[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - stupid questions thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 46

File: 1499828928795.jpg (20KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
1499828928795.jpg
20KB, 460x276px
Post your simple/small/stupid questions
Take at least 10 seconds to google first

Old Thread: >>61530280
>>
File: nimetön.png (426KB, 1138x696px) Image search: [Google]
nimetön.png
426KB, 1138x696px
>>61541116
Help a retard out. How do I remove that blue bar?
>>
>>61541385
shit idk senpai but it looks disgusting
>>
File: Qfy0kRIP_400x400.jpg (7KB, 399x399px) Image search: [Google]
Qfy0kRIP_400x400.jpg
7KB, 399x399px
Is there something like a 4chanX for Twitter?
Specifically the RegEx filtering
>>
I'm booting up my desktop that has Win10 on it, and it boots up extremely slowly. When it gets to the loading screen, instead of taking seconds, it takes literal minutes and this always seems to happen semi-annually for a few days until it's back to normal. I have my OS on my SSD. I tried getting rid of the bloat but it still starts slowly. I also scanned my drives for viruses and none were detected. Can anyone tell me what the problem is?
>>
File: 41-goydpsHL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg (16KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
41-goydpsHL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg
16KB, 350x350px
Can someone recommend me a good blender to buy?
>>
File: CS-rglam-black.jpg (26KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
CS-rglam-black.jpg
26KB, 620x620px
>>61541642
https://www.vitamix.com/Shop/Certified-Reconditioned-Standard
>>
Can anyone tell me how I can force Apache to run as root?

I'm trying to practice command injection via the DVWA, but every google search has resulted in the reverse query being answered

I obviously know its a retarded idea, but as I say, for testing purposes
>>
>>61541116
That's not Callisto
>>
I built my first PC back in March, and I've had no problems whatsoever except for BSODs which started a few weeks after I built it. I always get the same error ("BAD_POOL_CALLER"), which is a drivers related issue. At the time I had not installed/plugged in any new devices.
The BSODs were quite rare up until a week ago when I started getting a lot of them (a few a day). Also, my mouse (a Dell mouse from 2007) has started to digitally un-plug and re-plug itself. It started with once every few hours, but now it sometimes happens 20 times per minute and will often stay disconnected for up to 15 seconds (however, usually it only lasts a fraction of a second is often only noticeable because of the sound effect. Also, it often doesn't disconnect at all for like 45 minutes).

What's the best way to troubleshoot my driver issues, and could it be that my old mouse is the culprit? Regarding the digital unplugging, how do I know if my mouse is the device with the problem and not something else (I've already tried multiple USB slots)?
>>
Where can I find a PDF link to the FULL book of Programming: Principles and Practice Using C++ (2nd Edition) or a torrent?

Bonus for a link to Jumping into C++ too.
>>
has anyone ever been as far as decided to want
look more like?
>>
File: vid_1500920932.webm (641KB, 927x675px) Image search: [Google]
vid_1500920932.webm
641KB, 927x675px
>>61541886
>>
>>61541921
Holy shit, I did not know I could do this.

Thanks.
>>
What video player should I use to watch chinese cartoons? I used to use Kawaii Codec Pack I hear they stopped working on it.

Thanks bois.
>>
>>61542107
MPV. Copy / paste the recommended config from the general if you're not using a toaster.
>>
What am I missing here? 40 bucks for a 700 watt semi modular 80+ bronze certified.

700 watts is way more than I need, but I wanted a semi modular PSU for 50ish dollars so I'm trying to make sure I'm not overlooking something.
>>
Visual Studio good or bad? and can i use it to make an okay inventory management program?
>>
>>61542199
Forgot file
>>
Why is there not a single good RSS reader for chrome?
>>
>>61542188
Awesome, thanks lad.
>>
File: 19.png (25KB, 775x441px) Image search: [Google]
19.png
25KB, 775x441px
>>61542199
>>61542216
Likely low quality components. It should also be marketed as 650W, not 700. Here's the table
>>
Went back to home last week and took my old 24" screen with me. Turns out it has been used enough to get a burn from the wallpaper. Is this fixable?
>>
Found my old Samsung Tab 2, the software is too slow. Any recommendation of a ROM for this device to run better? Some custom ROM?
>>
>>61542492
LineageOS

Wifi:
https://download.lineageos.org/espressowifi

3G:
https://download.lineageos.org/espresso3g
>>
File: tsu.png (36KB, 432x314px) Image search: [Google]
tsu.png
36KB, 432x314px
>>61542524
ty, I didnt knew about it seems great
>>
>>61542435
Should I be concerned? I'm going to be using a 1050ti which apparently doesn't need any additional power connector, so the estimated wattage breakdown shows as 241W?
>>
I just started to learn how to program and I read somewhere it is not recommended for noobs to use IDEs and stuff, I agree. as a beginner can I go only with notepad? what else would I need to program properly, like finding in which line I typed wrong code?
>>
>>61542594
Nah it should be fine, there's just a higher chance of something going wrong with that PSU compared to higher quality ones. Get this one instead:

https://www.amazon.com/Seasonic-M12II-520-BRONZE-SS-520GM/dp/B0038T0V8Q

Pretty much the default choice for this price
>>
>>61542216
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ixbt.com%2Fpower%2Fpsu%2Fgigabyte-b700h.shtml&edit-text=

Secondary side is full of AIDS. Not reliable.

Seasonic S12II 520 is currently $50 with a $15 rebate on Newegg if you're in burger country.

Semi-modular cabling is fucking stupid too. If you can't take the box out without displacing the ATX harness, there's no point.
>>
I'm trying to make a linked list and if I type this into my main()
Bun * head;
Bun * curr;
head = 0;
curr = head;
head = new Bun();
curr = head->next;
curr->next = 0;
the last line gives me a segmentation fault if I debug but it still compiles, what do I do?
>>
>>61542623
Vim. Might as well learn it early on.

Seriously though, at least use notepad++ or something, syntax highlighting is nice. Linter addons for notepad++/Atom/Sublime are the things taht tell you when you type "wrong" code.
>>
How can I manage cookies on Firefox for Android?
>>
>>61542623
>not recommended for noobs to use IDEs
I dissagree with that, argument is that IDEs are too helpful... like fuck that, you are learning programing, the overall idea, how to break stuff in to small pieces that you can code...
the idea you are better off learning with editor because it does not help you with auto-completion.. fuck the idea that its about memorizing syntax

and the best part is that people who tell you go editor will also start talking about how to make the editor almost IDEs level with all kind of features

anyway, as far as editors go... they are fast and quick to do stuff, they are also universal, so if you learn your editor you can be writing in it everything and anything with all the features and tricks you are accustom to. No matter if bash, python, C, javascript or powershell,...

anyway, my pick is sublime text, incredibly fast and comfy, theres shitload of stuff on how to use it effectively
heres some quick overview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIkg3Oo1PVM

recommend staying away from VIM that was recommended to you, sure check it out, but its so alien at first few months that you will be spending more time learning editor and getting used to its strange but powerful approach to do things
>>
Will Ryzen cpus be released in the future with onboard graphics? And why don't they have onboard graphics now?
>>
Is there a program to resize album art in embedded tags? I want to make them all perfect squares. If not, I guess I could write a script using imagemagick and taglib or something, but would be handy if it already exists.
>>
>>61543073
Yes, codenamed Raven Ridge. Should launch on laptops later this year, and Q1 2018 for desktops. They don't have it yet because it's using Vega for its GPU, and they probably wanted to focus on their bread and butter first. They're being stretched as it is launching Ryzen, Epyc, Vega, Threadripper, Vega, Ryzen Mobile, Ryzen Pro
>>
>>61543179
TY anon. Toying with a Ryzen build or intel build. I don't want to give my money to Shilltel but I can't afford much of a graphics card for now.

