[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Inspirational code

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: enligtenment.jpg (11KB, 300x162px) Image search: [Google]
enligtenment.jpg
11KB, 300x162px
Some readings feels like a gust of wind running through your mind, in and out by unsuspected windows, opening new ways for light to come in, making you breath again like you forgot how to.

Programming of the metal-slaves is a thing of the Dark, meant to enslave us.
But it is for us Humans to master it and make beauty out of it.
I would learn coding with examples, so here is my request :

Have you ever been moved by a bit of code ?
Can you lead me to some simplistic and efficient and somehow Inspired code ?
>>
Also, I have heard about the C language to be more 'bare-metal' than many others.
I feel less interested by languages that runs into a Virtual Machine like Java or an interpreter like Bash.

I suppose that no one ever code directly on Assembler, that is not the question.
But I'm interested to know more about the 'bare-metal' quality of some languages and which exactly will, coupled with the adequate theory, grant me a profund understanding of the machine.
>>
>>61537800
I want to strangle people who think code looks like some dumb quote instead of a beautiful formula.
>>
the ycombinator flipped me out a bit when I understood it.
>>
>>61537974
This quote is especially destructive.

Tho i'd like to know if your love for logic and intellectual swiftness can provide us with something beautiful.
>>
>>61537800
float Q_rsqrt( float number )
{
long i;
float x2, y;
const float threehalfs = 1.5F;

x2 = number * 0.5F;
y = number;
i = * ( long * ) &y; // evil floating point bit level hacking
i = 0x5f3759df - ( i >> 1 ); // what the fuck?
y = * ( float * ) &i;
y = y * ( threehalfs - ( x2 * y * y ) ); // 1st iteration
// y = y * ( threehalfs - ( x2 * y * y ) ); // 2nd iteration, this can be removed

return y;
}
>>
>>61538073
I'm diggin it. Thanks a lot :)

There are hundreds of lines of source code publicly available, hosted by the FTP servers of the GNU project (or Github, or...)

Many times I've been called a dreamed but still..
May /g/ spoonfeed me with the name of a package, easy to find, simplistic and self-explanatory for the non-programmer ?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.