[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 364
Thread images: 44

File: Bryn_edition.jpg (18KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Bryn_edition.jpg
18KB, 400x300px
Post your stupid questions ITT.

Please read the sticky first.

Old thread >>61551122
>>
Thanks to the anons who replied about RAID/backups.

What's the best option for a networked backup solution? Also, won't 16TBs require at least that much to back up, or will backup programs significantly compress things?
>>
How is this for commenting?
class Vector {
private:
//Each vector has, at least, an X and Y value.
float x, y, z;

public:
//Default Constructor
Vector() {x = 0; y = 0; z = 0;}
//Standard 3D constructor
Vector(float xP, float yP, float zP);
//Standard 2D constructor
Vector(float xP, float yP);

//Return the vector as a string
string getVector();
//Multiply each vector component by the given float value.
Vector operator*(float multiplier);
};

Anything to improve? What are some fundamental things to know when professionally commenting code?
>>
>>61560365
I'm using rsync for backups. You just mount the destination and do:
rsync -ahAEHX --delete --info=progress2 source destination.
>>
>>61560379
I'd add a space between // and first character.
Also, if you ever plan to use Doxygen, you might want to make thje comments Doxygen-friendly.
>>
Are there any new ways to get rid of the "windows not genuine" message that I don't know about?

I used to type "SLMGR -REARM" but now it says i've run out of rearm attempts. So you can go into HKEY and change the rearm value back to "1" but that's not working for me.
>>
>>61559100
>>61559100
>>61559100
>>61559100
>>61559100
>>
The backplate for my new cooler seems loose as fuck, but everything is tightened as hard as i dare to screw it and everything seems to work just fine...am i just paranoid?
>>
>>61560430
daz
>>
>>61560379
It's too excessive - it makes it hard to find comments that are actually worth reading.
Also something like "Return the vector as a string", is worthless imo. Anyone can see that from the function signature, but what you'd probably like to know is what kind of formatting it uses.
>>
>>61560443

Can I use daz on an already running OS or do I have to run the daz loader when installing a new OS?
>>
>>61560465
You don't have to reinstall.
>>
>>61560465
There isn't even any way to do it during installation. But what you use depends on which windows it is.
>>
Repostan

With certain games the multiplayer just don't fucking work, this has been happening since I got my latest router, Huawei B315 and I'm trying to figure out what the fuck is going on. It only works when I tether from my phone, then those games will work, never when straight from the router. I tried wifi, ethernet cable same result. Tried messing with every single configuration on the router settings, nothing works. Any advice? I reset my windows network settings, same shit.. Is replacing the router the only option? Should I ask my ISP for a static IP? The problem are with games like Arma 3 and Blackwake. I can't join any servers in Arma 3, I get to a server list but servers wont work. I feel like there might be something wrong with my settings but I don't know.
>>
>>61560517

>But what you use depends on which windows it is.

Windows 7 Home Premium SP 1
>>
>>61560567
>pirating
>not Ultimate
>>
>>61560567
Yeah that's daz.
http://pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
>>
>>61560582
I wouldn't bother reinstalling for ultimate. Practically speaking it makes almost no difference.
>>
I installed daz loader, restarted my computer and it's still not genuine. Also the thread I downloaded the loader from is 8 years old, i assume windows found a workaround to the patch.
>>
>>61560818
Nope. And version is 2.2.2.2

But if your system is set up as UEFI that might be a problem.
>>
what's the difference between adding and committing in git?
>>
File: bogd.jpg (746KB, 1024x1162px) Image search: [Google]
bogd.jpg
746KB, 1024x1162px
Who wins?
>>
>>61560922
Bog pill vs Hormone pill
>>
>>61560922
America!
>>
Reposting because no answers.
I've got a phone with a tiny internal storage, which was complemented by a not as tiny second internal storage.
Said second storage died recently for some reason however. It simply disappeared one day. It wasn't SD storage by the way, they were separate but both classified as internal, and as such it's not something I can swap out.
As it died, I tried using an SD to replace it, but it appears the system is still latching on to the dead storage as the only "external" storage it has. I can't install big apps on it, I can't move apps to it because it's trying to move them to the nonexistent dead storage instead of the SD. Trying to access the gallery or camera boots me out with a "No external storage available." error despite the SD being in.
It's running 4.2.2 so it doesn't have the format external storage as internal feature.

Can I do anything about this?
>>
File: OS.png (43KB, 881x595px) Image search: [Google]
OS.png
43KB, 881x595px
>>61560877

It doesn't look like my system is UEFI?
>>
>>61560965
Do a factory reset. If that doesn't work, look into a custom rom.
>>
how to update from android 5.1.1
>>
>>61560994
that doesn't indicate whether it's UEFI or MBR
right click disk 0 for properties or whatever
>>
File: 1474984521425.jpg (11KB, 167x62px) Image search: [Google]
1474984521425.jpg
11KB, 167x62px
>>61560994
Ugg, that janky torrent shit tho...
>>
File: IMG_20170725_140231_DRO.jpg (2MB, 2976x2976px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170725_140231_DRO.jpg
2MB, 2976x2976px
Does these pins look bent enough to cause a POST failure? It's an LGA2011 mobo with dual sockets, this being the primary one (the only socket which can run alone with the other unused).

Tried two independantly tested PSU's and three types of RAM all pulled from working systems and listed as compatible by the mobo manufacturer (intel).

Still no POST, system randomly restarts after power on attempts. Can't test the CPU's alone due to lack of equipment.

Seems to me that thw culprit must be the mobo, but returning it and sourcing a new dual 2011 EATX mobo would take too long for the project. I've never attempted to fix pins on a PGA before, so I want to make damn sure that's the most likely culprit before I give it a shot.
>>
>>61561051
It clearly does.

Windows uses 4 different partitions when using a UEFI boot
>>
>>61561056
You killed it, Jim
>>
>>61561032
Find XDA page for your model.
>>
>>61561056
EDIT: This is a used mobo that arrived with the pins in this condition, so I don't know whether or not it has ever worked in its current state
>>
>>61561058
Nevertheless, he should right click -> properties -> volumes tab, and see what partition: says.
>>
>>61560922
imagine the kids
>>
File: OS2.png (33KB, 406x456px) Image search: [Google]
OS2.png
33KB, 406x456px
>>61561114
>>
>>61560365
I use Macrium Reflect Server 6. Can handle/see Dynamic,Raid,Basic,GPT,NTFS,Fat file systems/drives. Basically an all in one solution for data backup/disk clone, File/folder backups or full on system restore if need be. It backs up my Server's 9TB Raid-5 volume without blinking an eye so pretty sure 16TB won't be any problem.
>>
>>61561198
>shilling this hard
>>
>>61561159
>1MB unallocated
what
also there are a couple of updates that must not be installed in order for daz to work, these were the previous attempts by microsoft to stop the loader, a quick google will show which ones
>>
>>61561159
Yup, you should be good. I blame the box of new Marshmalware blasted win-O's cereal you got there.
>>
I want to buy a router. It will basically be used for a single room, so here are my requirements:

>what I need:
cheap
>what I want:
good LAN speeds
>what I don't need:
great range

Is this good or is it overkill: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00K0MJ8DS/
Or would something like this be good enough (assuming I'm ok with the lower lan speeds):
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B003Y5RYNY
>>
>>61561241
Do you not need wiki at all?
If you dont just get a switch and plug your modem in to it and the rest of your devices
>>
File: 364.png (3KB, 448x357px) Image search: [Google]
364.png
3KB, 448x357px
>>61560232
As a service technician for a company supporting around 20 companies in one city, working under two network engineers, what cert should I go for? Is security worth going for or can that be outsourced?
>>
>>61561005
I'm assuming the factory reset you mean is the one from recovery mode. Just did it and it didn't change anything.
What are the rules to install custom ROMs on nearly unsupported and undocumented devices? I'm afraid to try installing anything and end up bricking the thing because some unrelated thing happened to disagree with the hardware.
And what custom ROMs should I look into?
>>
>>61561320
Find your model on XDA. If it's not on there 9/10 I wouldn't try it. LineageOS is solid.
>>
>>61561159
Try uninstalling 971033 and see if that helps
>>
>>61560232
Any tips to improve battery life on Android smartphones? I am on Marshmallow and have Xposed installed, if that matters. I tried using Greenify and Amplify, but they didn't seem to do much.
>>
>>61561285
MCSE+CCNA. ignore the comptia certs.
>>
I'm about to finish a bachelors in math.

