[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fixing to delid my 4690k. i have this thermal paste. Will it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: as5_pg1.jpg (21KB, 362x168px) Image search: [Google]
as5_pg1.jpg
21KB, 362x168px
fixing to delid my 4690k. i have this thermal paste. Will it work well?
How do i hold the lid on the cpu once i take it off.
i went out and practiced on an athlon 64 and a phenom neither took that much damage from the vice but I want to protect the cpu i'm about to delid. How do I protect the side of the cpu from bending or cracking?
>>
>>61572128
It's conductive, so no.
>>
>>61572128
Try colgate
>>
>>61572128
What are you hoping to achieve with this?
>>
>>61572128
overclock.net

and, lurk hard & google around a bit before (you) try posting there
>>
>>61572128
It can work but you need to watch out when applying it because it's conductive and you don't want to risk shorting out the SMD components near the die.

Also how are you planning to delid with the vice? In my experience it's easier/safer to use the vice to slowly push the HS from the PCB as opposed to clamping the HS and hammering on the PCB. Make sure that you cover the part of the vice that touches the CPU with something softer than the PCB, like plastic, to avoid damage to the PCB: I used the thick clamshell type plastic that was used in the packaging of some memory modules.
>>
>>61572853
Want to reduce temps when overclocked by 5-10*C.
>>61572779
>>61572929
I was thinking of using it because the google results said it was non conductive.
>>
>>61572996
>Want to reduce temps when overclocked by 5-10*C
you won't.
>>
>>61572915
I couldn't find out jack shit about what types of TIM to use under the lid.
>>
>>61572996
risk destroying a functioning cpu to have few degree temp drop?
>>
>>61573017
I've seen 5*C change on 7600K using decent grease.
>>61573031
figured I'd do it for dem clocks and its easy to pop their lids off. I'll only temporarily be using this thermal grease shit until i get CoolLaboratory liquid pro.
>>
>>61573020
People often use coollaboratory liquid ultra or thermal grizzly conductonaut. These are liquid metal and thus also electrically conductive, but surface tension ensures that they stick to the die and HS pretty well. They also seem to perform beter than regular thermal paste. Still you should probably cover SMD component with some regular thermal paste (the grey stuff) like noctua NT-H1 or something.
>>
>>61573172
Ah yes that Noctua stuff seems nice will have to pick that up from amazon, thanks for the suggestion.
>>
>>61573031
>risk destroying a functioning cpu to have few degree temp drop?
>>61573031
Should have just gotten a Ryzen.
>>
>>61573262
ryzen launch 2017
4690K launch 2014

I'm supposed to buy a new mobo,cpu and ram so I can have more hot cores and be forced to delid?
>>
>>61573304
>Be forced to delid
>Ryzen
What?
>>
>>61573353
I'm waiting for zen 2 which will overclock better.
>>
>>61573399
What does that have to do with delidding a soldered CPU?
>>
>>61573304
What? Ryzen is cooler, uses less power and has no need to be delidded.
>>
>>61573445
figured they were hot like bulldozer. My cpu should be fine for 2 years
>>
>>61573487
Yeah. I'm still on a 2500k waiting for zen2.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.