Will their onboard graphics be comparable to Shilltel? Or better/worse?
>>
>>61543286
The only time Intel's iGPU is in the same performance bracket as AMD's was the i7-5775c, a fucking $380 chip. If you need onboard graphics now, however, there's only Intel. IF you can, try a cheap GPU like the GT 1030
>>
>>61543286
Intel's drivers are shit, so AMD wins by default unless you use a very specific set of programs that happen to work well with Intel.

If you're building a gaming PC, you really want to get a video card unless you're buying in at poverty level. Like <$400.
>>
What makes a 64 bit application better than a 32 bit one? I understand some of the difference in regard to browsers and games, but I mean for everyday applications like word editors or music players.
Are they really faster?
>>
>>61541116
could i replace my laptop battery for a bigger capacity one? given it fits and all

could i, in the same vein, replace the screen 1366x768 for a 1920x1080 one? (laptop screen)

if it was possible, would it be just easier to get a new laptop?
>>
>>61543517
In theory there can be optimizations you can do with different instruction sets but mainly it comes down to being able to address more memory. If the program doesn't need more than 3GB it doesn't really matter.

>>61543604
If the voltage and current it can supply matches, I guess.
>>
>>61541415
No, twitter is annoying as fuck to develop extensions to because it changes almost daily.
>>
>>61542723
thx for replying
I guess I'll pick notepad++. I plan to dual boot or use a VM soon then, after some time/experience, completely switch to GNU+Linux in a near future, that will be when I'll try Vim and Emacs

>>61542955
thx for replying
my analogy is kind of weak, but I see it as learning basic operations in math using a calculator, it makes you dependant
yes, I heard Vim's learning curve is steep but I think it's worth the effort, it's an editor you have to know whether you like it or not
I'll try Sublime and its addons, thx for the video
>>
>>61543604
Yes.
Usually no, is it a consumer laptop? then no, business? high likely.
Yes since a new screen would be $50-100.
>>
>>61543517
the application can use more than ~3.5GB of ram
>>
>>61543517
That it wont rely on legacy support for x32 and will be faster since you will need less hacks.
>>
>>61543742
its a 2013 acer thats given me so many headaches i grew to love it
>>
I decided to try dual-monitor setup but my old 24" has a wallpaper burn on it. How do I get rid of it?
>>
>>61543517
On x86 specifically, they added a couple more general purpose registers on 64-bit. Which makes it easier for compilers to optimize code and makes most CPU limited tasks a little faster.

Stuff like word processors and music players tend to be limited by IO and system call latency rather than CPU. Maybe ripping or transcoding in a music player.

I think the big consideration for them is forward compatibility. 32-bit software on 64-bit OS requires extra support, which may be removed some point in the distant future. Or more likely not be supported in a x86-on-ARM environment.
>>
>>61543794
Masochist i see.
But well since its acer then no.
>>
I have a non modular PSU. Could anything bad happen if I cut off one of the cables I don't need and covered all the exposed wire with electrical tape?
>>
firefox doesn't load captcha anymore
tried using firefox, firefox nightly, on windows and linux

any tips?
>>
>>61543809
Yes.

Why the fuck you would want to cut the cables, just move them to the rear compartment of your case and use some zip ties.
>>
>>61543730
>I guess I'll pick notepad++
well for start you might want to pick an editor that is multiplatform

>it's an editor you have to know whether you like it or not
maybe if you are a linux sysadmin that spends lots of time in terminal
otherwise I have no idea why would you think that

>GNU+Linux
I love when new guys think that people actually call linux that
its just aspies on /g/ and some hardcore stallmanists
no one gives a fuck otherwise about that awkward unwieldily idea of a name
>>
>>61543809
If the cables don't short then it wouldn't do anything.
>>
>>61543818
try empty profile with "firefox -p"
maybe its something in yours
>>
Come on /sqt/, I'm about to hit the bed. Is there a possibility that these dumb "get rid of burnt images"-videos work? I have a mild screen burn on my old monitor and want to get rid of it.
>>
>>61543839
you're kinda right about Vim but I've probably expressed myself badly, I meant you have to know at least the basics
I'm a reasonable time /g/ lurker, got used calling it GNU/Linux
>>
File: vista22.png (284KB, 1280x773px) Image search: [Google]
vista22.png
284KB, 1280x773px
I'm still using Windows 7 and a Phenom II x4, but it's starting to bother me how much I'm not able to do because I don't have Windows 10. I want to upgrade, but why bother upgrading to anything other than the latest lineup of CPUs? Except the latest lineup requires some fuckery to get working on Windows 7. But Windows 7 means no Windows 10 exclusive games, no Xbox One controller support, plenty of weird little bits of software not working, etc. I've stuck with Windows 7 because I didn't like the UI of 8, and 10 is flat out fucking cancer with it's forced updates and constant spying, but how much of that is disableable? I know the recommendation is always to use the Enterprise version for the controls it offers, but can you actually remove the cancer in that and go back to updating only when you want to and not being spied on?

Alternately, how viable is it on a normal desktop build to use something like unRAID, to keep a Windows 7 and Windows 10 build both installed and running at once, assuming I have the GPUs for it? The whole thing about unRAID is that it lets you do things like with without making anything weird for anything running inside either OS, right?
>>
>>61544919
So far there is no game that is worth making you upgrade to W10.
There is xbone controller support for 7.
So far thats not a thing yet.
Some of it, or nothing based i the version, telemetry cant be disabled without breaking the OS, placeboo programs are still placeboo.

What you are looking for is Windows 10 LTSB.
>>
tl;dr I soft bricked my phone and I have no idea what to do

I'm using a galaxy s7, SM-G930P. It was running the latest firmware update when I started this whole adventure. Before doing all of this, I made a backup with smartswitch.
I wanted to downgrade the firmware to 6.0 for gps spoofing shenanigans. I found this guide (https://spoofaholics.wordpress.com/the-downgrade-process/) to help me do it. I followed it exactly, but I did not use sammobile because regular downloads were not working. (and won't work for another few days.) So I found some 6.0 firmware on some other website that I can't remember, and installed the AP thing with odin 3.12.7. It rebooted, but then it got stuck in a boot loop. Download mode was the only thing that would work, so I went to that and installed a different firmware from here. http://www.theandroidsoul.com/download-galaxy-s7-firmware/ I don't remember exactly what happened next, as this was 3am and I wasn't running on much sleep to begin with. All I remember is that it gave me a "an error has occurred while updating the device software" error, or something along those lines. I might have tried again, with success, but now whenever I boot up my phone, it says it needs a password to decrypt my data or something. I've not set up anything like that, and my weak google-fu shows that I need to do a factory reset, but I want to avoid doing that if possible. Smart switch also no longer recognizes my phone.
Despite my backup, I still don't feel entirely safe. What can be done with all this mess?
>>
>>61545032
> don't want to factory reset
You are going to have to wipe and re-flash. Can you get to fastboot? To recovery?
>>
>>61545079
Well fuck.
I can do that, yes.
>>
Any good websites/groups for cheap PC parts? Not something on PC Part Picker - Newegg, Amazon, OutletPC, etc - More something with people selling their own shit secondhand
>>
File: 1447379211631.jpg (32KB, 572x303px) Image search: [Google]
1447379211631.jpg
32KB, 572x303px
Is it possible to purchase a house with crypto in the US without having to turn it into fiat at any point?