Thinking of applying for a master's in computer engineering.

Is it worth the investment?
>>
>>61561467
sweet am already studying for the CCNA.
>>
Storage-nut Anon from the last thread again.
Is the power supply something I should look into when upgrading a laptop HDD? For now I only want to swap one HDD with a bigger capacity one. Does the power supply even come into play? I don't see the power consumptions of the HDD on any of the seller sites.
>>
>>61561496
Get your CCNET first and then have the company pay for your ccna
>>
How do you message specific files in a git index?
Like if I've got 4 files ready to be committed, how do I commit specific ones with specific messages?
Or are you literally meant to add and commit file-by-file?
>>
>>61561516
Not an issue, no.
>>
>>61561540
Thanks.
>>
>>61560232
Why sound works great with Windows on my HP Slate 500 but on Bodhi/Debian it is shit and stuttering?
>>
>>61561353
I may have lied a little, it's not actually a phone, but a tablet.
It's also not on XDA. I'm not exactly surprised. Hell, I can't even find the stock proprietary ROM it uses.
The thing is fucked then? Is there no way to mock the SD in place of the dead storage?
>>
>>61560232
Quick question. Studying for CCNA. I want to be able to connect to my router using TELNET, SSH, or Serial to configure via PuTTY. However, I just have a cheap home router, Cisco RV130W, which does not have a console port. Is it possible to just do this using a standard ethernet cable CAT6 with an RJ45 head directly into the routing port? Or will I have to invest in a more enterprise level router to have a console port to connect directly through Serial?

All help is appreciated in advance, thanks.
>>
In C++, how can I make a string of floats of the form:
(x.xx, y.yy, z.zz)
?
Floats can't be implicitly converted to strings it seems and toString() kept all the trailing 0s.
>>
>>61561678
Not sure about the C++ way to do it, but you could always use sprintf.
>>
>>61561623
You may be able to telnet or SSH into it, but it's not running IOS, so not very relevant to what CCNA wants you to learn.
>>
>>61561525
They are paying for both of them. Well at least the first 2 attempts.
>>
>>61561595
Probably not. That's a weird problem. If an internal storage partition was legit missing, I would expect the device to not boot up at all. But if you can't find a way of making it reappear, I can't see how you'd get anything else to take its place. Most solutions for moving shit to external storage involve mapping it to folders on the existing internal storage via symlinks. Wouldn't help you much if there's nothing to map it to. Maybe dig around on google and see if anyone's encountered this problem before.
>>
>>61561678
sprintf(string, "(%1.2f, %1.2f, %1.2f)",x,y,z)
>>
>>61561588
>HP
proprietary driver
>>
File: file.png (124KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
124KB, 400x400px
Was DDR2 ever made in 256MB modules? The smallest I ever found was 512MB.
>>
>>61561267
I do need wifi (e.g. for phoneposting), I just don't need a house-sized range on it.
>>
>>61561588
>why does [everything] work like it should with Windows but it doesn't with linux
>>
Did I do good getting a galaxy S7?
>>
>>61561710
Yeah, I believe it was some shitty LinkSys design they bought of LinkSys at one point, or something. I will try to find an older model that runs IOS that someone is trying to get rid of on Craig'sList or something. That'll be better ultimately, I am sure. I just wanted to confirm there wasn't an alternate option. Thank you very much.
>>
Is there a way to automatically backup files like Windows 10 file history from one drive in a pc to another drive in the pc without using Raid?
One drive is an ssd and the other is an hdd so raid wouldn't be optimal from what I understand.
>>
>>61561864
FreeFileSync
>>
>>61561777
Yes.

see for example http://www.ebay.com/itm/256-MB-DDR2-RAM-1Rx16-PC2-4200U-non-ECC-Aeneon-AET560UD00-370A98Z-/182672228962?hash=item2a881d0262:g:hv0AAOSwDtpZbGqF
>>
File: popcorn.gif (3MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
popcorn.gif
3MB, 500x500px
>>61561906
Holy shit, so my 420 themed PC build is actually doable now. AMD 420e, Geforce GT 420, and 4.2(5) GB of RAM. Thank you.
>>
Is unRaid completely independent from traditional RAID solutions like 5, 6, 10, etc. or do you typically use them together? I'm looking into building a NAS but I'm a little unsure as to what unRaid's role is.
>>
980ti (used) vs 1050ti?
980ti (used) vs 1060?
Or w8 for Vega ?
I am using a 1080p and want over 50 fps on most games
>>
Got a pirated version of windows 8.1. Wanna buy just the license to activate it, not the software because I dont wanna do a clean install. How do i do that folks
>>
if I need to update my rooted phone do I need to unroot it first and then re root it after?
>>
>>61561723
That's the thing, I was just as confused when it happened.
For one, it was out of nowhere, apps that were on that storage (which acted as SD storage, so apps could be moved there) started crashing. Next thing I know is I reboot to see if it's fixed and now the whole partition is gone, just like that.
For two, it appears the main storage is still functional. That's it, just the one storage, the main one. I have no idea if that's where the OS is, but I imagine it has to since it wouldn't even boot otherwise like you said.
My only theory is the thing has two storage chips inside, and the secondary one, the one acting as the "big" storage for apps and whatnot, got fried.
I thought if that was dead then I could just replace it with an SD card. It makes sense, no?
Now what's left where the vanished storage used to show up in the settings menu is a Mount SD Card, which strangely enough isn't greyed out, as if the slot was being used, but the button does nothing anyway.
Apparently not, because despite having the SD slotted in, it doesn't let me access the gallery or the camera, and I can't move apps to it. It's like the SD only works to have raw files, and nothing else.
It's a really specific problem, and I've only found one or two topics in some bumfuck forums that say to "reformat the SD", or "make a factory wipe", or "reflash the device with the stock ROM it has". You can imagine I'm shit outta luck there.
What's pissing me off the most is not being able to download big apps to it even with the SD in it, it even has the audacity to go "Can't download app, insufficient storage available. Slot an SD card and try again", right there when the goddamned SD is in it.
Hell, some of them would even fit in the remaining functioning storage, but it doesn't like saving things there apparently. For big apps, it needs the dead "external" storage, and it can't be from an SD.
>>
File: 20170725_232637.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170725_232637.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
The green led light on my motherboard on when i put on power but for some reason it won't turn on when i hit the front panel power button.

I tired adjusting the front panel connectors on the motherboard but it still wont start. Does any have suggests to get it work?
>>
dyou guys know anything about using an external hard drive (like a fairly big one) with just a tv (no laptop/computer involved)?

ive got usb capability with my tv but it wont take anything with substantial storage and the layout/menu isnt great
>>
>>61562130
It doesn't matter if you buy it online or physically, you should always get the licence code which you can just enter in the control panel
>>
>>61562130
kinguin

>>61562206
I wouldn't update it unless you find an XDA guide covering the update. There's a good chance it will be permanently unrootable after the update
>>
>>61562023
UnRAID is an OS that includes software file based redundancy similar to RAID 3. You can run it on top of hardware traditional RAID implementations for better performance, but it's not really recommended for most uses.
>>
>>61562078
980Ti ~= 1070.

>>61562264
If you want more functionality, plug in a real computer, use a hard drive attached to that.
>>
What happens if I plug too many computers, space heaters, and refrigerators into the same wall outlet?
>>
>>61562264
It probably doesn't have enough power to run the drive. If the drive doesn;t have its own power cord you might have to run it through a powered hub. But attaching it directly to the tv is a shit solution in general. The player wont be great and a lot of filetypes wont be supported. Get some kind of a kodi box or streaming stick, or connect up a laptop or something.
>>
>>61562376
You'll blow the fuse and the power will go out.
>>
Hey, a relative gave me a smartphone which appears to be a Samsung Gaxy S (GT-I9000). What's the most FREE/Autistic thing I an flash to this while still having access to Google stuff like Viber? Searches say that it's CyanogenMod (and the phone is already running it), but that has been discontinued, and LineageOS doesn't have a version for this phone.
>>
>>61562213
Android has a system storage which remains 100% untouched except when you're flashing full system updates, and then the internal storage where everything else goes. I think your system storage is working like normal but you can't store anything because internal is gone. It was a major overhaul that made it possible for SD cards to replace internal storage in later versions, so if your internal chip is fried and you can't update I think your tab is probably perma-gimped
>>
>>61561893
Looks a bit sketchy to be honest, is it legit?
How intensive is it? Gonna be using it on my toaster laptop.
>>
My 2 drive synology is kicking the bucket I think..

