "do no evil" is their motto
>>
>>61602486
Literally crying because shit doesn't work on Firefox.

Firefox is pure shit now. Use another browser. It doesn't have to be chrome.

Seriously it's not Google's fault if Firefox is fucking garbage.
>>
>>61602486

Just install Chrome you mongoloid
>>
>>61604318
And what's Mozilla paying you in? Dildos
>>
>>61602486
B O T N E T
O
T
N
E
T
>>
File: bullshit but i believe it.jpg (42KB, 720x439px) Image search: [Google]
bullshit but i believe it.jpg
42KB, 720x439px
>>61602486
>Zero plug-ins are now compatible with FF

What kind of retarded FF version are you using? I'm on 54.0.1, all my plugins work fine and I'm having no problems at all with Flash or HTML5.
>>
>>61602529
They get paid surprisingly little for their PRISM participation, actually. The whole program cost $30 million for all the participating providers. I don't think 100% of that covers Google's electric bill alone.
>>
>>61604140
you probably used a shit addon that disabled something and you forgot it
do a complete reinstall of FF
I use FF36 and YT still works fine
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=clean+reinstall+of+firefox
>>
>>61602486
>>Zero plug-ins are now compatible with FF
>>Flash doesn't work on FF anymore
>>HTML5 (cancer) doesn't work on FF
Flash is because Mozilla made the right decision to stop supporting Flash out of the box in Fx. You can still install the Flash plugin yourself, though. The rest of these three are just outright false.

YouTube works fine though, I have no problem watching videos even in 4k on the site using Fx. Sounds like a you issue.

>>Every single phone that runs Android has some persistent annoying notification THAT CAN NOT BE TURNED OFF WITHOUT ROOTING YOUR FUCKING PHONE
Yeah, Android is fucking garbage. Microsoft came up with someone better, but no one wanted to use it and now we're stuck with Lagdroid.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170728-202305.png (179KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170728-202305.png
179KB, 1080x1920px
>>61602486
>Notifications that cannot be turned off
What notification? I can't see one
>>
>>61604477
s/someone/something/
>>
>>61602486
try going to brave, or slepnir
>>
#progress

http://www.dailywire.com/news/17400/google-hiring-less-white-men-progress-robert-kraychik

>150 million dollar diversity investment

http://time.com/3849218/google-diversity-investment/

CHROMECUK SJW GOOGLE!!!
>>
IE masterrace reporting in.

Ironic that IE is not the browsers FF and Chrome were to kill IE and those browsers are now bloated with their own proprietary addons
>>
>>61602486
I haven't used youtube the site in years
just pass the url as an argument to mpv and stream it directly
>>
File: get a load of this guy cam.jpg (98KB, 776x602px) Image search: [Google]
get a load of this guy cam.jpg
98KB, 776x602px
>>61604488
>>
>>61602486
>>Every single phone that runs Android has some persistent annoying notification THAT CAN NOT BE TURNED OFF WITHOUT ROOTING YOUR FUCKING PHONE
That's handset manufacturers """"""innovating"""""", not Google. Why do you hate """"""innovation"""""" so much?

>>61604490
>ytdl integration
teh secks
>>
>>61604499
prove me wrong...
>>
>>61604486
WTF THIS IS RACIST TO WHITE PEOPLE

>have high iq
>denied a job for skin pigmentation!??

HOW IS THIS LEGAL!?!?
>>
>>61604490

how do you get the url?
>>
>>61604486
Sir you appear to be too white to hire.

>But.... I...

I'm sorry sir but we have to judge you based on your skin tone.

You are white, meaning racist from birth.

>Isn't tyrone prone to steal from his skin tone?

THAT'S RACIST, TO JUDGE
BY SKIN ALONE!!!!

>mfw
>>
>>61604434
He's probably talking about the new ones, 55 and 56, welcome to n00buntu/debian my friend, use a PPA.
>>
File: Snímka.jpg (15KB, 609x75px) Image search: [Google]
Snímka.jpg
15KB, 609x75px
>>61604486
This fucking guy
>>
>>61604140
Latest Firefox Developer Edition still works with old add-ons
>>
>>61604140
ESR 52, shit works fine here
>>
How much money does YouTube or even Google make through ad-revenue anymore?

