[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The former king of WWW

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: worldwide_browser_market.jpg (70KB, 959x612px) Image search: [Google]
worldwide_browser_market.jpg
70KB, 959x612px
Safari has a bigger market share than Firefox. What happened?
>>
>>61540093
Idk bud ask your mom
>>
>ucbrowser

Fake, opera should be the third on mobile, it have much more users than UChinkbrowser
>>
>>61540093
>>61540159
Chrome is Androids default browser, the go to browser for mobile and desktop, and is bundled with a lot of software.

UC is chinkshit, bundled with every disease ridden software on the net and shilled for profusely, also comes on a lot of OEM devices.

Fireshit is bloated as fuck, requires you to have used it on desktop for you to even think about using it on mobile, for almost no gains except add on support.

Safari is stock Isuck.

And Opera is a mere corpse at this point.

Congratulations, the botnet won as usual.
>>
>UC Browser
what is this? never heard of it.
>>
>>61540093
>What happened?
Turns out faggots are better software devs than pinkhaired SJWs...
>>
Only if you count Mobile, can iPhone users even use other browsers besides Safari?
>>
>>61540430
There are other browsers but they all use the same WebKit rendering engine.
>>
>>61540430
iPhone user here, yes we can but Brave works like shit on my phone and it is not on par with Firefox Focus on adblocking. Regular Firefox is a steaming pile of shit. So I just use Safari but I have my alternatives.
>>
File: 1448968364770.jpg (14KB, 333x279px) Image search: [Google]
1448968364770.jpg
14KB, 333x279px
>>61540093
>everyone uses chrome on wangblows
>OSX doesn't support anything else but shitfari
>somehow it's surprising that the two most used browsers on the two most used operating systems have the biggest market share
I mean, I know /g/ is full of retards and shit but you are really fucking stupid
>>
>>61540093
>>61540249
>Chrome is Androids default browser, the go to browser for mobile and desktop, and is bundled with a lot of software.
This. Chromebooks come with chrome default, too.

>Safari is stock Isuck.
This. And therefore widely used, most people with MacOS I saw used Safari, despite it being complete shit.

>And Opera is a mere corpse at this point.
:^(

>Congratulations, the botnet won as usual.
:'^(

Also, are chromium and chrome detected as the same browser?
>>
>>61540430
I'm phoneposting wih chrome rn
>>
>>61540093
>"market" share
>of free products

what kind of nonsense is this
>>
File: 1438798829136.jpg (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1438798829136.jpg
57KB, 500x500px
>>61540609
It's "free", anon
They distribute it for free, but they make money off of the ads and services they provide for you
Also don't forget your information is being sold for money and there's literally nothing you can do about it
>>
>>61540093
Safari on macOS is literally the fastest browser I would use it on my PC too if the windows version wasn't complete shit(it's like 5 generations before the mac version WTF).
>>
>>61540558
What are you talking about? Chrome is on osx.
>>
Mozilla is in a precarious situation where any failure is disastrous whereas their competitor's hegemony is quasi-untouchable no matter how much they suck

they are the AMD of the web
>>
>>61541817
Mozilla is finished. Thankfully this means the end of Rust.
>>
Jesus, Chrome has IE levels of dominance on the desktop.
>>
>>61540734
They stopped developing the Windows version like 5 years ago, it will never be updated again. That said I agree, I use it exclusively on OS X.
>>
>>61540093
if chrome would have tree style tabs id never use firefox again
>>
>uc browser
This is much more worrisome than safari.
>>
>>61540093
teenage girls and tech illiterate people drive safari's numbers up. There's no event that will change that. Firefox loses support all the time
>>
>desktop
>firefox 14%
So it hasn't dropped much. I think the height of Firefox was ~20% right?
>>
Mozilla got to the top after beating out IE (not a hard thing to do), then they rested on their laurels and stopped innovating while Google came in and fucked their shit up. Mozilla got too focused on their SJW causes to actually make their browser competitive with Chrome.

The only reason to continue to use Firefox is the extensions, but even then, they're about to roll out some updates which will probably break compatibility with the major ones. I used to be the biggest Firefox fanboy but now I've switched to Chromium. Really sad how Mozilla dropped the ball here.
>>
>>61540609
I don't understand it either. What difference does it make to a user whether their browser is popular or not?
>>
>>61542001

A more popular product means more resources and more support. For example, Mozilla has already begun their death spiral. As usage drops, so will contributions, donations, etc.
>>
>>61540558
>OSX only supports safari

lol, try again dumbass
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.