Asking for a friend.
>>
>>61541921
what client is that?
>>
>>61545215
Craiglist, eBay, Alibaba.
Never buy used electronics.
Never buy mining GPUs unless there is a 75% discount or more.
Never buy used PSUs at all.
>>
>>61545244
qBittorent.
>>
any decent free web hosting services besides 000webhost?

I'm trying to host an IPB based forum there but it doesn't stop giving me issues
>>
Install Win10 any version on i7 2600, Hardlock Machine Check Exception.

Install Win10 any version in VirtualBox on the same machine, No problem, runs fine.

What the fuck man?
>>
>>61545226
Maybe rent in a big city,but not for home purchase.
>>
>>61545300
Install windows 7, problem solved.
>>
>>61545215
buying secondhand from individuals gives you no reliable guarantee that it's working and no recourse if it's not. it's literally a crap shoot
>>
Hey /g/ studying cs second year here
I think in the future I would like to work with turning humans into robots like in ghost in shell or deus ex the games
What specific field should I get into? AI? Can I find work in this field after getting CS degree or do I need to work on some easier jobs first and/or get a masters degree?
>>
>>61545321
Installing Win7 will make Win10 not hardlock?
Neat.
>>
Is mactype good enough these days or does it still render some fonts in a weird way with poor kerning

I'm looking to improve windows font rendering
>>
>>61545364
I imagine a company working on man-machine interfaces would be interested more in a engineering curriculum than the usual CS one. These days your best bet would be acedemia, a small research lab at a big company, a medical company making prosthetics. I think there are some startups doing the later, they might accept some shitty intern for basically no cash if you sell yourself hard enough.
>>
Is the Windows default defragmenter enough or should I use some other app?
>>
>>61545289
>free
>decent
pick one. I use 000webhost and I've had some issues with the site being down or loading slow but that's what you get for free.

If you actually want some stability you're going to have to pay someone.
>>
>>61545226
You can't buy anything in the US without assigning it a fiat value for tax purposes.

Like, I can't imagine why you couldn't draw up a contract saying I exchange my house for a consideration of 150 BTC, but someone still has to come up with fiat to cover the tax value of the house and whatever closing costs.
>>
Should i be worried that my BCLK is not in multipliers of 100?
Its 99.24.

>>61545696
Defraggler.
>>
>>61545841
What if someone simply gave my friend a house for free and my friend coincidentally gave him some BTC after the fact.
>>
>>61546046
Still have to pay annual property tax.
>>
what's the average battery life for smartphones nowadays. I have a moto g5 and I feel it discharges way too fast.

Let's say I'm browsing the view viciously read lots of stuff without watching videos or doing anything else. How long should an average battery last?
>>
>>61546065
Google pixel xl,9 days
>>
Long story short I was overclocking it and it went from game crash to black vertical lines on the screen. My friend says I may have shorted it because I didn't turn the voltage up enough. When I'm in regular Windows 10 the screen will crash after a few minutes regardless of what I do. Right now, I'm in safe mode right now and it's been about 15 minutes without a crash. Help?
>>
>>61546075
>9 days

no way, jeez
>>
>>61546086
You didnt short it, your OC is unstable, reduce speeds.
>>
>>61546092
Its charging or i would have shown you the battery.
I watch a few videos a day mostly its on for reading news or documents for work.
>>
>>61546065
From 100 to 0%:
Screen on? 4-8 hours.
Idle? 2-4 days.
Without using it at all? 7-10 days.
>>
>>61546128
I keep trying to reduce it in normal Windows but it keeps crashing. I uninstalled the OC utility I was using, now I just have ASUS GPU Tweak and MSI Afterburner and neither are currently set to overclock. Is there a master switch?
>>
>>61546154
Never OC using windows programs, always do it from the BIOS.
>>
File: 1500910640226.png (311KB, 782x503px) Image search: [Google]
1500910640226.png
311KB, 782x503px
Can someone explain this meme from OPs pic >>61539711 ?
>>
>>61541560
>>61541560
>>61541560
I know at least one of yous gotta run Windows 10.
>>
Hi how do you remove an icloud activation on an iPad 2 running ios 9. Yeah the original owner hasn't respond...
>>
>>61546193
Dump event viewer logs.
>>
File: 1500861103348.jpg (20KB, 399x300px) Image search: [Google]
1500861103348.jpg
20KB, 399x300px
Is it possible to pirate games that work online (overwatch, battlefield 1, GTA5, etc)
>>
>>61545737
I'm mostly speaking about the fact that I cannot even install the forum software because it either gives me:

>The installer uses PHP sessions to store data, however PHP sessions are currently not working correctly on your server. This is an issue you will need to contact your host about.

Or because it crashes trying to setup the database tables.
>>
>>61546229
NIgga for you fo real?
>>
>>61546237
What? The thread's name is stupid questions
>>
>>61546229
sometimes

>overwatch, battlefield 1, GTA5

no
>>
>>61546229
Yes.

>Overwatch
No.
>Battlefield
Yes but is not what you think.
>GTA5
Only old versions using local servers.
>>
>>61546268
Thats an astronautical retarded question that belongs on some sort of otherworld meta board
>>
>>61546202
Give it back tyrone
>>
>>61546270
>>61546280
Any good website suggestion?
>>
Long story short I have a z170 motherboard and a Celeron g3900. Is it possible to overclock the Celeron? I'm just curious if it's possible since this is going to be for a Facebook machine.

(The long story is that I spilled water on my computer and I thought I killed the motherboard, but I washed it off with distilled water and then rubbing alcohol and cleared the cmos and it worked again. I still didn't want to risk it over the long run so I sold my i5 and ordered a Ryzen board and processor. I have a spare PSU and an old case, so if I can get this to work with a $30 Celeron I bought used off eBay, I'll put a cheap drive and ram in it for my brother. If I could overclock the Celeron that'd be a nice bonus I guess).
>>
>>61546317
>facebook machine
>needs 50ghz OC
NIgga why even bother,its a facebook machine
>>
>>61545032
Bumpe
>>
File: Apple-iPhone-5S-10[1].jpg (104KB, 1148x843px) Image search: [Google]
Apple-iPhone-5S-10[1].jpg
104KB, 1148x843px
help me choose a new phone please /g/

I've been using a refurbished iphone 5S for the past 3 years and the battery can no longer go a full day

any advice on my best upgrade option?

