[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's say my TV's color setting is set to 50. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1227.png (258KB, 690x307px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1227.png
258KB, 690x307px
Let's say my TV's color setting is set to 50. I'm assuming color is saturation. When my TV's color setting is set to 100, everything is very vibrant and vivid and the colors look different. If my TV is at 50, is it possible to view the same vivid colors that I saw at 100, if the objects on the screen are the same color of those 100 esque vibrance? What I'm trying to ask is if my TV is set to 50, is it possible to have vibrant colors that would be usually found on a TV with 100 saturation?
>>
>>61577989
Are you asking if it's possible to oversaturate the colors without jacking up the saturation?

Just take the time to properly calibrate your tv settings including brightness, contrast, and saturation. There are plenty of good ways to do it that you can easily google, and will give you the best and most accurate image.
>>
File: 1500357564660.png (387KB, 506x507px) Image search: [Google]
1500357564660.png
387KB, 506x507px
>>61577989
...wut
>>
File: IMG_1213.jpg (753KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1213.jpg
753KB, 3840x2160px
>>61578157
The thing is, I like vibrant colors like pic related, but I'm wondering if puc related is only possible with settings higher than 50-55
>>
File: 1.png (2KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
2KB, 1000x500px
>>61578234
I think he's asking how the saturation limit is affected by the TV's saturation controls. For example in this image the left square has a saturation value of 50 and the right has a value of 100. So if you display this image on a screen that has its saturation set midway, would turning the saturation up affect the saturation of both squares or only the left square? Obviously it does affect both squares because if you turn it all the way down it will desaturate the image completely, but is there a point where turning the saturation up will stop affecting the saturation of the square on the right?
>>
>>61578680
Yea I'm asking if it's possible to have colors found on 100 setting, in 50 setting.
>>
File: 1500756448876.png (29KB, 429x459px) Image search: [Google]
1500756448876.png
29KB, 429x459px
>>61578680
It really makes you think.
>>
Totally possible as long as you don't change the color profile.
>>
>>61579129
No?

Why the fuck would you get the same colors on 2 different settings? And if you like the image way oversaturated why not just turn it up to 100?
>>
>>61580193
Some people are saying yes though.
>>
>>61579357
What is color profile?
>>
>>61580193
You're not understanding his question, he's asking if those saturated colors are possible without over saturating all the colors.

>>61580423
It depends. Depends entirely on what your display is covering. If it's a normal sRGB only display, it'll only go as far as sRGB allows it to go. If it covers an arbitrary colorspace wider than sRGB, it'll be more saturated than sRGB. If it can't cover sRGB entirely, it'll be less saturated than it should be.

You can't exactly calibrate it well without proper equipment, but yes you can have the saturated colors without screwing up all the other ones as long as you can cover the entire colorspace you're targeting. Which is sRGB for most normal content and DCI-P3 for decent UHD content.
>>
Guys, are the LG OLED B6V/C6V worth the price or should I buy a less/almost as expensive tv like the Samsung KS8000?
What I'm asking is
>is that TV better anyway as it's an OLED or not?
>>
>>61581555
>oled vs VA panel

what do you think
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.