I have a bunch of drives I dont want to toss out, considering building my own NAS this time instead of buying another synology.

I figure I can have it double as a HTPC. Anyways, its hard to find mobos that dont break the bank with 8+ Sata connections, should I bother with that?

Or Should I get a couple of these?
https://www.amazon.com/Mediasonic-ProBox-HF2-SU3S2-SATA-Enclosure/dp/B003X26VV4/

If I run the drives in software RAID 1 pairs, recovery should be easy in case the NAS itself dies, right?

How badly will the USB 3.0 enclosure gimp performance vs SATA for video playback and regular data transfer application?

>Not trying to game or do real time applications from those enclosures.
>>
If I wipe the hard drive on my computer, can I use the windows product key I had to install windows on another computer?
>>
>>61562531
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_Windows_software#File_syncing_tools

It has openCandy, but so does everything these days. Run the installer offline and you don't even have to uncheck shit during install. Very light. Installs two programs, one for manual jobs and the other for real time.
>>
>>61562555
No, unless it's a retail license.
>>
>>61562544
Easy solution for more SATA on a cheap motherboard is just add a PCIe SATA or SAS card.

USB 3.0 is fine too, it's faster than your network, so makes no difference for NAS use.
>>
>>61562555
Legally, if it's a retail license, yes, if it's an OEM license no. OEM license can usually be reused anyway if you do activation by phone and say you just swapped the motherboard.
>>
>>61562354
>plug in a real computer
what i guess im getting at is, at the moment ive got my laptop (along with the external drive) connected to the tv (via vga) which is great, at least on the laptop end
but say i want to change from watching 'tv' (programs etc) to my laptop, currently i have to use the tv remote
i mean this is a pretty ridiculous thing to be complaining about but it started me wondering about tv-laptop inter-connectivity as a whole
i guess im asking what the best way to 'integrate' a laptop and tv is

>>61562387
cheers, i'll look into the kodi/stick options
>>
Getting random internet traffic spikes. Been observing the task manager's network traffic graph for a while (inb4 "winblows," etc) and sometimes it just spikes up to 7 to 11mb/s, coming from only about 100kb/s.

It's making it hard to play muh gaymez because of sudden stalls.

I haven't installed anything dodgy or even downloaded anything recently, and I have common sense. Already scanned with Malwarebytes and nothing came up.

What could be causing this?
>>
Are there VPSs designed and priced for things like long term backups of small stuff? I'd love to find something cheap to backup maybe 500MB-1GB of small files, things like KeePass databases, a few text files of various notes, lists of my extra game keys I haven't given away, my tax papers, things like that. High uptime, low cost, storage, bandwidth, and CPU.
>>
>>61562605
cool, and as long as its software raid, recovery should be simple?

I was considering raid 5 for 4 disks but then just figured recovery might be a pain in the ass depending what the scenario is

also, I'm used to having an LED for each drive from the synology..

whats the best non-retard way to figure which drive is which? Other than ghetto method (write data to the disk and feel for vibration)..

say 3 years from now I see drive X has failed in the system, but I don't remember which physical drive that is
>>
>>61562666
Microsoft calling back home sending its hourly keylog back home
>>
>>61562626
>i guess im asking what the best way to 'integrate' a laptop and tv is

Add remote and receiver, run Kodi or similar media centre software.
>>
>>61562672
Recovery from what kind of failure?

What software?

Easiest way to identify drives is stick a sticker on them with the Disk n / /dev/sd? name your OS gives it.
>>
>>61562666
windows 10 is causing this
>>
>>61562672
>whats the best non-retard way to figure which drive is which
>ghetto
Nigga this isnt 1970's
Fuck actually master slave jumpers back then
NIgga this isnt the 1960's
They will have a header number based on what sata header they are attached too.
>>
>>61562683
cheers, i'll get reading
>>
>>61562682
I expected a reply like this.

>>61562702
It's never happened before today. I highly doubt it's just the OS.
>>
>>61562725
>I expected a reply like this.
Its the same reason the cpu and disk spike to 100% randomly.Its windows doing shit in the background
>>
anyone use 'image-expanding on hover' software (add-ons or whatever that'll let you see an image 'blown up'/expanded when you hover (like in 4chan) over it) (for firefox) that they'd recommend?
also, the same for videos (so it plays a video thats in a hyperlink or that youd have to click through to another page to watch it) and/or hyperlinks in general (gives a view of the page the hyperlink leads to)
thanks
>>
>>61562743
>It's never happened before today. I highly doubt it's just the OS.

Is there any way to pinpoint which program might possibly be doing this? I have wireshark but have no idea how to use it.
>>
>>61562705
master/slave jumpers first existed in 1986.
>>
>>61562695
>Easiest way to identify drives is stick a sticker on them with the Disk n / /dev/sd? name your OS gives it.
I read I should use mdadm w/ linux, I haven't decided the distro. I've never done this manually before, I had synology hold my hands before.

Considering possibly even just getting an intel NUC, though idk how well they hold up to 24/7 standby... when I'm not using it as a HTPC it would just be a webdav server for my calendar, and syncing documents across PCs
>>
File: 4me.png (796B, 32x65px) Image search: [Google]
4me.png
796B, 32x65px
>>61562754
Thank you for pointing out my point
Have a (You)
>>
Is there any way to take lower resolution pictures for better quality?
1920x1080 is more than enough for me. Instead I get 4160x3120 which is grainy as fuck because the sensor isn't big enough and gets too little light.
>>
File: setup.jpg (66KB, 760x504px) Image search: [Google]
setup.jpg
66KB, 760x504px
this is my ideal computer setup.

>one 21" 1080p 60hz for web browsing, etc
>one 25-27" 1440p 144hz for gamez
>standalone microphone boom
>large open desk with enough room for a large ATX case

1. If I plug in a 60hz and a 144hz into the same card, what would I have to adjust to use both at their natural refresh rates?

2. Where is the best place to look for a desk?

3. Is there a difference with microphone booms? Does anyone have any brands that I should strictly stay away from?

this is /sqt/, so no flaming
>>
>>61562597
>>61562618
Isn't windows 8.1 technically a different OS from Windows 8? What if I bought my computer with OEM windows 8 and it upgraded to windows 8.1?
>>
>>61561378
No one?
>>
To all of you often asking about some ideas for cool programming project. Why don't you just type "algorithms" in Google scholar, find a cool paper and implement them?
>>
>>61562823
That would make no difference of any kind.
>>
>>61562782
not 70s.
>>
>>61562544
Building a nas is easy, just make sure whatever case you get has plenty of spare bays for hdds. or plenty of USB 3 ports for external hdds. You probably know this but raid is NOT a backup solution, have backups of all your data in addition to the raid. Also investing in a UPS would be a good idea.
>>
>>61562815
1.no
2.ikea
3.the difference is its on a boom
>>
>>61562797
Resize the image, or set the lower size in camera. Both will generally look worse than using the full camera resolution and letting whatever software you're using to view the images do the resizing.

>>61562815
1. Nothing
2. Craigslist
3. No idea.

>>61562823
For licensing purposes you have the same rights for 8.1/10 as you did for the original 8, you don't get anything extra.
>>
>>61562993
Using Redmi Note 4 and I can't do it in default app.
Before I was using BenQ F5 and it let me change the resolution (which gave way better results).
2MP cameras when? The big numbers are only good for marketing. Who needs bigger resolution than full HD anyway?
>>
>>61563055
Use a different camera app.

