[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mozilla employee confirms: TabMixPlus is kill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9

File: mozilla.png (45KB, 883x443px) Image search: [Google]
mozilla.png
45KB, 883x443px
Keep using it and donating to Mozilla though. It invests in women's empowerment classes.
>>
>>61588494
TMP and Tree-Style Tabs are the main reasons I still use FF (actually WaterFox).

What the fuck do these faggots think they're doing? Turning into another not-Chrome is a suicide plan.
>>
I really can't wait for Mozilla to die. At this point it's just a jobs creation program for SJWs.
>>
sjws kill everything they touch
>>
Collateral damage. Killing XUL Extensions will be better in the long run though.
>>
welp, the only reason that I still use FF
how to migrate bookmarks, cookies, history, form completion info from FF to Chrome?
>>
what about
DownThemAll
Greasemonkey
SmoothWheel
Video DownloadHelper
>>
>b-but my crappy XUL addon from 2005 stops working
Fuck off. Adopting WebExtensions was the only sane design decision by Shitzilla.
>>
>>61588897
Chrome can auto-import those.
>>
>>61588955
>DownThemAll
Dead: http://www.downthemall.net/re-downthemall-and-webextensions-or-why-why-i-am-done-with-mozilla/
>>
>>61588494
Why do they hate us? The only reason I'm still using FF is because of the extensions
>>
>>61588979
>>61588860
Shouldn't you be serving breakfast to your in-house refugees?

Extensions like TMP were the last reason to even consider using Firecucks. It's game over now.
>>
>>61589130
>open source
>privacy-oriented
>very customizable
>last browser to not use WebKit/Blink
>servo is coming
>has the only sane DRM implementation
>everything will be sandboxed when FF57/drops, so it'll be more secure
>it's now very fast thanks to multithread
>made by a nonprofit whose goals include fighting against censorship, teaching people how to make websites the good way, creating open source alternatives to popular products by Google and Apple, more Internet for third world countries, etc.
Nah, there are still lot of reasons to use Firefox.
>>
>>61589124
They don't. It's just impossible to create new and secure extension APIs with all the features XUL extensions had, because XUL extensions are inherently insecure.
>>
>>61589297
>open source
So are Chromium and many others, idiot.

>privacy-oriented

LOL. It has built-in Google Analytics in case you've been living under a rock. >>61338935

>very customizable
The entire post of this thread is that it IS NOT going to be customizable anymore

>last browser to not use WebKit/Blink
What is Edge?

Also, that's arguably a problem not a benefit.

>servo is coming
Empty promises about the feature isn't a rational to use something TODAY

>has the only sane DRM implementation
"i'm a freeloader who hates people who want money for their work instead of letting me copy everything and share them with my other basement dwelling friends"

>everything will be sandboxed when FF57/drops, so it'll be more secure

If you care about sandboxing you do it at the system level instead of relying on individual software implementations

>it's now very fast thanks to multithread
Speed isn't a matter if you have an American computer built after 2010.

>made by a nonprofit whose goals include fighting against censorship, teaching people how to make websites the good way, creating open source alternatives to popular products by Google and Apple, more Internet for third world countries, etc.

disgusting degenerate
>>
>>61589523
So if nothing matters, is there a reason why I should not be using Firefox?

>>61588541
>Tree-Style Tabs
Plenty of replacements popped up already. The only thing missing is a way to hide native tabs.
Plenty of time to add that still.

>TMP
What do you even use that for?
>>
>>61589523
>So are Chromium and many others, idiot.
Chromium has never been fully audited, and the others either user WebKit, which is pretty much deprecated, or are "mostly" open source like Opera and Vivaldi.
>LOL. It has built-in Google Analytics in case you've been living under a rock.
It doesn't. The Google Analytics in the add-on page was an oversight and it's now fixed.
>The entire post of this thread is that it IS NOT going to be customizable anymore
It is. You can still modify about:config, install addons and change themes. The only thing is now addons won't be able to modify the GUI.
>What is Edge?
Proprietary crap from Microsoft.
>Also, that's arguably a problem not a benefit.
It's only a problem if you wish to end up with an IE6 scenario all over again.
>Empty promises about the feature isn't a rational to use something TODAY
Some of it's features are already present in Firefox Beta.
>"i'm a freeloader who hates people who want money for their work instead of letting me copy everything and share them with my other basement dwelling friends"
That's a nice strawman, but not an argument.
>If you care about sandboxing you do it at the system level instead of relying on individual software implementations
Not a solution for everyone.
"If you care about customization, you make your own browser" that's how retarded you sound.
>Speed isn't a matter if you have an American computer built after 2010.
It is. Especially since most people don't have a gaymurrrr PC.
>disgusting degenerate
Another non-argument.
>>
File: google-diversity.jpg (46KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
google-diversity.jpg
46KB, 1200x630px
>>61589523
>So are Chromium and many others
Chromium integrates Google "services" as a feature, it doesn't matter that it's open source.
>>
>>61588494
the new meme sidebar with a tab addon is a decent replacement
>>
>>61589829
buttblasted cuckzilla sjwfox employee detected