Hell even our personal data can't be worth that much anymore, right?

Even the strictest no-nonsense normie runs at least some form of adblocking software, and even the mediocre ones are effective enough to block out 90% of the ads in our browsers.

Personally I haven't seen an ad in years, so I'm curious as to how they're even making money of this shit anymore.
>>
>>61606763
>Even the strictest no-nonsense normie runs at least some form of adblocking software
Actually no, they don't. They've grown accustomed to ads, they don't mind them anymore. I've offered several normie friends to install some sort of adblocking software on their machines, and they always give me that "what for?" look.
>>
>>61606789

Really? Jesus am I that out of touch? I swear I've never met a person that hasn't had SOMETHING in their browser of choice that doesn't attempt to block ads.

Maybe I'm just hanging around all the wrong normies or something.

My brother's about as normie as it comes (he's the guy who's terribly proud of his new iphone) but even he's smart enough to get an adblocker for his laptop.

I don't know, one of us is off-base here.
>>
>>61606763
>Even the strictest no-nonsense normie runs at least some form of adblocking software
Not on their phones. Chrome for Android doesn't have extension support, actually Firefox is the only mobile browser that does, and it's not very common.
>>
File: 1438758651076.jpg (49KB, 600x333px) Image search: [Google]
1438758651076.jpg
49KB, 600x333px
>>61602486
>>61602529
>>61602559
Is time to take actions.
>>
>Google abducts Youtube
>Site never works again
Works For Me™
god your life must suck having an outdated PC from 20 years ago
>Chrome is a resource hog piece of shit, but since Firefox is better, nobody wants it
you mean Firefox is, right? Firefox is more of a resource hog than Chrome, lol
>Infiltrate FF devs and make them turn FF into a non-functional piece of shit
ok now you're just speaking out of your ass, i know you don't have sources for this.
as it shouldn't.
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
>Every single phone that runs Android has some persistent annoying notification THAT CAN NOT BE TURNED OFF WITHOUT ROOTING YOUR FUCKING PHONE
unless you have a shitty android phone, YOU CAN LITERALLY TURN OFF NOTIFICATIONS IN YOUR SETTINGS.
>>
>>61602486
Works fine for me. :3c
>>
>>61604281
Yeah, that's not Orwellian or anything.

>>61604307
Yeah, because google sabotaged it. It used to be a magnificent browser and light on resources doing it (more or less). I used to literally have hundreds of tabs open without incident doing research. Good luck finding ANY browser that can do that today. Google and other rich capitalist pigs are making us go backwards technologically so they can make more money. Feudalism rakes in the cash more than post-scarcity.

>>61604366
How about blow up your own building, jewgle.

>>61604434
43. That's the last version that works with crucial plug-ins I'm using.

>>61604477
>Flash is because Mozilla made the right decision to stop supporting Flash
No they didn't. This is another jewgle shill. Hi, jewgle shill.

>>61604481
No uninstallable notifications? What phone do you have? The last two I bought had something. The Galaxy I had would always inform your phone was fully charged and wouldn't turn the fucking screen off for minutes after and there was no way to get rid of the message. The last moto I switched to wouldn't stop pestering me about upgrades or something and I broke it within the day. I'll never buy a smartass phone again.

>>61604483
Never even heard of those.

>>61604486
Actually it's your precious fucking white men, as always, doing this shit to try to establish a monopoly and wreck everyfuckingthing as white men always do for their greed. Jewgle's sitting on a literal mountain of cash and all they do is try to destroy everything. There's no question which race controls that vile corporation.

>>61604488
Couldn't be much worse than modern FF, and it's pretty much guaranteed to be better than Chrome.

>>61604504
It's still allowed. What you allow is what will continue. I would ban that horseshit if they wanted to use my OS.

>>61606729
>Developer Edition
I don't know anything about that.

>>61606763
Where's jewgle getting all its money then?

