[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /g/ whats your opinion on refurbished tech products?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: nig on comp.jpg (144KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
nig on comp.jpg
144KB, 800x532px
hey /g/ whats your opinion on refurbished tech products?
>>
Give it back trayvon
>>
>>61599238
???
im thinking of buying a refurbished monitor off newegg
>>
>>61598304
Older is better.
>>
>>61599302
as long as the seller is reputable/offers a warrantee on the product then go for it
personally I've had great luck with newegg refurbished stuff
>>
>>61599328
newegg is where ill be buying the refurbed monitor
>>
>>61599385
if you go through newegg then you're good even if the actual seller is a third party. I ordered a cheap amp from a chink company through newegg, I never got it and el chinko was giving me the runaround, contacted newegg directly and quickly got a refund
>>
>>61599385
Probably fine. I've gotten a few things refurbed and never had any issues. There is a bit of risk, but you can also save bit. Up to you and your wallet.
>>
only ever buy refurb laptops. if i get culturally enriched or something breaks just buy another one that is a few years old for 300 bucks. always latitudes or thinkpads, built to last and most have barely been used
>>
>>61599430
Overheating becomes a problem as laptops age.
>>
>>61599500
yeah but the 300 dollar refurbs tend to be only 2 or 3 years old, lightly used company computers. also, thinkpads and latitudes both run pretty cool and it's easy to get in there and clean the fan out on these, which is 99 percent of the time why they get too hot
>>
>>61599870
nah man, go C grade refurbished, you trade a little cosmetic damage for getting it for 150 to 200 less
>>
I'm thinking about buying a used 480/580 off eBay.

Thoughts? How bad could mining have fucked these cards?
>>
>>61600035
just put some new thermal paste and youre good to go.
>>
>>61599302
>((((((refurbished)))))) monitor
They are basically just looking for a market to dump monitors returned for dead pixels/backlight bleed on people that may not complain so much since they're already getting a "deal".

It's a win-win for newegg/suppliers because they can't do anything with them anyway.
>>
The only things I would never buy refurbished or used are monitors, keyboards, mice, headphones, and PSUs.
>>
I've bought 3 referb monitors from newegg before, I'm still using them all right now, the only problem i've found is they kept giving me invalid tracking numbers and 1 monitor is bent slightly which gives some backlight issues.
>>
I got my 7950 as a refurb for $200 when a new one was going for about $400. Do not regret.
>>
>>61598304
Depends on the quality of the refurb, I actually refurbish and sell laptops to make a bit of extra cash now and again, but mostly because I enjoy it
>>
You can get last gen fleet laptops like Elitebooks and Latitudes insanely cheap refurbed, since the market gets flooded with them when the big companies upgrade all the employees' laptops
>>
>>61598304
I bought a refurb optiplex 9020 for my workstation at home, I got a 4790 for next to nothing, and the insides were immaculate. Definitely worth looking around for refurbed stuff.
>>
>>61598304
Just bought a refurbished tablet for $250 off the other day. Other than not arriving in the original box, I couldn't tell the difference. Also my first 1080p TV when I was a poor college student was a refurb and I can't tell the difference; it's still my main TV. And most importantly, it keeps more money out of the pockets of the electric jew.
>>
>>61599500

overheating is a problem that comes with a shittily built laptop.
>>
>>61598304
I recently purchased a DELL XPS 13 9365 from a DELL reseller on eBay for pretty much half the price of new (in my country). The thing was basically new. Zero discharge cycles on the battery, only a few minutes use on the SSD. And it came with a 3 year premium DELL international warranty, so I can't complain.
>>
>>61598304
They're shit.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.