PS: I live in Australia, but will be in New York later in the year, could buy something there I guess
>>
I have an unused Asus strix rx480 8gb. What should I charge for it when I throw it up on Craigslist? When I look on eBay I get the impression 350$ would be a decent price.
>>
>>61546372
What is your budget?
>>
>>61546339
Just for shits and giggles.
>>
>>61546317
BCLK overclocking died with Haswell, you cant easy anymore, and if you could you would fry it.
Buy a G4560.
>>
>>61546402
Then why ask?
>>
>>61546399
I have spare cash put aside for this kind of thing so maybe $1,000
>>
>>61546309
thepiratebay
>>
File: event viewer.png (140KB, 2569x1439px) Image search: [Google]
event viewer.png
140KB, 2569x1439px
>>61546208
II'll see if I can dump the .xml file somewhere, if I can.
>>
>>61546162
Even the GPU?

Alright, so: I got it running now, and as a test I ran a fairly GPU-intensive game I have. It ran fine. I'm probably going to uninstall anything related to OC'ing just for a clean start. Can I assume my GPU is fine/stable/not ruined/not a ticking timebomb?
>>
>>61546424
That's a lot of errors.
Did you take a drive with a previous install and slap it inside your new shit or something instead of reformatting and reinstalling?
>>
>>61546470
GPU OC using something like MSI afterburner is fine.
>>
>>61546410
Because I don't know if it's possible. Pushing cheap hardware to it's limit is kinda fun.

>>61546403
I love my brother, but I'm trying to be as cheap as possible. I'm just throwing together a bunch of spare parts I have from upgrading and buying the other parts I need for as little as possible since my brother is still using a MacBook from 2010. The Celeron can play Netflix and he can do school work on it, if he wants more he can pay for it.
>>
I am bored to throw my days, sitting in a chair and do nothing,what area of computers is interesting? I m thinking Web dev or other field but, i don't know, what do you say?
>>
>>61546485
>I don't know if it's possible
So try?
>>
>>61543797
you could take it to a goodwill
>>
>>61546476
I did a complete reinstall about a year ago when I switched the OS from my hard drive to my solid state. It only started happening a few days ago. It runs fine (outside of ReCaptcha being a bitch, which was happening around the same time as the slow boot), it just boots very slowly. Looking through the logs, the most commom error are the event IDs "10010" and "64"
>>
>>61546063
and even though it was a gift he'd still have to pay tax on the estimated worth of the house
>>
File: 1490676753655.png (1MB, 900x1214px) Image search: [Google]
1490676753655.png
1MB, 900x1214px
Why is the best package manager for MacOS some beer circlejerk personal project that someone made in their free time?
Why hasn't Apple made one?
>>
>>61546521
Go to Applications and Services Logs, and look for Diagnostics-Performance under Windows. Post boot times.
>>61546535
There's no getting away from the biggest gangsters on the block, the feds.
>>
Is there a way to bypass Windows' loading prior to sorting a folder in the way you've selected? If so, how?

Sorry if the wording was messy, but to clarify I mean I sort every folder by "Date", where the Windows default is "Name". It can take upwards of a minute to actually sort a folder by "Date" once I open it, and I don't see why. Can I bypass this loading, and if so, how? Thank you. For context this is on Windows 7 Ultimate.
>>
>>61546555
Use macports or something.
>Why hasn't Apple made one?
Believe it or not but most people don't find using a CLI/terminal a good way to manage software, its crazy I know.
>>
>>61546484
Alrighty. Here's hoping everything's okay.
>>
>>61546609
>upwards of a minute
How old is your shit?
>bypass
No,you cant,unless you dont use date
>>
>>61546625
I use a 1TB HDD I bought a year ago. It's a laptop, though.

>>bypass
>No,you cant,unless you dont use date

Cheers. Thanks for the help and the quick reply. Not to imply help is no longer appreciated after a period of time has passed, but still.

I just thought it was arbitrary how one option requires loading and the others don't. I thought I could force all folder to default to a different option to remove loading, if I had to.
>>
>>61546609
>Can I bypass this loading, and if so, how?
Yes. Get an SSD.
>>
how do i autocomplete in visual studio? in eclipse you just press enter
>>
>>61546654
try CTRL-SPACE
>>
>>61546652
Tbh I actually didn't consider the power of an SSD in this context. This actually makes it more appealing to me now since people always speak of how one definitely notices an improvement in general use, but all my folders no longer requiring a buffer to use would make browsing way more streamlined for me.
>>
>>61546644
One is loading by the name,which is an easy task,then sort by alphabet
The other is reading each files date,which is an embedded datagram and then sorting them.This takes time,and your cpu+hdd are lackluster in the process as it reads each ones embedded data
>>
File: event viewer.png (237KB, 2564x1443px) Image search: [Google]
event viewer.png
237KB, 2564x1443px
>>61546579
As you can see, it's very slow startup. I guess it's been happening since the 12th but I don't remember it booting up very slowly like this back then
>>
is it possible to define a struct in c++ similar to how you define a function before declaring one?
>>
I want to install Linux on my laptop to see how it is compared to win10.
Which one should I install? What are the pros and cons of using a GUI ?
>>
>>61546672
>embedded datagram
You just made that up, and filenames have to be listed from disk too.
And sorting by name or date shouldn't take that much different time unless the names are already sorted in the filesystem.

>>61546609
Try searching for Windows explorer default sort order
>>
>>61546702
you mean declare before define?
>>
File: yiqIHkr.gif (498KB, 282x211px) Image search: [Google]
yiqIHkr.gif
498KB, 282x211px
My Samsung SSD comes with two SATA things, one small and one big. Should I plug the small one to the CPU socket and the big one to the power supply socket? Only one? I have no idea what I'm doing
>>
>>61546692
What the fuck is that critical shit. Post those.
>>
>>61546719
Readind a directory listing is alot eaiser the parsing each file its self for modified/created time.
Go in a folder of 1m jpegs and sort by exif date created.
>>
>>61546761
Data
Power
>>
>>61546730

yea, whatever its called. For functions we can do
void foo(void);
// bla bla, use foo() etc etc
void foo(void){}
>>
>>61546797
By data you mean these, right? The mobo came with 4 cables so I could connect SOMETHING to those, and I assume that's for the HDD, SSD, and whatever else I decide to add right? Also I confused CPU and motherboard somehow, excuse my retardation
>>
where do i look up how torrent work? also the source code for torrent was taken down? so much for 'muh freedom'
>>
>>61546836
Those are sata DATA headers.The smaller one goes there.The larger one is the poer onw,your psy should have come with some molex(4pix) to sata cables.If not you may have to daisy chain them using Y splitters
>>
>>61546850
The PSU has both molex and sata in it, so I just put the SATA one in. Guess I did this right then
>>
>>61546865
Yes
>>
>>61545032
Anyone? I'd really like to know what to do.
>>
>>61546870
Thanks for the help and patience anon. The only thing left now is adding a GPU which should come in this wednesday, and chances are I won't be needing as much hand holding for it
>>
>>61546838
>also the source code for torrent was taken down? so much for 'muh freedom'
http://www.libtorrent.org/

http://www.libtorrent.org/reference.html

https://github.com/arvidn/libtorrent

Literal retard
>>
File: event viewer boot.png (94KB, 1289x823px) Image search: [Google]
event viewer boot.png
94KB, 1289x823px
>>61546766
It says things like "This device took longer to initialize, resulting in a performance degradation in the system start up process" and "Core system took longer to initialize, resulting in a performance degradation in the system start up process" Below is one of the error details.

