[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AMD leaves hawaii owners in the oven.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: amdqualitysealofapproval.png (116KB, 1175x797px) Image search: [Google]
amdqualitysealofapproval.png
116KB, 1175x797px
Why is this allowed?
>>
>>61553306

Forgot source, because I'm a faggot.

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=AMD-Grenada-Linux-2
>>
>>61553306
nobody ever obligated ayymd to support linoox autism playground, just like templeos and other autism-tier hobby systems.
So
>why is this allowed?
that's why.
>>
>>61553306
>linux doesn't work with AMD GPU
>linux doesn't work with Nvidia GPU
>linux only works with Intel GPU

The reasons not to use linux far outweigh the reasons to use linux.
>>
>>61553306
>Why is this allowed?
Because there are no games on Loonix worth playing.
>>
>>61553369
only for gaymen though
>>
>>61553344
>Templeos
>Hobby
CIA nigger detected
>>
>>61553306
That driver has nothing to do with AMD, dumb Windows Pajeet. Stick to what you know.
>>
>>61553306
>buy top gaymen 300W housefire GPU
>install linux just to shitpost and rice desktop
just use HD Graphics, god damn.
>>
>>61553306
>linux
found the problem
>>
>>61553369
>using proprietary driver
>>
>>61553479

This isn't just the closed one, its generally the kernel side of linux. r9 300 series will simply black screen in any distro running 16.04 till they fix it.
>>
I have used a 280x on linux not long ago.

I have experienced that my performance would only be on par with Windows on desktop when using Wayland with GNOME. KDE was the optimal desktop for me but I couldn't get it to work smoothly because I would have to disable composition and honestly it's a fucking bunch of drop shadows, how is it not able to handle them?

In any case I think performance overall is very subpar with this GPU on linux and I'll be sure to buy nvidia next, for I don't care about proprietary shit, just to get shit working.

Oh and amdgpu was slower
>>
File: linux desktop.jpg (206KB, 1253x866px) Image search: [Google]
linux desktop.jpg
206KB, 1253x866px
>>61553306
>loonix
It's fucking nothing.
>>
>>61553495
so it's an ubuntu thing
>>
Because Grenada linux has a market share of 0.00001%

Meanwhile windows is up at 75%.
>>
>>61553369
>>linux doesn't work with AMD GPU
It does and it's awesome, ask my RX480
>>linux doesn't work with Nvidia GPU
Yes, because they're cucks that don't give a fuck about doing something for it. The kernel can't just support a GPU, the manufacturer has to make or at least help to make the fucking drivers
>>
Linuxcucked again
>>
>>61553780
>75%.
It's closer to 90% if you just count desktop
>>
>>61553453
>expecting clappers to use logic
>>
>>61553448
Wrong. The issue as outlined in the article is something that affects all Grenada cards using the amdgpu kernel driver, which is being developed by AMD themselves. And amdgpu-pro is also affected by this.

t. AMD Radeon R9 390 Owner.
>>
>>61553747
It's the amdgpu kernel driver. Affects every distro.
>>
>>61554358
>AMD owner
You have only yourself to blame.
>>
>AMD Linux drivers are fine
>No reason to ever use Nvidia for Linux
>>
>amdpajeets defending thier shit company
like clockwork
>>
>>61556395
>company
That's a weird way to spell cult.
>>
>>61556390
The Nvidia open source drivers don't even come close to AMDGPU as a whole even if some cards don't work properly on it.
>>
>>61556496
Why would anyone use Nouveau when the proprietary drivers are so good though?
>>
>>61556595
Please refer to the sticky and especially contemplate the attached image of RMS.
>>
>>61556670
I don't care about FOSS or GNU memes, I use Linux because it's better than Windows. If BSD, Mac, Linux, Windows or even AmigaOS did what I wanted it to do the best, I would use it. I'm more sympathetic to BSD anyway because of the license, don't like GPL, GNU or Stallman at all.
>>
>>61557042
And that's alright. Some people do care though and because of that they will use the FOSS drivers. With AMD you aren't really sacrificing much for following your ideals anyway.
>>
>>61554369
you said 16.04 .
what are you on?
>>
>>61553369
>own GTX 560 Ti
>works perfectly with proprietary driver
>upgrade to RX 470
>works perfectly with the free amdgpu driver
>get laptop with Intel integrated graphics
>constant image corruption and other glitches
>>
File: 1500514601432.png (84KB, 653x726px) Image search: [Google]
1500514601432.png
84KB, 653x726px
>>61556362
>>
>>61553369

Run a windows vm and block its access to the internet. Muh games can go in there.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.