[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stop using Debian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Botnet.jpg (564KB, 2424x1388px) Image search: [Google]
Botnet.jpg
564KB, 2424x1388px
Stop using Debian
>>
>>61599010
No.
>>
>>61599010
Away with these /pol/-tier posts. Shoo shoo.
>>
>>61599010
DELET
>>
File: 1491009841152.jpg (58KB, 456x578px) Image search: [Google]
1491009841152.jpg
58KB, 456x578px
>>61599010
Google has a vested interest in using both, since customers of their cloud platform want RHEL and derivatives, and they use Debian and derivatives internally.

Meanwhile, Red Hat is getting outplayed by both Canonical and Amazon Linux AMIs on AWS, so they would likely rather align themselves with Google's platform to avoid a conflict of interest.

This is just business OP.
>>
>>61599117
stupid anime poster

what do you know about business? NOTHING
>>
>>61599010
>the largest users of an open source project are the largest contributors
What is your point exactly? Next you are going to tell me that hardware manufacturers are the largest contributor of kernel drivers.
>>
I'm not installing gentoo OP
>>
>>61599035
>wide known fact google employees submit most of debian's code
>/pol/
?
>>
>>61599035
Fuck off numale. We were here first. Go back to re ddit where you belong.
>>
File: 1490554756635.gif (385KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1490554756635.gif
385KB, 500x281px
>>61599134
I work at one of the big 4 in tech and I don't watch anime, I just save these SICP pics.
>>
File: 1491357648244.png (503KB, 883x881px) Image search: [Google]
1491357648244.png
503KB, 883x881px
>>61599010
At least post real conspiracies instead of this garbage.

https://medium.com/insurge-intelligence/how-the-cia-made-google-e836451a959e
>>
>>61599117
>>61599143

that wouldn't be a problem if Red Hat didn't include shit code on Debian and if Debian hired some code monkeys to audit the code
Little by little red hat and debian are destroying and killing Linux.
Linux survived because every distro is different and almost every distro keep it simple and stable while Debian and Red Hat push the bleeding edge package meme while submitting so many code it's impossible to follow it through
>>
>>61599197
The industry is just speeding up, anon. A side effect of this progress is that rolling distros that were once a disaster are now pretty impressively stable (t. arch linux) when pulling vanilla packages.

Debian isn't really pushing an agenda, it's mostly a community distribution, so if you want to blame anyone, blame the community. Systemd and the other sweeping changes in Debian are pushed from Red Hat, but then again Red Hat has always been driving the GNU/linux community at large haven't they? If anything, Debian is behind the times not using a firewall even on default install.
>>
>SELinux is a product of the NSA and some worried when it was added to Red Hat, Fedora, and later many other distributions. Even before Snowden revealed the massive government spying, having the NSA anywhere near Linux activated certain Spidey-senses. Now we learn that SELinux may have had an exploit for bypassing the security enforcements. Italian software company Hacking Team, who admits to providing “technology to the worldwide law enforcement and intelligence communities,” has been selling technology to governments (most with bad human rights records) to assist in gathering surveillance data on citizens, groups, journalists, and other governments. Recently Hacking Team was hacked and their information has been leaked onto the Internet. Besides the SELinux exploit, it’s been reported that the FBI, U.S. Army, and the Drug Enforcement Agency are or were customers of Hacking Team’s services.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150710143620/http://ostatic.com/blog/red-hat-used-by-nsa-spies-selinux-possibly-bypassed

None of this would be a problem if:

1) They didn't force companies to run red hat
2) They didn't hire/pay people to contribute to linux
3) They funded independent people/companies to audit the code
4) They didn't force Debian to move to systemd
>>
>>61599010
all those vulns are fixed in sid. why aren't you running debian unstable if you want up-to-date, all vulns patched immediately? debian releases are better for the LAN in small devices, hence why raspberry pi is useful
>>
>>61599288
wouldn't be better if Debian didn't release every new garbage on the stable rep?
>>
>>61599288
Long time debian user here.
Frankly.... I do not trust the debian team anymore.
You have to keep up with the source your self these days, because who knows what they will sneak into it in the near future.

I have jumped the boat since the nsa nigger tools was released last year. It also became clear to me that not only those niggers had been using it, but our niggers aswell, because the head of the security agency involved this here sometime before last xmas went out and said they were out of tools and needed new ones.

It could however be a psyop on their part to say; oy vey goyim we can't spy on you anymore, oy vey how terriiible. And they really do have more nigger tools
>>
>>61599178
Why have they places balloons into their noses?
>>
>>61599428
it's bugger balloons anon
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.