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance" Guid="{CFC18EC0-96B1-4EBA-961B-622CAEE05B0A}" />
<EventID>101</EventID>
<Version>1</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>4002</Task>
<Opcode>33</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000010000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-06-19T18:26:14.760041600Z" />
<EventRecordID>3</EventRecordID>
<Correlation ActivityID="{B53EC65E-E928-0001-59D1-3EB528E9D201}" />
<Execution ProcessID="3856" ThreadID="4984" />
<Channel>Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance/Operational</Channel>
<Computer>Cinque-PC</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-19" />
</System>
- <EventData>
<Data Name="StartTime">2017-06-19T18:20:19.591945400Z</Data>
<Data Name="NameLength">6</Data>
<Data Name="Name">Devic</Data>
<Data Name="FriendlyNameLength">0</Data>
<Data Name="FriendlyName" />
<Data Name="VersionLength">0</Data>
<Data Name="Version" />
<Data Name="TotalTime">164902</Data>
<Data Name="DegradationTime">157402</Data>
<Data Name="PathLength">9</Data>
<Data Name="Path">C:\Devic</Data>
<Data Name="ProductNameLength">0</Data>
<Data Name="ProductName" />
<Data Name="CompanyNameLength">0</Data>
<Data Name="CompanyName" />
</EventData>
</Event>
>>
I found an animated .png

https://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1912873

If the filesize were within the limits would I be able to upload this to 4chan as a working animated .png file?
>>
>>61546788
> reading a directory listing
That has nothing to do with sorting you dumb fuck. It already displays the date even when sorting by name so it is clearly reading it in any case.
>>
if I want to run lets say a host machine and a guest VM at the same time, and pick and choose which of those uses a VPN, or not, OR specific applications on either of them use a VPN, or not; how do I set that up?

So I need two NICs? So get a USB to ethernet adapter? Any useful resources someone can point me to?
>>
>>61546819
That's the normal way of using structs
>>
>>61546976
Update: I just tried and got an error of sort saying apng not supported.
>>
>>61547037
How can you be so fucking dense?
LISTING a directory is fucking chump change
Fucking PARSING a file for the modified/created date is a different matter
>>
What else does /g/sqt recommend?
>>
>>61547137
Forgot pic
>>
>>61547095
>implying file time takes longer than name

>>61547137
/sqt/ recommends vegetables, regular exercise, and gen2 operation systems
>>
File: 1498606938964.png (11KB, 259x224px) Image search: [Google]
1498606938964.png
11KB, 259x224px
>tails.boum.org

What is this and why have I never seen /g/ talk about it? Seems right up their alley.

Should I bother with it?
>>
>>61546972
>File Name: Devic
nani
address all the errors and criticals and you'll have normal boot times again
>>
>>61546972
>>61547236
I ended up fixing it. I shut down the computer, unplugged every piece and replugged and rearranged all the internal parts, changed some CPU and boot settings, cleaned the insides and now it boots up fast again. I'm guessing the errors and criticals were caused by an issue either with the CPU or external USB devices attached to it.

also on the topic of stupid questions, is anyone's Captcha filling acting slow and irregular or is it just me?
>>
>>61547264
Do you have devic.exe in your computer?
>>
>>61547095
Open windows explorer, hmm, everything is sorted by name, and is that a date modified column I spy? Wow, it must have taken ages to parse that from the file? Oh, I mean filesystem. I wondew why, when I tell it to sort by that column it has to go through the extra effort of re-reading that column but this time from the filetype specific metedata? Oh that's right, it doesn't. Doh!
>>
>>61547284
I don't see it in my System32 folder, am I suppose to have it?
>>
>>61547052

except this wont compile

// Declarations
struct SomeStruct;

int CALLBACK WinMain(
_In_ HINSTANCE hInstance,
_In_ HINSTANCE hPrevInstance,
_In_ LPSTR lpCmdLine,
_In_ int nCmdShow
) {
SomeStruct some_struct;
};

// Definitions

struct SomeStruct {
int some_integer = 20;
int some_integer_inside_someStruct = 30;
float some_float_inside_someStruct = 40.0;
};

>>
>>61547346
Fix permission errors
>>
>>61547376
You can only do a forward reference like that with a pointer to the structure not with the structure.
>>
>>61546317
Probably, so long as you downgrade the BIOS and delete the windows microcode update.

See here http://overclocking.guide/category/intel-oc-guides/skylake-non-k-oc/
>>
File: 133674886578.png (19KB, 300x309px) Image search: [Google]
133674886578.png
19KB, 300x309px
In Windows 7 some programs disable Aero when you start them (from the top of my head: Discord app, Mumble, Unreal Development Kit). If i restart the Desktop Window Manager service the Aero turns itself back on while said programs still running with no problem. How do i stop these fucking programs from disabling Aero? I'm on the verge of installing Win10 just because i want a nice black task bar (i have black wallpaper and translucent aero taskbar did the job)
>>
>>61541385
Isn't there a context menu somewhere where you can toggle those toolbars?
>>
Does your mind every sperg out, out of control sometimes? And it's like your thoughts keep contradicting each other one after other.
>>
>>61547045
bumping this
>>
I have 100Mb ethernet, but a few systems I want to connect by gigabit. Can I get some NICs and plug them up directly, without confusing my network?

>>61547797
no, that's probably a mental condition
>>
File: Internet-Speed.jpg (76KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Internet-Speed.jpg
76KB, 1500x1000px
A friend told me I can change my ISP plan for free if I call them up and complain low speeds, is this true to some extent?
>>
File: hard-drive.jpg (17KB, 650x388px) Image search: [Google]
hard-drive.jpg
17KB, 650x388px
Is there a /g/ approved external hard drive?

>2TB capacity
>that lasts as long as possible (priority: have no ability to backup files)
>Build quality and ruggedness is a plus

I'm using it as a portable movie library, and they're pretty big files (~10gb average).
>>
>>61547819
Why do you think your "network" would be "confused"?
>>
>>61547829
No,you will waste time with tech calls for nothing,
>>
>>61547629

so

SomeStruct some_struct

?
>>
>>61545032
I really hate to keep bumping, but I really would like it if I could use my phone in the near future.
>>
>>61548018
STOP BUMPING
you got an answer
>i would like to use my phone
Then you shouldnt have fucked up something that important to you without knowing how to fix it