Lower physical camera resolution is only useful when it's reducing dead area, 2MP is far below the sweet spot even on tiny ass cellphone cameras. Higher resolution physical camera and using fancy noise reduction and downscaling algorithms is more effective.
>>
>>61562797
You would have to buy a different camera that had bigger individual light sensors to begin with. Nothing you do is going to increase the amount of light an individual sensor receives. Your camera was gimped so that they could slap a higher megapixel label on it. You can try improving the lighting in the room, or see if you can clean it up in photoshop.
>>
>>61563124
>Use a different camera app.
They are all shit though.
>>61563128
It worked great on BenQ though.
>>
>>61562581
Cool, thanks. Bookmarking this wiki for the future.
>>
>>61563160
Open Camera works fine for me.

The Redmi Note 4 has same resolution and considerably bigger pixels than the F5 did.
>>
>>61561378
>>61562829
Install LineageOS with no gapps, use only F-Droid. Probably you won't need Xposed, already comes with many security features.

You'll see the change.
>>
>>61563160
Whatever the benq pulled off didn't involve increasing the light to individual pixels. Unless there's some weird shit like a whole second camera in there.
>>
>>61563195
And still is more grainy.
>>
>>61562989
In my case I have TB of files so kinda hard to have yet another backup, but in the case of text documents specifically, yes, those are synced on multiple separate devices.

think I wont have much issue with raid 5 with mdadm? Some of my drives are different sizes so I figure raid 1 is more simple even if I dont get as much usable space.
>>
is there anyway to remove activation lock on iOS devices?
>>
>>61563212
Then the F5 was doing crazy high noise reduction.
>>
>>61562511
Fuck my laifu.
I don't have money to get a new one and I kinda need it for convenience purposes.
Any budget tabs that I should look out for? I use it mostly for mobile working, but I also had some pretty intensive 3D games on it.
>>
>>61563195
>Open Camera works fine for me.
No resolution options, no shutter speed control.
It's shit.
>>
I've had this NAS, Zxyel NSA320S for several years now. I'd like to expand the storage to two 10TB drives in Raid 1. However the official support docs (which are old & not updated) list only the WD Red 6TB as highest supported (so 12TB total) Can this NAS take 10TB drives? I really don't want to fuck up/waste a perfectly good nas device.
>>
>>61563274
>No resolution options
scratch that
>>
>>61563274
It does have resolution.

Shutter speed options are only available if your phone includes it in the standard API, a lot of phones don't.
>>
File: IMG_9529.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9529.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
There is a coffee shop down the street from my apartments. I live in the third floor, but I don't exactly have a direct line of sight to the coffee shop (if I were to look directly at it there would be trees and a few other apartment rooms in the way) but what i want to know is, is there a way that I can mooch off the shop wifi from my home? I will look online too, but info is appreciated. I won't be able to reply to any posts after this, so just a quick bit of info would be really helpful, thanks lads.
>>
>>61563262
Tough call on the games. You'll have to look at their requirements. Even with the intensive 3D category there's a huge variance. Almost everything will work well on a good 2013 model. Something with a good snapdragon 600 or better.
>>
File: 1498617808617.jpg (208KB, 851x768px) Image search: [Google]
1498617808617.jpg
208KB, 851x768px
I have a GTX 1050ti and Sony Vegas Pro 11.0
Vegas recognized my GPU, however, rendering my videos with my GPU causes errors.
How can I fix this?
>>
>>61563292
Should work fine, but may not be able to attach all 4 screws to the drive if it uses the center position, that's missing on current high capacity drives.
>>
So I'm modifying a python 2 Tripcode finder. My question is, which would be better? having it randomly choose the length of the password or have it default to say, 10?
>>
>>61563326
Should be possible with a decent directional antenna.
>>
>>61563356
Shouldn't matter.
>>
>>61563160
Probably the increased resolution made the flaws more glaring. Or the filters it applies automatically aren't implemented as well at full rez. If you can find a way to output the raw image data without filters you can do a more direct comparison.
>>
>>61563390
Thanks
>>
If I use some form linux as a primary OS and win 10 on a VM
>will gaming performance be severely affected
>will win 10 telemetry know anything i do on linux
>>
>>61563326
why are you describing your location to it and line-of-sight, but not checking your fucking wifi connection and seeing if it has enough signal strength? What I mean is, can you use it when you are there? Can you connect to it as your apartment? If the answer to both those questions are "yes", then I don't see problem.
>>
>>61562225

Those lights typically indicate that the board has power, model?
>>
>>61563426
If you have a physical video card passed through to the VM then gaming performance will be pretty close to native.

Why would you leave telemetry on?
>>
I'm playing around with vlans on a hp switch, ive tagged 2 ports to be on the same vlan but no comms, should they or do i have a complete misunderstanding as to what tagged means?
>>
why does this return -1 in C99?

unsigned int num=0;
--num;

shouldn't it wrap around and generate the largest number unsigned int can hold?
>>
>>61563461
I wouldn't. You can never completely disable all of it.
>>
>>61563491
What's your return statement?
>>
why is there such a big push for "teach everyone how to program!" shit

isnt that technically hurting their job security? why wouldnt they just want it to remain as low key as possible
>>
>>61563526
just outputted the result with printf
>>
why do some people say that UEFI is botnet?
>>
How do I actually speed up my torrent download speed? Even shit with tons of seeders and no leechers still rarely manages to get above 400-500 KiB/s
>>
How do I increase the Raspberry Pi ram with vram?
>>
>>61563539
The specs seem too Microsoft friendly(especially with secure boot feature in UEFI)
>>
>>61563533
What's your printf statement then?

>>61563539
Most UEFI implementations with secure boot aren't very secure, and will only properly accept things signed by microsoft.
>>
>>61563557
printf("computed unsigned int limit: %d to %d\n", 0, intlimit3);
>>
>>61563436
It's a H81m-plus
>>
>>61563568
renamed intlimit3 to num in the post but the code references the right variable
>>
>>61563568
%d is signed, for unsigned you want %u.
>>
>>61563461
Also, If I pass through the video card, can it no longer be used on linux? If so, what if my CPU doesnt have integrated graphics?
>>
>>61563556
>>61563557
thanks
>>
>>61563539
Only useful benefit is to enable booting from 2TB+ drives. Seeing as how the SSD drive is all the rage for booting and standard hdd for everything else, having a UEFI mobo is kinda pointless.
>>
>>61563592
thank you
>>
>>61563599
Correct. You'd need a second video card.
>>
>>61563606
Every mainstream mobo since ~2010-2012 is UEFI
>>
File: file.png (645KB, 800x449px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
645KB, 800x449px
Where can I find a 420W ATX power supply? I really wanted to make a DUDE WEED LMAO themed build, but I can't seem to find any brand-new ATX PSUs, let alone from reliable brands. In fact, most seem to be replacements for prebuilt computers. Am I SoL?
>>
>>61563215
All of this post is wrong.
Do nothing you posted in this post,as its wrong.
Read up on raid and what it really is and how to implent it,cause it aint gunna work this way
>>
>>61563530
Because that is selfish antisocial behavior and some people like to pretend they are better than that.
Not that I agree with teaching everyone something. Making available the resources to learn, yes, wasting people's attention with something they'll never use, no.
>>
>>61563700
Don't think there have been any 420W PSUs intended for retail, just OEM. 430 is the closest standard size retail. So either look for the least dodgy OEM one, or make do with some other size.
>>
i just got a new monitor, and text on it looks really shit
i adjusted cleartype in the settings, but it didn't really change much, what am i missing?
>>
File: Concern.gif (1006KB, 498x281px) Image search: [Google]
Concern.gif
1006KB, 498x281px
Does the i5 7500 support Windows 7?
Can it be made to?
[spoiler]I really hope I haven't wasted my money[/spoiler]
>>
My LGA 1155 motherboard died, apparently those are as expensive as they were 5 years ago, what the fuck?

Is it even cost effective to buy a replacement?
>>
>>61563797
Is the resolution set correctly? Are any "enhancements" on the monitor switched off?

>>61563825
Officially no. You can make it work, but it's a bit annoying, you need to patch your win 7 installer to add the USB 3.0 drivers, you get windows updates blocked unless you work around it with a bit of a hack, you get no integrated graphics drivers.

Win 10 still installs and activates fine with license keys for 7 if you want to go that way.
>>
Is a home directory really needed?
>>
>>61563896
Partition*
>>
Im looking for a computer that can work under 90%+ Humidity for long periods of time, what should i look for?