https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/lkcr/docs/chromium_browser_vs_google_chrome.md
>>
Fuck this sjw piece of shit.
>>
i really hate that they're dropping xul, but i will most likely stick to firefox.
i already got rid of most extensions that are going to break with v57 and honestly, i can barely tell the difference. firefox and its forks will stay the most (easily) customizable browsers, even with the adoption of webextensions.
i'm not making a decision until v57 hits stable, though. but then again, there are no real alternatives to firefox, anyway.
>>
>>61588494
Wait, what's happening to greasemonkey?
>>
>>61589966
>>61589966
replaced with tampermonkey :^)
>>
File: 1488306888721.png (532KB, 1278x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488306888721.png
532KB, 1278x720px
>>61589759
>It is. You can still modify about:config, install addons and change themes. The only thing is now addons won't be able to modify the GUI.
>The only thing is now addons won't be able to modify the GUI.
Are you pretending to be retarded? That's the one of points of using firefox. Now that it's gone, I lose one of reasons to use firefox.
The implementation of webextension counts too since my favorite add-ons wont move to that shitty new extension.
>>
>>61589633
Plenty of "inferior" replacements
>>
One can hope that their marketshare drops lower and lower

and lower

and

lower
>>
>>61588562
This
>>
all this fucking damage control from firefucks
>>
fucking SJW assholes

there will be no more reasons for me to stick with FF

none!

FUCKING DIE IN THE COMING RACE WARS
>>
File: 238.png (25KB, 165x115px) Image search: [Google]
238.png
25KB, 165x115px
>>61589079
I still have hope that he will change his mind.

:^(
>>
>>61588494
Everything is kill once they drop addon support. The APIs are a fucking joke. At the pace and depth they are developing them it we are lucky FF will resemble its old self by 2530.
>>
File: i have given up.jpg (20KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
i have given up.jpg
20KB, 480x480px
>>61588494
If something as basic as TMP is "incompatible" then any vertical tab addon (aka the only fucking reason to EVER use FF) is flat-out fucking doomed.
Mozilla is absolutely kill, no question.
>>
>>61588562

mah nigga
>>
Install pale moon
>>
>>61592413
>what is the sidebar api
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tree-tabs/
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/vertigo-tabs/
>>
>>61588860
>Killing XUL Extensions will be better in the long run though.
Good. I hope so.
Please do notify us once the user regains customization and addon power because meanwhile there is zero reason to use it over Chrome.
>>
>>61588955

Video DownloadHelper no longer works on Chrome. When it did it wasn't able to download from certain sites (like YouTube) because of "limitations". It will most likely be kill on Firefox as well.
>>
File: 1501084248951.jpg (81KB, 854x770px) Image search: [Google]
1501084248951.jpg
81KB, 854x770px
>>61588494
Well idgaf anymore
>>
>>61592518
>2 addons that barely work and have no features
Damn, you sure showed me.
>>
>>61592994
>addons that have features have been in development for several years and still work
>addons that don't still have time to catch up
Is there a problem?
>>
>>61588494
source?
>>
>>61593027
You'll really do yourself a mischief moving those goalposts all day.
>>
>tab center will also be killed off
what the actual fuck
i don't want to use shitty horizontal tabs you retards
>>
>>61593061
You replied to a post that showed examples of vertical tab addons in response to a post that said they were doomed.
There were no goalposts moved. Vertical tab addons are possible with webextensions.
>>
File: costanza belittles.png (63KB, 935x709px) Image search: [Google]
costanza belittles.png
63KB, 935x709px
>>61593108
>2018
>still using extensions for tabs
>>
I just switched to palemoon and it works fine.
>>
>Mozilla would have to pay a translation provider in order to ship any translation product.
>But we are happy to spend on social justice startups!!!!11!
kek, and then they have the gall to accuse Google for their ruin. You dig your own grave, you lie in it.
>>
>>61593108
Actually >>61592994 moved the goalposts by mentioned lack of additional features.
>>
>>61589297
>made by a nonprofit whose goals include fighting against censorship
If that was true they wouldn't have pushed out the guy for his donations. He didn't follow the group think so he must go.
>>
these threads should me moved to /pol/ at this point until the november update lands
>>
File: 1499438310506.png (733KB, 760x839px) Image search: [Google]
1499438310506.png
733KB, 760x839px
I want out.
>>
>>61588541

>Waterfox
Guess what, they're going to be keeping the XUL extensions.
>>
>>61588897
export them has a HTML
>>
>>61588494
Mozilla became full of SJW and very corrupt, is time for them to die i trust more the comunity making a better open source, privacy focused browser nowadays
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.