Sleep in
>>
>>61548039
I hope whatever is bothering you is solved with the best possible solution.
>>
File: Sugiura Ayano 77.png (17KB, 248x234px) Image search: [Google]
Sugiura Ayano 77.png
17KB, 248x234px
how the heck do i do one line math problems in bash; everytime i want to do simple addition or division i always open python enviorment like a retard
>>
>>61548078
You are a retard if you want to attempt to use bash as a calculator, or even python for that matter. Just open up an actual calculator program. If you really want to know how to do arithmetic in bash, just google it.
>>
>>61547997
Use
int CALLBACK WinMain(
_In_ HINSTANCE hInstance,
_In_ HINSTANCE hPrevInstance,
_In_ LPSTR lpCmdLine,
_In_ int nCmdShow
) {
SomeStruct *some_struct;
};

and you should get past it. Think about what you're telling the compiler to do. In the first case you want to put something of unknown size on the stack, which it can't do; in the second case you're want to put something of known size, a pointer, on the stack, which it can do.
>>
>>61548078
Use bc. You can use eg "echo scale=1 >> ~/.bc" to make it use more decimal places by default. I have a couple of hacked up bashrc snippets that let you just write math on the commandline too:
# When anything with / is run in the terminal bash assumes it is a path to a
# command if, for instantce, it is actually a math expression or path to a
# non-executable file we can handle that here.
trap _permission_denied_handle ERR
_permission_denied_handle() {
case $? in
126|127) # EPERM|ENOENT
command_not_found_handle $(history | sed -nr '$s/^ *[0-9]+ +//p')
;;
esac
}

# This isn't called for "commands" that bash doesn't look for in PATH, ie with
# a slash in them. So division for example won't work too good.
command_not_found_handle() {
if [ -f "$1" ] ; then
_mime_run "$@" && return
fi
case $1 in
[0-9]*)
bc<<<"$@"
;;
*)
# Get's printed twice if we return 127...
printf "bash: %s: command not found\n" "$1"
#return 127
;;
esac
}

Fun huh?
>>
>>61548109
no thank you

>>61548163
thank you
>>
What's the cheapest phone I can buy that's not prehistoric and will last some years?
>>
>want to order something on amazon
>price jumps over $100

How frequently does the amazon bot change prices?
>>
>>61548235
I still use a Galaxy S3. It's 5 years old. Paid $300 cash for it and $10/month since then.
>>
>>61548235
Check the motorola G series. Best budget tier phone with an unbloated os.
>>
I want to start using network storage to host my media. Mostly weebshit in mkv with a fair helping of tv and movies (hopefully 4k in the future).

Currently my plan is to run plex on a nvidia shield but I'd like to support watching on other devices as well.

I barely know anything about network storage, and am not sure if I need a device with a specific kind of cpu for transcoding or not. Can I get away with going with a synology box? I appreciate their compact form factor and out of the box solution as a first step.
>>
What does everyone here use for personal task management?

I have Asana right now, but it's expensive and I only need it for me. Trello is nice for small projects, but it quickly became unwieldily.
>>
>>61548375
post-it notes
text files
alarm on phone
irate boss
>>
Anyone ever scrape Instapaper for their archived articles? Their simple API only saves articles. The full API requires OAuth2.

I think I'm better off just walking it, archive, archive/2, archive/3... but that might annoy them and they'd think I'm a robot.
>>
Whats the deal w/ audio splitters?

>have apple earpods w/ the mic
>pc has 2 jacks instead of one
>figure I will just buy an audio so that I can use the earpods as headphones/microphone at the same time
>every audio splitter on amazon either
>>incompatible w/ the apple jacks
>>flips the l/r audio channels

Is this just something I'm going to have to deal with to use these headphones?
>>
>>61548399
Redo post, you're all over the place
>>
>>61548375
I have a pocketbook and a pen I carry around with me everywhere. I write down things I need to do or want to remember as soon as I can and routinely skim over what I've written to ensure I don't forget anything. I used to be very bad at forgetting things but getting into that habit has gotten it under control.
>>
Best note sorting program for windows that doesn't require a log in (evernote, simplenote). Don't want to use notepad++ for notes as I use it for web dev.
>>
>>61541116

Are there hard drive caddies for desktops that allow mounting a 3.5'' HDD on the top and a 2.5'' SDD (or HDD, if you wanted) on the bottom?
>>
>>61548456
>Don't want to use notepad++ for notes as I use it for web dev.
These things are not exclusive, anon.
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg (881KB, 1968x2336px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
881KB, 1968x2336px
im a neet and i just made $100 dollars with adsense
I was doing pretty good I was earning like $2 a day and going up. but today I got fucked in the butthole by copyright infringement (takedown request).
what the fuck should I do
I AM PRESSED
>>
Is Paint actually being completely removed from W10? Or just some features of the program?
How I'm going to crop my screen captures now?
>>
>>61548538
gimp
>>
Is there any calculator program that just has 6+ calculators side by side?
>>
>>61548514
Stop breaking the law, criminal.
Or just move on to the next scam like everyone else does.
>>
I hope someone can help here but how do you get program javascript to distinguish arrays within arrays?

Say if I wanted to make a for function that cycled through the following array but only accessed values within the square brackets, what would that for loop look like? (consider destroyer as the function that is being called for the follow array)

destroyer([1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3], 2, 3);
>>
>>61548551
>Is there any calculator program that just has 6+ calculators side by side?
Why do you need this
>>
>>61548546
I'm too lazy to even download Gimp.
Why do they have to remove Paint. It's fun stuff.
>>
>>61548559
I don't know any other scams. But there is always a grift in the system I believe.
>>
File: 1493644286064.png (57KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1493644286064.png
57KB, 680x680px
So I recently had a power surge brick all of my hard drives... except for my file history drive, which was thankfully unplugged when this happened. How can I restore the files from that drive onto a different drive?
>>
Why don't we use TeX as a replacement for HTML on webpages?
>>
>>61548569
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13926213/checking-the-types-of-function-arguments-in-javascript
>>
>>61548601
>file history drive
explain
>>
File: 1499380643906.jpg (169KB, 700x526px) Image search: [Google]
1499380643906.jpg
169KB, 700x526px
>>61547911
Why won't anyone answer my question?
>>
>>61548625
You question isn't /g/ approved, sorry. Go check on a consumer review site.
>>
>>61548622
Windows file history. It saves all of your files every Nth time period, and then if it still has space it marks the old versions as old and then saves the new ones so you can restore old versions.
It's like a regular backup but it doesn't touch windows at all and lets you treat files a little like version control
It's pretty siqq but it also mangles the files into some sort of proprietary wangblows bullshit and I'm having trouble getting at them.
>>
File: 1487396976471.gif (1MB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1487396976471.gif
1MB, 300x200px
How do I make the default 4chan extension less shitty without going full autism?
>>
>>61548551
a spreadsheet

>>61548603
>replacing hypertext with another hypertext

>>61548656
>mangles the files into some sort of proprietary wangblows bullshit
>It's pretty siqq
but anon that's a contradiction
>>
>>61548663
enable legacy captcha
>>
>>61548675
The mangling also compresses them down so that they're like 1/10th the size, I'm pretty sure that for versioning files it just stores the diff of the file for the new version.
>>
File: muina retard.jpg (365KB, 852x1200px) Image search: [Google]
muina retard.jpg
365KB, 852x1200px
>>61548675
>a spreadsheet
Uh, no shit. Im a bit of a retard. I could even set up auto adding calcs for profit margins and everything I think? Im a bit of a moron.