While Thinkpads are splash resistant i doubt they are water and corrosion resistant.
>>
I have two old monitors I wanted to test to see if they'd be useful once I built a new computer. I could only test with a laptop which only has a VGA connector. The monitors looked like blurry AIDs and I was wondering if that was due to being connected with VGA or connected to a laptop. Would they probably look better when connected to a real GPU with DVI or something on a newer desktop?
>>
>>61563351
Read the errors
>>
>>61563879
>Is the resolution set correctly? Are any "enhancements" on the monitor switched off?
well i found a feature in the display settings that was upscaling text, however when I turn it off the text gets really tiny
>>
File: 1490055698966.gif (962KB, 245x213px) Image search: [Google]
1490055698966.gif
962KB, 245x213px
>>61563879
>you need to patch your win 7 installer to add the USB 3.0 drivers
I know that you can use MSI Smart Tool for the 3.0 drivers
For all the other drivers and updates you can download them manually from the corresponding websites right?
>>
File: so helpful.png (19KB, 376x142px) Image search: [Google]
so helpful.png
19KB, 376x142px
>>61564090
woooow
>>
>>61563342
Any recommendations?
My local markets are garbage (not a burger) and 95% of tabs they sell are generic things that I don't even think have a dedicated GPU.
Looking to not go too much over 100$, I'm willing to play those games in bare minimum settings if it saves me money.
>>
File: clip.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
clip.webm
2MB, 640x360px
So I youtube-dl in webm vp8 format.
I just realized dd is a pretty fast and easy way to cut 3mb from the video.
But the metadata or whatever is preserved, so 4chan still thinks the video is still 17minutes or whatever.
So is there a simple way to strip that out or make it report correctly?
ffmpeg -c:v copy works good, but seems like an unneccesary step.
>>
Does anyone know an app to unlock older phones via USB I have a Samsung a597 that has some important memories on it but I can't remember the screen lock password am I screwed?
>>
#include <stdio.h>

/* declare a sequence of constants */
enum colors { RED=1,YELLOW,GREEN,BROWN,BLUE,PINK,BLACK };

/* declare a custom type, of the enum colors type */
typedef enum colors COLORS;

/*declare a custom type of unsigned short int type */
typedef unsigned short int USHRT;

int main()
{
/*declare variables of the custom data types */
USHRT num = 16;
COLORS fingers = (COLORS) BROWN + PINK;

/* display the variable values */

/* display the value in the variable */
printf("values: %d %d\n", fingers, num);

return 0;
}

Returns invalid conversion from type int... reading a book that says this is supposed to work. What do?
>>
File: 5ssztdhkji9z.jpg (187KB, 648x1139px) Image search: [Google]
5ssztdhkji9z.jpg
187KB, 648x1139px
Is there a way that I can get/script i3 wm to automatically shift my workspace numbers when I close the last window on that workspace and leave it?
>>
>>61562752
anyone?
>>
Does Spotify have something in place to prevent this?
Let's say you have a paid subscription account, use some old smartphone with a decent amount of storage and sync the library and download everything to the mobile.
Then you turn off WiFi l/any Internet connection and stay in airplane mode forever. Now just unsub from Spotify and enjoy tons of music without paying a fee?
The obvious downside is you wouldn't he able to add anything new but regardless would this work?
>>
File: file.png (527KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
527KB, 1000x1000px
>>61563792
That's a damn shame, too. Well I'll look for the best PSU I can get, I already have an AMD 420e lined up and will stick a GT 420 in it. Thanks for the advice.
>>
I want some CS to put on my resume that I can just teach myself.
what kind of projects look the best on a resume? I feel like it's a dumb question and really broad but I want something to prove that I know enough to be of use. not just a self-made game or anything. what kind of knowledge is most useful, or shows that you can easily learn new things?
>>
>>61564433
They dont care about your github,only your degree
>>
i have a problem i need to solve
there is this shitty router that the cable company gave that cannot reliably penetrate 3 floors of a house, it is placed in the center of the house

is there a really good router i can buy that will overcome this issue, or should i trust in outlet adapters (ive had very bad experiences with this)

the 400 foot ethernet cable meme isnt viable either
>>
>>61564442
but degrees aren't useful if you can't do anything with what you know
>>
>>61564402
For that sort of system a kinda dodgy OEM supply would work fine.
>>
>>61563922
No, can have everything all in a single / partition if you like.

>>61564097
Which monitor is it?

>>61564099
Yep, except for integrated graphics, there aren't any proper 7 compatible drivers for that.
>>
>>61564486
Thats why you do shit so you can put your degree to use.Its up to you to educate your self.You should have learned shit with your degree.

They dont give a fuck about what applications or shit you've made,they only care about your potential on paper

Listen when i tell you, they dont give a fuck about your github, only what you can do for them when they hire you.If you never put your degree to good use when you were learning,you 're in for a field of shit friendo
>>
>>61564366
Your phone knows the subscription end date.
>>
>>61560232
https://pastebin.com/J4KNL5aL
What in this guide would cause an "insufficient blocks" error when downloading the system?
>>
Ram says it reaches 3200 mhz, motherboard info says it is compatible with 3200 mhz overclocked. But when I try to overclock the ram the system won't start.
What's the correct way to overclock ram? I'm using Ryzen 1700, Asrock b350 fatal1ty and Corsair Vengeance (cmu16gx4m2c3200c16r). Also tired with Ryzen Master but same shit happens.
>>
File: 1496910110791.gif (366KB, 400x328px) Image search: [Google]
1496910110791.gif
366KB, 400x328px
>>61564512
>Yep, except for integrated graphics, there aren't any proper 7 compatible drivers for that.
Right, not entirely sure what that means
I am planning to use it as a gaming pc so what what effect would that have exactly?
>>
>>61564512
>Which monitor is it?
u2515h dell
>>
>>61564515
>Thats why you do shit so you can put your degree to use
that's what I'm asking, like what kind of shit should I do? are you implying the only thing that matters is the fact I got a degree and a good GPA?
>>
Is learning plain TeX worth it if I want to do more advanced typesetting or should I just pick up some gui software. Is LaTeX good at doing anything but typesetting premade templates.
>>
File: file.png (180KB, 476x500px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
180KB, 476x500px
>>61564491
I found this baby on eBay, according to the seller it's brand new. I was also planning on seeing if I could overclock the CPU to 4.2 GHz and if I cound enable the disabled fourth core (it's marketed as a triple core, but they were apparently just insufficient four cores with the fourth one disabled), but I'm not sure if that would be a good idea with the no-name PSU and the Biostar motherboard I had to get.

Funny thing, I found this PC in the trash with a dual core athlon, 2 GB of DDR2 RAM, and some All in Wonder GPU. The motherboard had a blown capacitor, so I had to find another DDR2 AM2+ motherboard, and Biostar was the only one I got. This will literally become Theseus' computer.
>>
>>61564564
>what kind of shit should i do
The kind of shit you want to do in the job you are applying for.
You can be a general wagecuck codemonkey rather easily.
>degree,gpa
Yes
>>
>>61564248
Is USB debugging turned on? Do you have a custom recovery? In either of these cases adb will work.
>>
>>61564279
There are probably a bunch in userscripts.org, I remember using one years ago.
>>
>>61564442
As an HR filter, sure. If that is the case for the hiring manager it sounds like a pretty shit place to work.
>>
>>61564528
People get around stuff like that on Windows by turning back the system time?
>>
>>61564583
Wouldn't expect it to last forever or to fail in a safe way when it does die, but should be sufficient.

