[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to enable virtualization

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: giphy (1).gif (152KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (1).gif
152KB, 320x180px
hey /g/
I usually just lurk and don't post much, but I was hoping for some advice with a virtualization problem. Basically my motherboard doesn't seem to support it. My processor should though. Unfortunately there does not appear to be an option for it in my BIOS.

I have a 6700K processor. The only information I've been able to bet about the motherboard is that the "manufacturer" is "Notebook" which doesn't make much sense, and the product is listed as: P870DM2_DM3. The serial number and version come up as N/A. I've been told that a driver update might add virtualisation, but I haven't been able to find any additional drivers. I also tried calling the manufacturer of the laptop, Origin, and the only info they were able to give me is that the option should be in the BIOS... which it isn't. Couldn't get the type of motherboard they used out of them either. I've been told I might be able to do something called flashing my BIOS. but it is likely to brick my system. I bought this laptop as a development platform, but if I can't emulate target devices, that makes testing rather hard.

Also I can't run android emulators, and I'll be honest, I really want phone games on my PC too. :P

Is there a workaround for this, or am I just screwed /g/?

>pic unrelated
>>
Search intel virtualization technology in bios.
If there is no option try updating the bios.
If there is still no option change your pc.
>>
>>61540104
>Search intel virtualization technology in bios.
It does not appear to be listed, and I don't see an actual search in the bios.
>If there is no option try updating the bios.
Where? I can't find any information of where that firmware would be, if it exists. From what I can tell the motherboard is probably proprietary specialized aka non standard shit put in by my lapop manufaturer. Can't find a bios update. The product number above is all the info I have on it and it returns almost no search results and nothing relevant.
>If there is still no option change your pc.
I'm a broke AF college student... guess I'm SOL if it comes to this... Spent the little cash I had on this one hoping it would last through college until I got a career.
>>
Seems to be a Clevo P870DM2
>>
File: 1487429697505.jpg (32KB, 443x442px) Image search: [Google]
1487429697505.jpg
32KB, 443x442px
>>61540638
>I can't find any information of where that firmware would be, if it exists
>Can't find a bios update.
>>
>>61539964
>Determine If Your Processor Supports Intel® Virtualization Technology
https://www.intel.co.uk/content/www/uk/en/support/processors/000005486.html
>>
Did you buy an eluktronic laptop?
>>
>>61541732
From looking at it a Clevo is the laptop brand, not the motherboard? I have an EON17-SLX from Originpc if that's what you are trying to find. No idea what motherboard is in it though, or where the updates would be.

>>61542230
it does - http://ark.intel.com/products/88195/Intel-Core-i7-6700K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_20-GHz

>>61542256
I bought a laptop from Originpc here - https://www.originpc.com/

usually their support is decent but when I asked them about virtualization support they were just clueless.

Also, I've been saying BIOS out of habit, but it is the newer UEFI if that helps. Basically the same thing but ┐( ̄ヘ ̄)┌ sorry about not listing the laptop manufacturer earlier, should have done that. Didn't mean to make everyone hunt that much.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>61542526
Well, myself I recently bought a eluktronic laptop that reads laptop as bios myself so I thought I'd ask.
>>
>>61542526
>Also, I've been saying BIOS out of habit, but it is the newer UEFI
Post pictures
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.