>>61548571
Video games
>>
>>61548678
Already have, nagger.
>>
>>61548656
>it also mangles the files
Aren't they just in a directory tree?
>>
How do I tell if a Window 7 key sold is genuine? I know Microsoft stopped selling them so it's probably an OEM licence but no idea on how to verify them.
>>
i just changed my very old amd GPU for a gtx 1050, and after starting my computer my secondary GPU that I always had (and still have) connected to my motherboard isn't recognized, what is the problem?
>>
File: 570392.jpg (10KB, 181x256px) Image search: [Google]
570392.jpg
10KB, 181x256px
I'm planning on multi-booting so I could use Linux for general stuff while using Windows 7 for gayming and doing personal projects.

What Linux distro should I get?
>>
>>61548740
https://www.microsoft.com/ru-ru/software-download/windows7
>>
>>61548751
>secondary GPU
secondary monitor, sorry
>>
File: 2017-07-24 20-54-46.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-24 20-54-46.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>61548538
Snipping tool?
>>
>>61541642
Mother fucking BlendTec

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TKRQWS8/ref=twister_B000KDYBA2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
>>
File: 20170724_225707_HDR.jpg (2MB, 4160x2080px) Image search: [Google]
20170724_225707_HDR.jpg
2MB, 4160x2080px
Why the fuck is my computer doing this? Running Ubuntu 16.10. How can I fix this?
>>
I need some help with bluetooth on win 8.1

>I tried restarting the bluetooth support service,it's also set to automatic.
>I reinstalled the drivers, and it says it's working.
>I went to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers. And checked show bluetooth icon in the notification area.

However there's no bluetooth options in PC options and bluetooth doens't appear in the notification area. Also when I try allow bluetooth devices to find this pc an error appears and says the bluetooth might be unplugged.
>>
>>61548797
gpu is dead
>>
>>61546416
When are going to New York?
>>
>>61541116
If use two AMD Opteron 2431 (2.4GHz 6-Core 6MB L3 Cache) instead of one how much of a speed bost will I get in just web browsing and image editing in pinta. They are cheap but i don't know if it would be worth it to get another.
>>
File: krusteh.jpg (37KB, 640x638px) Image search: [Google]
krusteh.jpg
37KB, 640x638px
My computer isn't installing it's windows 10 updates it just keeps trying on its own on and off and when I save pictures I get an incomplete save window lacking options not to mention the basic photo viewer app didn't install ether.
What the hell went wrong when I installed Windows 10 and what do I need to do to fix it.
I feel this is a stupid question simply because outside of this my os is doing everything else just fine.
>>
>>61548415
does anyone here know what audio splitter I should get to have my apple earpods work as both the microphone/headphones that doesn't invert the audio? All the ones I've looked at on amazon are either not compatible or flip the audio
>>
>>61548761
Something like Ubuntu or Linux Mint if you want things to work easily. Arch if you have time to waste and want to feel superior.
>>
How do I type replies with formatted code?

e.g.

>>61548163
>>
>>61548819
Reinstall Windows from the most updated iso. Other than that I don't know.
>>
File: Outlets across the world.jpg (75KB, 600x583px) Image search: [Google]
Outlets across the world.jpg
75KB, 600x583px
>>61548819
if you must have windows install LTSB 2016

>>61548856
read the 4chan FAQ, newfag
>>
>>61548846
>Arch if you have time to waste and want to feel superior.
As it comes to ricing? I never touched Linux in my life which is why I'm testing it on a VM.
>>
how to make 4chan webms with ffmpeg
>>
>>61548806
I thought so but that's not the case. My entire OS freezes and I can't even use my keyboard or access my terminal. I installed a porno flash game yesterday but immediately deleted after fapping. Might have fucked up my computer. Any idea what to do? Possible virus on linux?
>>
>>61548958
Broken screen maybe?
>>
>>61548856
code and /code in square brackets like:
[ code ] my code... [ /code ]
But without the spaces inside the square brackets.
>>
>>61548611
>https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13926213/checking-the-types-of-function-arguments-in-javascript

No help whatsoever, don't be a lazy fuck and actually type a response if you know one.
>>
>>61548958
>My entire OS freezes and I can't even use my keyboard or access my terminal
My X11 did that yesterday, is was using 100% of one core and there was nothing in syslog, Xorg log or xsession log, or dmesg. I sshed in from lappy to check. Just some random X11 bug maybe, never happened before.
>>
>>61548994
That link shows how to check the type of your arguments. IE how to check which one is an array. Then loop over that one. If you are really asking on 4chan how to write a for loop in js you need more help than we can give you.
>>
>>61548856
read the sticky
>>
>>61548817
pls respond.
>>
Why the fuck are radiators for computers so expensive? Fucking car radiators that are several times the size cost about the same as a name brand 240mm rad.
>>
File: 1430596375207.jpg (970KB, 3013x2859px) Image search: [Google]
1430596375207.jpg
970KB, 3013x2859px
>>61549142
do it
>>
what format is better for a hard drive with caution status on cristaldiskinfo? the classic "reallocated sector count"
>>
is steam quick to install and easy to uninstall?

long story short, i want to try using it briefly on my work computer so i can use vpn to access the uk store from australia
>>
>>61549179
The evacuate all the data kind of format.
>>
>>61548914
just use webm for retards
>>
>>61549179
A Jillette format
>>
>>61549161
Maybe if I can get a car radiator for free. But I'm honestly tempted to buy pic related and build a super ghetto water cooling setup. I just need a reservoir for cheap.
>>
>>61549013
>>61548970
There is a serious fucking problem now. For a moment i got a blue screen of death and couldn't access the linux part of my computer. After restarting my laptop several times I got into linux but it still freezes and crashes and makes cracking noises. Now it's normal but I know the problem hasn't gone away. I just repaired my grub now im going to test it out.
>>
>>61549194
yes but what I mean is, is there a format that is better than other when it comes to safely storing data? I want to fill the drive and leave it as it is
>>
>>61549216
>safely
>fill failing drive
>leave it as is
>>
>>61549192
Yes.
>>
>>61549228
if you successfully fill a hard drive all you need to do is worry about reading the damn data. not writing. if you have a problem with sectors there's nothing wrong with reading the sectors that you've filled, get it?
>>
I found a cheap reservoir. Would putting zip ties around the barbs/tubes be safe for fittings?
>>
>>61549270
>if you have a problem with sectors there's nothing wrong with reading the sectors that you've filled
wrong
>>
>>61549285
WHY. until now everytime I get that common problem I format to ntfs, pass chkdsk and then fill it up, works every time and I've never had any problems. obviously I assign a crc32 filename to every file in order to check its status if I ever need to copy them to another drive
>>
>>61549307
>I format to ntfs
this is worse than wrong, this is bad
bad and wrong
>>
>>61549320
just give me a fucking argument, just one, please, that's all I'm asking, 1, a simple fucking argument, ONE
>>
How do i get into hacking?
Like cracking games and the like
>>
>>61549343
get programming skills, learn reverse engineering, hang out with the cool kids on teh interwebz
>>
>>61549339
exFAT > NTFS
cross compatible on Mac/Linux/Windows
>>
>>61549368
so it is better because of the cross compatibility? I shit on cross compatibility.

my main concern is SAFETY
>>
>>61549367
I just know java, and C++ and only make programs. I don't know how to go into files like games.
>>
>>61549383
NTFS is not safe.
>>
>>61549399
WHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
using youtube-dl, is it possible to blacklist urls?

basically, i want to have a text file containing a list of youtube urls.
when youtube-dl is invoked, i want it to check the text file to see if there is a match.
if there isn't, i want youtube-dl to proceed normally.
if there is, i want youtube-dl to not download the video.

is this possible with youtube-dl? would i need to use some other process or tools? how would i do this?
>>
>>61549368
>>61549399
>NTFS
ntfs-3g works fine on linux these days.
stale news
>>
>>61549387
protip: games are programs
>>
>>61549438
okay I know how to make programs, I don't know how to access the insides and change shit around.