Hitting 4.2GHz on that athlon is very unlikely, expect more like 3.5-3.7.
>>
>>61564464
Just run a cable ya dingus.
>>
>>61564659
Welcome to this millenia,thats how shits been for ever. They arent going to spend 5 minutes looking at your github,because 1 they dont know shit about,they cant read code anyhow,2 if they spent 5 mintues on every person thats countless hours wasted on crawling codee sites
>>
>>61564567
>Is learning plain TeX worth it
No
>should I just pick up some gui software
If your are not going to be doing typesetting often for some time then learning latex isn't worth it.
> Is LaTeX good at doing anything but typesetting
Not really
> premade templates.
You can make your own too!
>>
File: file.png (437KB, 656x543px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
437KB, 656x543px
>>61564685
Apparently some Norwegian guy got it to go over 4.2, so maybe it is doable.

http://hwbot.org/submission/2445302_knopflerbruce_cpu_frequency_athlon_ii_x3_420e_4227.74_mhz

Not gonna risk it, though, but it'd be hilarious to get it to work. Maybe I could slap some DUDE WEED LMAO stickers on it and green LED fans and see if I can offload it on craigslist for 420 bucks.
>>
File: CLVkrYEUsAE_cwE.jpg (27KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
CLVkrYEUsAE_cwE.jpg
27KB, 599x337px
What's a good web template for making collaborative entry style writing?
>>
Do win32gui python methods only apply to windows created by that library, or can I use it on any open application?
I'm wanted to use GetPixel() to identify when a dota 2 match is found but I don't see a way to get the window handler if it has one, which is needed as a parameter to give window context. (I actually don't understand what a window handler is very well an explanation would also be appreciated.)
>>
should i use windows 10 enterprise?
>>
>>61565177
No you should use Linux.

Now jokes off.
Do you need a Windows 10 feature and there is no way to install 7?
Yes, 2016 LTSB or LTSB N will work.

Otherwise, install 7 Ultimate.
>>
>>61565204
Adobe and Autodesk and other Xclusive tools force me to use it sort of, what's the difference from server to enterprise?
>>
>>61565177
I gave it a shot, but as a dev who has to maintain a microsoft stack, windows 10 is just obnoxious for power-use. Stick with 7.
>>
>>61565248
Server, as the name says is used for servers.
Enterprise is what you need if you want your average windows OS but in the case of windows 10 "full" control of it.
>>
>>61565251
i'd love to stick with 7 or just change to loonix but workwise (i work on multimedia, not much coding) it isnt plausible anymore (maybe adobe and others revoked their statements of being for 10 only? i'll have to re-check)
>>61565275
yeah enterprise sounds like the best i have to work with, i'll recheck if 7 ultimate is still possible

thank you anon (or anons)
>>
Is there a laptop cooler that uses USB C to power a USB hub?
>>
>>61565067
use pyautogui instead, though its twice as garbage and slow, it at least isnt win32gui
>>
How do I edit torrents' trackers en masse? Or just add trackers? I only need 5 trackers so one tracker at a time will also do.
I need a copy of the updated torrent—uTorrent doesn't cut it.
Linux or wangblows, CLI or TUI or GUI, anything goes.
>>
>>61565535
You can do this in qbittorrent
Just select all the torrents and go to the tracker tab and hit enter, enter them in he box an then hit add
>>
So guy from earlier with the tripcode finder, So which would be faster, having this code
pass=''
length=random.randint(1,10)
for x in range(length):
pass= pass +random.choice('abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ1234567890') ##It choose one(1) of those characters in that string

And letting it repeat till it finds the tripcode we're looking for, or having it put the previous passwords in a list, letting the list get increasingly huge until it finds the trip, So saying that the trip is the very last tripcode found, the list would be 31,469,973,260,387,937,525,653,122,354,950,764,088,012,280,797,258,232,192,163,168,247,821,106,200,000,000,000,000
>>
File: 1498275929302.jpg (214KB, 914x484px) Image search: [Google]
1498275929302.jpg
214KB, 914x484px
>>61562762
I'd like to barge in for a second. What you're calling Linux, is in fact, Gahnoo/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU + Linux. Linux is not an operating setup by itself, but in reality another free piece of a entirely functioning setup turned practical by the GNU core libraries, term utilities and necessary setup components completing a whole operating setup.

Quite a few computer holders operate a changed edition of the setup daily, without knowing. Through a strange turn of events, the edition of GNU which is widely utilized now is often called "Linux", and a substantial number of its holders do not know that it is practically the GNU setup.

There is in fact a Linux, and this population are indeed using it, but it is a part of the setup . Linux is the base, the part of the setup that sends the machine's services to the different sections of the machine. The base is a necessary part of an operating setup, but cannot work on its own; it can only function in the shadow of a fully developed operating setup. Linux is normally utilized in combination and the GNU operating setup, the entire setup is practically an operating setup and Linux added, or GNU/Linux. Every one of the alleged "Linux" developers are developers of GNU/Linux.
>>
File: 1492418822584.jpg (9KB, 391x235px) Image search: [Google]
1492418822584.jpg
9KB, 391x235px
>>61563599
Linux isn't an OS unto itself, but rather another free portion of a completely operational GNU setup made of service by the GNU libraries, terminal tools and vital setup components completing an entire OS.

There is in fact a Linux, and these people are indeed using it, but it is simply a part of the setup . Linux is the core; the part of the setup that sends the machine's supply of assets to the different sections of the machine. The core is an essential part of an OS, but cannot work on its own; it is only operational in the structure of a fully developed OS. Linux is often utilized in combination and the OS; the fully developed setup is basically GNU and Linux added, or GNU+Linux. Every one of the alleged "Linux" releases are releases from GNU+Linux.
>>
>>61565812
cont
would have (the number) entries.
also the comment in the code should be
##It choose one(1) of those character in that string ever loop
>>
File: 1498967235546.jpg (106KB, 816x475px) Image search: [Google]
1498967235546.jpg
106KB, 816x475px
>>61565535
What you're calling Linux, is really, Gahnew with Linux, or as I have of late taken to calling it, Gahnoo plus Linux. Linux is not an OS on its own, but actually another free piece of a completely operational setup fashioned into something proper by the Guhnew core libraries, terminal facilities and essential setup components completing an entire OS.

By a strange series of events, the edition which is broadly installed now is often called "Linux", and a substantial number of its holders do not know that it is in actuality the GNU setup.

There is in fact a Linux, and these people are indeed using it, but it is a part of the setup they are using. Linux is the kernel, the piece of the setup that gives out the machine's assets to the other parts of the system. Every one of the "Linux" devs are devs of GNU with Linux.
>>
how is the webdev market?

im gonna have my CS bachelors in 2 semesters, and as far as i know there isnt a single non-elective class that focuses on webdev. should i even bother learning js/css/etc on my own or is it just pajeet shit? all of our projects are done in c/++ or java
>>
>>61565812
I'm actually stupid, that number should be
>3628800
I think
>>
>>61565901
yes, learn js. This is where the demand is. C++ and Java teach you concepts that you can use anywhere.

I'd rather kill myself than be an enterprise Java developer.
>>
File: 1470349159783.jpg (178KB, 1011x1170px) Image search: [Google]
1470349159783.jpg
178KB, 1011x1170px
iPhone 6 wifi occasionally goes gray after idle, but it continue working if I'm constantly using it (to recover I usually have to reboot the device once or twice). Is this a hardware fix or is something wrong with my settings? The phone's out of warranty, am I fucked? Or should I try a private repair shop?
>>
>>61563208
I'm too heavily invested in using gapps to not use them. Is there an alternative?
>>
When I create a sharable link for a file on Google Drive, is my personal account tied to that link in any way?
>>
Yesterday I asked about how to recover lost files from an internal partition on an android phone, one anon recommended to dd the partition and netcat it to my computer and then photorec it. I did that following an xda guide, the guide mentioned naming the output image whatever.raw

My question is, is the .raw file extension the same as .dd ? Can I just rename my .raw to .dd or whatever photorec asks to and hope it works? Because the xda guide mentioned converting the .raw image file to a .vhd although it seems unnecessary to me if photorec can access it directly. Afaik what dd did was basically a byte per byte copy of it
>>
>>61565586
Not only does it not let me add a tracker for ALL torrents at once, it also doesn't save an updated copy. Magnet links don't count.

>>61565863
https://pastebin.com/J0KXzjMx
>>
I changed the about:config settings to what's on the /g/ wiki for firefox

Now on 4chan the post links become scratched through if I hover over them.

