[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Electric toothbrushes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: 11-electric-toothbrushes1.jpg (81KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
11-electric-toothbrushes1.jpg
81KB, 630x420px
I have been drinking around 3 cups of coffee every day for the past five years and now have traffic light yellow teeth no matter how frequently I brush them. My only choice is to bleach them or gradually remove the stains using an electric toothbrush.

Does anyone on /g/ own an electric toothbrush?
What brand/product do you recommend? Oral-B or Sonicare?
I'd like to spend less than $150.
>>
Use a straw and use hydrogen peroxide
>>
>>61550715
Can you use a straw with coffees?
>>
Sonicare is a step above other mechanical shit, which just sort of rotate their heads back and forth with a motor--sonicare uses an electromagnet to vibrate the bristles *really* fast, comparatively. It's enough to blast shit right out from between teeth. Makes your mouth feel insanely clean, but it can feel pretty rough on your gums at first.

Also, you gotta change the heads fairly regularly, they lose stiffness and don't clean effectively, and you don't really notice until you swap them out and feel the difference. I've also had bad luck with the cheaper generic heads, they often don't fit snugly on the handle and buzz loudly/etc.
>>
You could brush thrice daily for 10 years and you'll still have those nasty bean teeth. You'll need hardcore dental work if you want pearly whites

t. Neglectful retard who happened to get good dental insurance
>>
>>61550725
what did he mean by this
>>
>>61550725
Get a metal straw if you drink it hot

>>61550758
Plastic melts
>>
>>61550708
I doubt its from coffee.

I asked my dentist about it the other day and she said that staining from coffee comes off really easily, they can just polish it off.

Staining from smoking however tends to be much harder to get rid off and tea I think it also worse
>>
>>61550715
Fuck off with your CRYSTAL MEMES
>>
>>61550708
The problem is that you are still drinking coffee.
Whitening procedures will remove the pigment from your teeth, but weaken your enamel. While the enamel is still weakened, it will absorb pigments much more easily than usual.
That's why when you're going through the process of whitening your teeth, you need to STOP drinking anything that will stain your teeth. No tea, no soda, no coffee for up to 2 weeks after you're done.

What you're trying to do is a full lifestyle change. You're addicted to coffee. Sort that out first, because you will not be able to handle going without it, and this is a requirement for teeth whitening.
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 279x289px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 279x289px
pic related, me after using my first electric toothbrush
>>
>>61550907
fuck off phoneposting normalshitter
>>
File: 1500164005947.jpg (28KB, 354x313px) Image search: [Google]
1500164005947.jpg
28KB, 354x313px
>>61550919
>projecting this hard
>>
File: image.jpg (83KB, 449x568px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 449x568px
>>61550919
pretty epic (you) I just got
>>
>>61550735
Sonicare sounds good. It's got plenty of high reviews on Amazon so I'll just get the HealthyWhite+.

>>61550901
Ok thanks. I haven't gone to a dentist in years so I rarely hear this type of advice. Maybe I'll just take caffeine pills in the morning.
>>
File: charcoal for teeth.jpg (110KB, 935x611px) Image search: [Google]
charcoal for teeth.jpg
110KB, 935x611px
>>61550708
Activated charcoal, mate. It's what Jesus would do.
>>
>>61550901
Do people really get addicted to coffeine? I've been drinking ~5 cups a day for ~6 years and after my gf jokingly told me I was an addict, I decided to quit for a while. I've been without coffeine for two weeks now and I have had zero problems waking up early or staying up at work.

Anyways, coffee tastes amazing so might as well go get a cup.
>>
>>61551241
It's more the addiction of habit than an actual addiction, but it can produce withdrawal symptoms when used frequently to excess.
>>
>>61551241
Yes if any part of that is true you would have noticed massive headaches and lethargy for a day or two. Once it's out of your system there's not much ill effects.

>>61550901
The problem is that you're swishing the coffee around your teeth. Common symptom of autism.

>>61550735
This

I drink 3 cups a day for 10+ years now and my teeth are perfectly white. The key is don't swish it around like whiskey and most importantly rinse your entire month out good with water as soon as you're done. I also use a sonicare and brush twice a day for 2 min.
>>
>>61551241
Not only does coffee taste great, there are many recorded health benefits especially to your brain from drinking a few cups a day.
>>
What kind of Normie do you need to be to need have completely white teeth? Its natural to have a slighty yellow color.
>>
>>61551341
I've had severe aural migraines since I was a kid. Around my twenties I noticed I could (sometimes) prevent them with coffee. Not sure if it's just a placebo but damn I wish I had started drinking coffee earlier.
>>
>>61550708
Get a professional tooth cleaning from your dentist.
>>
This is what you need. It can also be recycled and the head only replaced. https://boieusa.com/
>>
>>61550708
i have philips sonicare
its ok
>>
>>61550735
I always thought that Sonicare worked using ultrasonic acoustic resonance, not electromagnetism since it is called SONICcare. Dumb name.
>>
>>61550735
Protip for sonicare, they sell bases that take normal AA batteries, they are way cheaper and you don't have to worry about the internal battery wearing out (use eneloops of course).
>>
File: h2zfxiy3ueyy.jpg (122KB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [Google]
h2zfxiy3ueyy.jpg
122KB, 2208x1242px
>>61550708

Leave it as is and just go for that business look.
>>
>>61551654
follow up, I just looked and they now have really cheap rechargeable ones, probably not worth it anywhere. when I bought mine the rechargeable ones were $100+
>>
>>61551196
>I haven't gone to a dentist in years
why the fuck not? it's clear that you haven't been taking care of yourself.
>>
>>61551809

People are here because they don't take care of themselves.
>>
>>61551455
My former neurologist was a Romanian coffee addict. She asked if I drank coffee, and I said not regularly. She chided me and said I should drink a lot (4-6 cups) to prevent migraines. Coffee didn't help, but when I stopped watching the news my migraines disappeared.
>>
You literally can't whiten your teeth from toothbrushing no matter what
>>
>>61550708
You're teeth could also be yellow from the enamel being worn down by your years of oral abuse. If this is the case, the yellowness of your teeth isn't from stains, the layer of tooth under the enamel is yellow in color for everyone, and your thin enamel is showing the yellow through it. Also, harsh brushing might only make matters worse, consult your dentist dude.
>>
>>61551622
same here
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.