That's what I want to know
>>
I heard there was some new SSD tech developed that would cut prices a lot in a few years once its mass produced
Is that true?
>>
File: 1500550348693.png (871KB, 778x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1500550348693.png
871KB, 778x1100px
Is there any made in Japan/Japanese branded smartphones and tablets? If yes, are they any good?
>>
File: file.png (3KB, 92x40px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3KB, 92x40px
Anybody know why Windows might have an issue recognizing installed programs?
They don't show up when I search for them, and if I dock them on my taskbar they sometimes do this- This is Discord running as launched from the task bar, but it spawned an additional white icon instead of simply subbing the bar one.

The only programs that show up in searches are default windows installed programs, not even Visual Studio pops up when searched for.
>>
>>61549566
sony
it's shit
>>
>>61549604
use portable versions to minimize system bloat
>>
>>61549636
I don't much care about bloat, Discord never hits my drives harder than 1 gig anyway.
>>
>>61549646
>>61549636
>versions
Missed this bit
Also, I can't really do that. I'm a developer, I rely on a ton of software being installed and easily accessible both to me and to other programs, and a lot of the time portable versions don't support that.
>>
>>61547159
is this your first day? tails has been brought up in just about any privacy-related thread for years
>>
>>61549463
>how to access the insides and change shit around
If you mean change how a program runs, and not just through a config file, then you will need to learn how to use a decompiler or dissasembler. Unless it is written in a scripting language and then you just need a text editor.
>>
>>61549504
That's always the claim. There have been revolutionary non volatile memory techs trumpeted about for the whole last decade. None of them are a thing yet.
>>
>>61549614
Expand. What makes it shit? What does it lack in comparison to Western phones and tablets?
>>
>>61549646
Discord takes up 1GB of disk? It is just a chat app!
>>
>>61549699
It caches images for a while. You can change how much it caches iirc. I know for a fact that it stops caching if you're running low on space.
>>
>>61549463
>access the insides and change shit around
If you talk the game itself (mechanics, resources) it's called modding
If you talk about copy protection, as i said, look up reverse engineering
>>
File: a.png (31KB, 568x390px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
31KB, 568x390px
>>61548551
tmux and a console calculator
>>
>>61549756
>"gf" is undefined
;(
>>
>>61541116
Why is it that Winows 7 always de-activates every month? I use daz's loader every month and it works for that long then it says windows is not genuine
>>
Best way to recover data from internal memory of a phone running KitKat? I have root
>>
What's best for storing and serving content?

Use my main PC with an extra hard drive and leave it running all the time or buy a NAS as an independent storage and server device?
>>
>>61549944
>I use daz's loader every month and it works for that long then it says windows is not genuine
>daz loader
It's windows loader now. Get it off MDL and make sure the updates that shouldn't be installed aren't in your windows updates list. And disable the windows update service in Services.
>>
>>61549946
netcat the entire partition/volume over to another machine and run photorec on the image
>>
So with Fi, you can use hangouts to manage your texts on your desktop. Is there an app for Android that allows you to manage your texts if you aren't on Fi? Looking into getting an unlimited data plan with Verizon.
>>
>>61550000
>windows loader
Still doesn't work
>>
>>61550070
Use the readme.

Have you installed the loader but you're not genuine? Just check the following.

* Check the details line contains "v2.1", "v2.2" or "v2.3"
* Try to validate online with Internet Explorer at http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/validate/

Note: If the details line doesn't read v2.1, v2.2 or v2.3 then go to the advanced tab, select to disable type 4 memory and reinstall the loader. If that doesn't work then use the legacy setting instead.

Q. I installed the loader and I'm still not activated, so what do I do now?
A. Go to the loaders advanced options tab and select to either either disable type 4 memory or use the legacy setting, then press install and reboot when prompted. You may also need to select the option to ignore the systems existing SLIC and/or revalidate online.

Q. The loaders status says "Unsupported partition table", why is this?
A. You're either using GPT on a UEFI motherboard or you've got a locked OEM partition. Both problems can be fixed by fully formatting your entire hard drive.

Q. I received the error message "Failed to add loader to the boot code", what do I have to do?
A. Disable any system protection. Some types of software block the loader application from installing to the boot code.

Q. I've used a version of the loader before and it failed to work, what do I have to do?
A. If you previously used bootsect to get back into Windows then you first need to press uninstall, reboot and then install the newest version of the loader.

Q. I lose activation status after my systems been to sleep or has been in hibernation, can I fix it?
A. Go to the advanced options and select to disable type 4 memory, install the loader again and see if that cures it. If you're not cured try to disable type 3 memory instead. If it still fails try selecting the legacy setting.
>>
>>61550179
yeah i read the whole thing.
Someone said do MBR Regenerator v4.5 (even though i already did it last time)
But then someone else said just run this commandd - "bootsect /nt60 c: /mbr" but idk where i run it cause in cmd nothing happens
>>
>>61548491
rather keep things seperate and not clutter the workspace
>>
>>61550207
Run CMD after booting from USB or disc installation media.
>>
Best note sorting program for windows that doesn't require a log in (evernote, simplenote). Don't want to use notepad++ for notes as I use it for web dev.rather keep things seperate and not clutter the workspace
>>
how to save an entire 4chan thread?
>>
>>61550293
right click save page as
or
shift+f2
screenshot --fullpage 4chan.png
>>
>>61550370
>the second one
sheeeit, are you a wizard
>>
>>61550293
use the JSON API

>>61550242
nigga that ain't a question
it's full of stupid though
>>
Okay i tried MBR Regenerator and Windows Loader but i still keep getting an genuine Windows 7 Ultimate, i have checked the readme an tried anything. It still says Status: Notification and the system says the Microsoft needs to be activated, i have tried 2 different keys and it does not work.
>>
>>61550035
Thanks, im looking into that, is there no easier way than to netcat? seems a bit convoluted
>>
I can't install any new games, due to some runtime error about access violation at some hexdec address and something to do with module ntd.dll, whether on my old or new drive. Also my explorer.exe crashes from time to time, and I can't run a check disk scan or whatever to find errors on my original drive.
About how long do I have before my computer goes kaput?
>>
Can I force a Ryzen 1700 to always run at its turbo 3.7 GHz? I don't mean OC it. Or should I not even bother about that?
>>
>>61550987
if you are on windows, thats how its OC works whetever you like it or not
no downclocking on idle
>>
fixed

new thread >>61551122
new thread >>61551122
new thread >>61551122
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.