[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Watched a documentary on octopuses last night.. how long before

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: giphy.gif (2MB, 636x289px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 636x289px
Watched a documentary on octopuses last night.. how long before they are more technologically advanced than us?
>>
>>61541241
As soon as they and the dolphins grow opposable thumbs.
>>
>>61541241
When they learn to play the clarinet
>>
Never. We will kill all of them before they reach anywhere near that point.
>>
>>61541241
>they can open jars
If that's the extent of their intelligence, never?
>>
>>61541241
tbqh we should destroy them before they start wars with us. DO SOMETIHING ANON

USE YOUR HACKING SKILLS
>>
>>61541295
Already more useful and more intelligent than niggers
>>
>>61541321
niggers don't contribute to humanity's technological advancement anyway.

If octopuses want to be more technology advanced than us, they need to be smarter than the group of humans actually advancing technology
>>
>>61541241
They only live a few years and their cleverness comes from being a prey species. They're the sea equivalent of mice.
That said they're my favorite sea creature. Very clever anti-predator adaptations, like the species that change the orientation of their arms to resemble a different type of animal, or the ones that ball themselves up in coconut shells and roll around.
>>
If you take in environmental factors, they are probably as evolved as they need to be. Humanity evolved as far as it has due to our environmental factors being radically different, necessitating the early adoption of tools and long term planning / thinking ahead. It is entirely possible that we could bring Cephalopods and similar creatures to our current level of intelligence and social cohesion by changing their environment over millions of years as our environment changed. However, it is unlikely that they would be able to surpass humanity, due to the rate of natural evolution. They would always be several million years behind unless we discovered a way to increase the speed of evolution and response to external stimulus. I hope this answered your question.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.