I tried going back and changing the about:config settings but I still can't get it to work
>>
Which FTP client will let me send files that begin with a space without renaming them?
Fillezilla sadly doesn't let me to do it.
>>
Whats a good, free piece of video editing software? I just want to do basic shit like clip raw gameplay and overlay with audio
>>
>>61566662
Shotcut.
>>
Do there exist combination footrest-power-strips?
>>
>>61566428
>naming the output image whatever.raw
This is literally arbitrary. changing the extension isn't going to change the format of the data (raw block data)
>>
>>61566699
All of them.
>>
>Use OBS to record playing games with friends
>Everything sounds fine audio is great
>Only problem is my mic sounds lower and "behind" everyone elses

What should I tinker with to change this?
>>
>>61566970
increase mic volume
>>
File: obs64_2017-07-26_00-44-52.png (4KB, 312x149px) Image search: [Google]
obs64_2017-07-26_00-44-52.png
4KB, 312x149px
>>61567060

B-but it's maxed...
>>
whats the best tool to make webms or gifs of youtube videos
>>
>>61567101
click gear -> filters -> gain
or decrease desktop volume
>>
File: 1495512527370.jpg (98KB, 999x999px) Image search: [Google]
1495512527370.jpg
98KB, 999x999px
What standalone flash player just werks perfectly for everything?
>>
>>61567206

5db should be good I think.

Thanks m8
>>
I'm looking to buy an extremely inexpensive prebuilt and I figured reinstalling windows 10 on it will get rid of the bloat software.
Are the oem w10 keys stored on the mobo or do I have to get a key-finder software to get it before I reinstall?
>>
File: specs.png (39KB, 888x630px) Image search: [Google]
specs.png
39KB, 888x630px
One thing I notice with all of my games is that all of them pause briefly before loading new areas or voice dialog. The gameplay will stop for a full second, load what needs to be loaded, then continue. This occurs in basically all games, as well as emulators.

What is the cause of this? Pic related is my Speccy.
>>
if i updated my bios and suddenly virtualization refuses ti turn on should i roll it back or update to the now newest bios?
>>
I've been using Bluestacks recently.
There's a certain game that I like to play, but here's the thing. Sometimes, the image freezes. The game keeps running, the sound keeps playing, but the image itself stops refreshing.
It happens at complete random, I have no idea why it happens in the first place, and to make it even more inexplicable, it doesn't always happen.
Sometimes I can go an entire day where it doesn't do it at all, sometimes it does it but gets fixed after changing the render type from OpenGL to DirectX and then back, sometimes it does it regardless of restarts or attempted solutions, and sometimes it still does it after a full reboot of my PC.
I already sent a support request to see if they even get back.

Anyone experienced something similar to this?
>>
>>61567267
fuck you let flash die for christ sake learn to make you animu bullshit in another language
>>
>>61567194
please anybody?
I've stuck using imgr for gifs, and sharex trying to capture the screen for webm and even then sizes are too big.
>>
>>61567553
dont use bluestacks
>>
>>61567570
Ok, what's the alternative then?
>>
>>61567554
My porno and video game addiction cannot be denied.
>>
>>61567581
use your phone
>>
>>61567582
99 percent of pornsites use HTML 5 now and play real games not shitty flash games
>>
>>61567589
The point of using an emulator is not killing my battery and having marginally better performance.
>>
>>61567605
I bet you stream your entertainment.
>>
Lenovo ThinkPad Mini Dock Series 3

real stupid question, does the power button on the dock act as a replacement on/off for the laptop ?
>>
>>61567631
what game?
duel links?
>>
>>61567645
if you are not streaming your porn why do you need flash? use fucking MPV

and playing flash games IS streaming them
>>
>>61567682
Need for Speed No Limits.
Yes, I like cars. No, I have not spent single cent on it.
>>
>>61567712
there are many MANY need for speed games for PC why are you emulating a phone app?
>>
>>61567712
I haven't played that game.
I haven't had problems with bluesstacks, maybe try another version or reinstall?
You could also try NOX.
>>
>>61567730
Because it's a fun timewaster and I like collecting cars.

>>61567752
I've actually had to reinstall both Bluestacks or the game a couple times because the freezing gets so constant and bad there's just about nothing else I can do.
That does remedy it for some time, but it eventually starts happening again, no exception.
How's Nox? Is it similar in performance? Does it support keyboard binding layouts to control touches and swipes on the screen?
>>
>>61567815
Forgot how nox is like but it's pretty similar I'm pretty sure you can map layouts and stuff, I've never used but I'm sure I've seen the option to do so.
>>
File: large.jpg (36KB, 362x275px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
36KB, 362x275px
>>61567194
Anybody?
I'll get made fun of for poor quality gif and webms
>>
>>61567851
https://gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter
>>
>>61567838
Guess I can try it. Might as well, I'm getting real pissy with this freezing and I won't lose anything. Maybe I'll even like it more.
I thought this new Bluestacks 3 revision would do away with the problem, but it actually got worse.
>>
File: 1497716530621.jpg (25KB, 445x553px) Image search: [Google]
1497716530621.jpg
25KB, 445x553px
>>61567875
thanks anon
>>
>>61567752
>nox
>literally cant use your physical keyboard

how can something possibly be WORSE than bluestacks?
>>
I'm trying to installl Debian on an extra laptop and anytime I start the installation process(graphical or normal installer) the menus get all glitchy and they stretch across the top half of my screen.Help.
>>
>>61568031
Not sure about your problem but if you have a live disk you can boot into you can install to harddrive with debootstrap https://wiki.debian.org/Debootstrap
>>
File: adamagedpepe.jpg (58KB, 900x623px) Image search: [Google]
adamagedpepe.jpg
58KB, 900x623px
How do I set up my own SIP Trunk?
>>
I've made some dumb mistakes with hex math and even with practice I'm not getting this one.
Two's comp, 8 bits:
Find c = a-b, if a=0xc0 and b=0x40.
Why is the answer 0x80?

0xc0 = 1100 0000
flip bits, add 1:
0100 0000 -> 4 0
so 0xc0 = - 4 0 base 16

So would it be -40base16 minus 40base16?

I get that C - 4 = 8 but if it's set at 8 bits and the leftmost bit is 1, that means C0 is negative, right?
>>
I know there's a workaround for nvidia graphics cards for VM passthroughs, but is SLI supported?
>>
>>61568259
why the hell is nvidia trying to block passthrough in the first place it makes no fucking sense
>>
are black people human?
>>
>>61568313
yes
fuck off back to /pol/
>>
>>61568285
some sort of collusion with microsoft maybe
>>
>>61560232
Can I keep playing for 6~7 hours straight on 70ºC? Stuck on stock cooler and shitty pasta for a week
>>
>>61568338
i dont even see why Microsoft would want to stop it where is the profit?
>>
How do i get gvim working with msys2?
>>
File: 1498000514400.png (70KB, 416x351px) Image search: [Google]
1498000514400.png
70KB, 416x351px
What's the best resourse for learning everything there is to know about computers? I want to engage in the day to day conversations on this board but know nothing about the technical aspects of computer parts, and every time I try and brush up on wikipedia it seems like I'm just sifting through article after article.
>>
>>61568347
mac and linux users are the ones using VMs most often. usually to run windows games and programs. would you bother dealing with a jew spyshit os when you could just run it in a VM? you wont even see the shitty trial desktop assuming you just use it to game.
>>
File: 1499098181975.jpg (78KB, 500x709px) Image search: [Google]
1499098181975.jpg
78KB, 500x709px
after bearing the pain of being completely useless for a long time when you go completely numb and don't feel motivated to do anything. Is that depression?
>>
>>61568341
Its a 4170 + rx470 by the way.
>>
>>61568470
Wanna be friends with me? No homo
>>
Is Bitlocker sufficient against two bit criminals or is it useless?
>>
What is the best gba emulator for android? Is myboy the only one that's good?
>>
>>61568470
that's what I call mine, depression
>>
>>61560232
Can I run a magma email server on a Raspberry Pi 2? Is OpenBSD fine?
>>
>>61568359
wiki.archlinux.org
>>
>>61568650
Retroarch with one of the GBA cores.
>>
I created a rar file with a password a long ass time ago. I know the 10 words that form the pass but I forgot in which order I put them.
What's the easiest way to crack this file?
I tried a bunch of programs but none seemed to behave like I expected them to, including when I tried to use a dictionary for the cracking attempt
>>
Is it legally/morally ok to take open source projects other people released to public domain and sell them elsewhere with only very minor changes claiming them to be my own?
>>
>>61568991
no and no, but it happens
>>
>>61568978
You want something that will do a wordlist attack and then generate a wordlist with all the permutations of your words
This still leaves you with 3.6 million odd combinations to try
>>
Game I want to preorder on Amazon but it's not showing the 20% prime discount yet, assuming they're gonna add it on later but if I preorder now will I still get the 20% discount if they add it onto the store page after my preorder? Don't want to get diddled here.
>>
>build new PC
>triple-check connections
>lights come on on the GPU so I know that and the PSU are fine
>no MOBO lights at all
Safe to say MOBO is DOA?
>>
>>61569102
>preordering
y tho
>>
>>61569142
Which motherboard?
>>
>>61568470
>Is that depression?
Early stage.
Real depression is a feeling of being hollowed out.
>>
>>61569166
GA-AB350-Gaming 3
>>
>>61569142
put the mobo speaker and see if anything beeps
>>
>>61569162
Why not? Not like they charge you until they ship it anyway, and if you don't preorder it how they gonna get it to you by release day? Heaven forbid I have to actually leave my house to get something.
>>
>>61569178
>VRMs exposed
>That phase
That is one shitty motherboard but if it was cheap and you wont OC it is fine.
Do you have a button speaker? usually most cases come with one.
Do fans stay on?
>>
>>61569197
Because preorders incentivize shitty unfinished releases
>>
>>61569208
Fuck, I want to OC. I guess I made a mistake, I'll go buy a better one. The fans don't even start.
>>
>>61569222
If I thought the game wasn't gonna be good I wouldn't preorder it obviously...