>>61606810
No. Nu generations are just human cancer.
>>
>>61608422
Someone with more money than me needs to set up a LITERAL communist wifi mesh co-op that provides internet service to as wide a range of the population as possible to break the fucking back of all the shit telecom companies. We'll only be free of the bastards when we're not reliant on their infrastructure to access a fucking public utility.
>>
>>61608494
>you mean Firefox is, right? Firefox is more of a resource hog than Chrome, lol
Know how I know you're a jewgle shill?
>>
File: 1475241988116.jpg (8KB, 217x223px) Image search: [Google]
1475241988116.jpg
8KB, 217x223px
>>61610381
>>
>>61604446
They don't get directly paid by NSA.

They get paid off thorough political favors like IRS signing off on your company's really questionable off-shore tax dodging schemes, FTC and ITC banning import of your overseas competitors over a ridiculously trivial patents, and the White House and the Congress pushing new regulation that makes it much more difficult for new companies to enter the markets you're currently dominating.

NSA is also benefitted from your continued monopoly/oligopoly since they don't have to chase down a new company to coerce into PRISM as they would have to if the market functioned naturally and new tech giant popped up every couple years instead of just once every decade or so.
>>
>>61610839
>if the market functioned naturall
What you dumb libertarian retards can't seem to grasp is that THIS IS the market behaving naturally. That's why regulation to stop this kind of shenanigans is required. Whenever you give a capitalist ultimate freedom, he'll just turn himself into a king EVERY SINGLE TIME.
>>
>>61602486
>>LITERALLY have to rip any video off the site and watch it on my desktop to even see the fucking things now
LITERALLY off yourself
>>
>>61610938
I meant naturally as in regulated free market without hidden vested interests manipulating it in arbitrary capitalist's favor.

Of course, capitalists will collude until they can price-discriminate like a monopoly absent any trade regulation.

But, regulators being captured to make it harder for new entrants while giving established players free pass and this being facillated by the police state is a new development.
>>
>>61610839
True, they buy lots of indulgences with their compliance.
>your
my, aren't we bipolar today!
>new tech giant every couple of years
Sand Hill Road doesn't work like that my dude.

>>61611159
>I meant naturally as in regulated free market without hidden vested interests manipulating it in arbitrary capitalist's favor.
The Westphalian system's purpose is to guarantee the sovereignty of a ruling class which negotiates amongst itself to exploit their peoples to their own profit. Surely you don't think power is just an idle meaningless game?
>regulators being captured
Representative (((democracy))) is the problem, not the solution. Regulators who regulate according to the popular will and who can be fired at the popular whim wouldn't do such things.
>>
>>61611159
Well that's the opposite of natural. That's an artificially regulated market, which is the only way to rein in the chaos that capitalism brings. If we had an actually regulated market, most of the major corporations fucking up everything wouldn't even exist.

>But, regulators being captured to make it harder for new entrants
This is literally nothing but capitalist propaganda. If you hate on regulations, the regulations that help corporations will still get passed. The ones that protect consumers are the only ones that get the axe. When you have MORE regulations, they starve out the pro-corporation regulations.
>>
>>61611334
>Surely you don't think power is just an idle meaningless game?
How isn't it?
>>
>>61611334
>Representative (((democracy))) is the problem, not the solution. Regulators who regulate according to the popular will and who can be fired at the popular whim wouldn't do such things.

You go too far down that road, and you get a mob rule.

There is definitely a need to hold regulators accountable for the decisions, and it should easier to prosecute them for favoritism or incompetence.
>>
>>61611355
People who should kill you don't. That's kind of meaningful.
Keep your power issues in the bedroom, boys.

>>61611480
>You go too far down that road, and you get a mob rule.
Only the bourgeoisie have a problem with this and they ARE the problem in the grand scheme of things.
Keep your power issues in the bedroom, boys.
>>
>>61611570
>yfw normies make anime illegal
>>
>>61610415
>Know how I know you're a jewgle shill?
know how i know you're a lying asshat?
>>
>>61604471
what are user profiles in firefox?

also use a limited account on everything with a terminal and interwebz access.
>>
>>61611570
>People who should kill you don't.
>should
Do you even think you mean something with this tripe?

>>61612318
Chrome runs about 1/4-1/3 as much resources PER TAB as the entirety of FF.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.