Also almost all games I buy physical are weeb stuff so the game has already been released in another language for months or longer, not as much chance of that kind of shenanigan being pulled. Otherwise I usually just get stuff on Steam or whatever, since I don't really care to have a physical box if it don't have cute anime girls on it.
>>
>>61569225
Here is a tip, if you see your motherboard only has one heatsink instead 2 and the rest is exposed, its a shitty one for overclocking.
>>
>>61569283
What board would you recommend? Should I get an X370? They aren't that much more expensive.
>>
What's the best way to view webMs in Safari on MacOS?
>>
>>61569293
Under the B350 chipset B350 GAMING PRO CARBON.
>Why?
Its explained here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGrxhf_xZWI
X370? i cant tell honestly.

Maybe
>>>/g/pcbg can help you.
>>
>>61569330
They make an X370 Pro Carbon, do you think that's just as good?
>>
File: 1494758988406.jpg (2MB, 1557x2727px) Image search: [Google]
1494758988406.jpg
2MB, 1557x2727px
>>61569341
It is good, but the problem is, is it the best? there may be better motherboards for the same price.
>>
>>61569374
Looking around I think it is, thanks for the help and the image guide.
>>
Which books/online tutorials are good to learn Java? I want to study in advance for university.
>>
>>61569396
Well looking that your motherboard is giving you problems to even POST you should have no problems with RMA, you could ask them for a refund and tell them you will buy another motherboard from them.
If you used Amazon it will be easier.
Remember to clean the old paste of the CPU if you change it.

But your current motherboard should work, you must have done something wrong while building it if the GPU turns on but the rest doesn't.
>>
>>61563326
Cantenna
>>
>>61569423
I'm past RMA time so I'll just lose the money. The GPU doesn't turn on, just the light that shows the power cables are plugged into it.
>>
>>61569433
Could you post a picture of your case?

>I'm past RMA time so I'll just lose the money.
Really? for how much time you had the motherboard? usually RMA time limit is 1 month, then 1 year for defects.
>>
>>61569440
Bought it from Newegg like 40 days ago, says it's ineligible for refund. I'm not at home right now so I can't post a picture, but I have the 8 and 24 pin power connecters in.
>>
File: Alien Isolation - Apollo.jpg (1MB, 2160x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Alien Isolation - Apollo.jpg
1MB, 2160x2160px
I have a laptop that was dropped by my mother while being a retard in the airport. The screen was damaged in the fall but was replaced. It now BSOD loops when booting into Windows (7). A fresh 7 install is stable but installing the onboard graphics drivers causes the BSOD loop to return.

- Is the onboard graphics chip toast and I should just write the laptop off?
- Is there another possible explanation?
- Should I trade this in to Best Buy and if so should I worry about them giving me shit later?
>>
>>61569481
Did you connect the F_Panel cables correctly?
Most cases come with a small speaker, connect it, it will make a sound based in what is wrong.
>>
>>61569483
Boot into Linux and check for stability problems.
Just use Linux Mint if you dont know what use.
>>
>>61569490
I even tried the method where you connect the power pins with a screwdriver, nothing. There are 4 LEDs that are supposed to come on when you turn on the PSU, they don't come on, which makes me doubt the speaker will get any power.
>>
>>61569505
As long the 24 pin cable is connected it will.
>>
>>61569513
Even if the board doesn't work?
>>
File: 2012-09-11_085535_mbspk.jpg (11KB, 650x433px) Image search: [Google]
2012-09-11_085535_mbspk.jpg
11KB, 650x433px
>>61569517
Yes, that is what POST is for, still you need a speaker connected to the motherboard F_Panel (Not the 3.5mm slot).

It should look like this.
>>
>>61569526
I'm not sure if it even came with one, but I'll try.
>>
For anyone who's sold something on ebay, I have a question. I have something up for bids on it right now (Resident Evil 4 on the Gamecube), I'm kind of regretting it though and want to keep it. When the bidding is over can I just tell the guy that I wanna keep it and refund his money or do I have to give him it?
>>
>>61560232
Why is Ryzen 3 SMT disabled? The second cores don't exist so how can they be gone and why can't it be turned back on?
>>
What could i do with a old gtx 460?
Hcpc? Or just a old games box for games before 2010?
>>
>>61569609
Pls respond. I don't know what I was thinking putting this game up.
>>
My pc was having a boot loop problem some time. So i decided to unplug and replug the ram into another slot.
Since then mu pc has been working fine for last 2 months. I've started putting my pc to sleep instead of turning it off now and what i've noticed sometime is that it sound like its does one boot loop/fail then starts up fine. I just ignored it thinking maybe I just didn't notice it before.
Now this morning i woke my computer from sleep and it started a boot loop for like a minute or 2. I switched it off because I had to go to work.
Any idea what could be going on? I'll try replugging the ram again or reseting my motherboard but I think one of my components could be failing. My ram is my newest thing really. Like 1-2 years old so i dont think it's that
>>
After trying many languages i think i want to improve my knowledge of C# and C++.
What sources would you recommend?
learncpp.com is very good, but i'm looking for something more advanced, that explains how to take advantages of the features provided by the standard library (or the C# framework).
Also i'd like to be able to effectively organize the codebase of a multiplatform application.

What did you use to git gud?
Both books and websites are fine, i don't mind paying if you think it's worth it.
I found a book, "the c++ programming language" by the creator of c++, is that enough to gain a deep (theoretical) knowledge of the language?
>>
>>61569174
>feeling of being hollowed out.
isn't that what i said
>>
>>61561942
could also have cheated slightly and set an OS level memory limit of 4.20GiB
>>
>>61569770
It depends. some games are really low on graphical performance like you could play DMC or dragons dogma on relatively low settings( I'm using intel 4400 intergrated graphics on my i5 4440)
I'm sure people have online lists of low performance games out there
>>61569816
I've never sold but i'm pretty sure ebay has some clause to stop people from retracting on things that you put up for bids. Selling and bidding are really different things. Maybe if the guys kind enough you could facilitate refunding.
Sorry buddy. but good luck
>>
>>61564553
If you are using a dedicated GPU, none. Except that you don't really have the option of using your integrated graphics alongside it for things like extra monitors/GPU passthrough etc.
>>
New
>>61570051
>>61570051
>>61570051
>>
Im on windows and im having a problem with having Bluetooth and wifi turned on at the same time.

What would happen if i uninstalled the drivers for both and rebooted my pc?
Will i still be able to use them?
>>
>>61560379
//Each vector has, at least, an X and Y value.
//Default Constructor
//Return the vector as a string

Annoying. Would request subordinate to not do this.

Besides your code doesn't really do anything complex, which is where the difference between a good commentator and a bad commentator are clear.

A good commentator leaves comments describing quirks of business logic, syntactical trickery, around complex operations and generally where things are non-obvious. A bad commentator leaves no comments or the absolute minimum he can.

The worst commentators spray the code with green slashes like a firehose.
Thread posts: 364
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.